• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

Joker

Peter Sullivan (51)
Here are the early birds. Don't wait. Get tips in soon
Will @ReeceHodgeOfficial stay on top of the table?

AAGPS RUGBY TIPPING 2024 Round 6.jpg

Last edited:

Rooster79

Frank Row (1)
GPS 1s 2024 predictions
Come back to this
1. Lavercombe
2. Warner
3. Targett
4. Brial (c)
5. Founa
6. Logan
7. Le maitre
8. Jusctice
9. Grover
10. Folwer
11. Hartman
12. Fenwick
13. Gough
14. Mckenzie
15. Callaghan

Joker

Peter Sullivan (51)
Found this little gem I was working on many years ago when banter reigned supreme and a sense of fun prevailed plus serious debate

For example.....@Balmain Subbies, who is the recipient of the Graeme Dedrick orchestral triangle bursary this year?
Teasing, slightly tongue in cheek but WE NEVER stepped over the line (Well I did, plenty of times till I learned where the cliff edge was)

With this in mind I used create content for a gentle tease and a laugh.
Here is one I never published.

Chef de Joker ultimate guide to the cakes of the AAGPS.
Desserts that sum up schools the best. (warning this humour)

Riverview- The Genoise Sponge Cake

1718791065961.jpeg

Genoise is a light and fluffy sponge cake, named after the city of Genoa, Italy. It's known for its delicate, foam-like texture and is often used as a base for various bakes, including madeleines and ladyfingers. It's made with eggs, sugar, flour and butter.

Shore School- Raffaele Ronca's cheesecake

1718791384585.jpeg

Raffaele Ronca's $5,000 cheesecake is the most expensive in the world. It contains cheese from water buffalo, 200-year-old cognac and white truffles from Alba, Italy. The crust is made from biscotti and the chef's own chocolate and hazelnut spread.

Scots College- Triple Belgium Chocolate with Chocolate Ganache cake

1718791563735.png

The frosting and filling of this cake, including the drip, is made with only two ingredients: dark chocolate and heavy cream! This cake is the ultimate chocolate cake since it's full of chocolate flavour from the Dutch cocoa powder in the cake, and plenty of chocolate ganache that is used as filling, and frosting.

Newington- Faikakai ngou'a dumplings

1718791880231.png

Faikakai Ngoua (ngo-ah) is another type of Faikakai. It is made from kumala (sweet potato) or talo (taro) leaves cooked with wheat or manioke (cassava) flour. Keke isite These are fried dough balls made from sugar, flour, water and coconut milk. They are usually eaten without any accompaniments.

Kings School- Battenburg Cake

1718792101697.jpeg

The cake was created as a wedding gift for Prince Louis of Battenberg and Princess Victoria (granddaughter of Queen Victoria) and paid tribute to England's newest royal family member by using his last name as the title of the confection. A classic Battenberg cake is made with yellow and pink cake in a checkered pattern. It is said that these four blocks represent the four princes of Battenberg.

St Joseph's College- Australian Seed cake

1718792394622.jpeg

Damper, also known as bush bread or seedcake, is a European term that refers to bread made by Australian Aborigines for many thousands of years. Damper is made by crushing a variety of native seeds, and sometimes nuts and roots, into a dough and then baking the dough in the coals of a fire.

The Cleaner

Ward Prentice (10)
Found this little gem I was working on many years ago when banter reigned supreme and a sense of fun prevailed plus serious debate

For example.....@Balmain Subbies, who is the recipient of the Graeme Dedrick orchestral triangle bursary this year?
Teasing, slightly tongue in cheek but WE NEVER stepped over the line (Well I did, plenty of times till I learned where the cliff edge was)

With this in mind I used create content for a gentle tease and a laugh.
Here is one I never published.

Chef de Joker ultimate guide to the cakes of the AAGPS.
Desserts that sum up schools the best. (warning this humour)

Riverview- The Genoise Sponge Cake

View attachment 19483
Genoise is a light and fluffy sponge cake, named after the city of Genoa, Italy. It's known for its delicate, foam-like texture and is often used as a base for various bakes, including madeleines and ladyfingers. It's made with eggs, sugar, flour and butter.

Shore School- Raffaele Ronca's cheesecake

View attachment 19484
Raffaele Ronca's $5,000 cheesecake is the most expensive in the world. It contains cheese from water buffalo, 200-year-old cognac and white truffles from Alba, Italy. The crust is made from biscotti and the chef's own chocolate and hazelnut spread.

Scots College- Triple Belgium Chocolate with Chocolate Ganache cake

View attachment 19485

The frosting and filling of this cake, including the drip, is made with only two ingredients: dark chocolate and heavy cream! This cake is the ultimate chocolate cake since it's full of chocolate flavor from the Dutch cocoa powder in the cake, and plenty of chocolate ganache that is used as filling, and frosting.

Newington- Faikakai ngou'a dumplings

View attachment 19486

Faikakai Ngoua (ngo-ah) is another type of Faikakai. It is made from kumala (sweet potato) or talo (taro) leaves cooked with wheat or manioke (cassava) flour. Keke isite These are fried dough balls made from sugar, flour, water and coconut milk. They are usually eaten without any accompaniments.

Kings School- Battenburg Cake

View attachment 19487

The cake was created as a wedding gift for Prince Louis of Battenberg and Princess Victoria (granddaughter of Queen Victoria) and paid tribute to England's newest royal family member by using his last name as the title of the confection. A classic Battenberg cake is made with yellow and pink cake in a checkered pattern. It is said that these four blocks represent the four princes of Battenberg.

St Joseph's College- Australian Seed cake

View attachment 19488

Damper, also known as bush bread or seedcake, is a European term that refers to bread made by Australian Aborigines for many thousands of years. Damper is made by crushing a variety of native seeds, and sometimes nuts and roots, into a dough and then baking the dough in the coals of a fire.
Brilliant!! Laughing so much right now! Newington is my favourite HA!

Joker1

Bob McCowan (2)
GPS 1st XV 2024
1. H Lavercomb
2. C Ghattas
3. F Harvison
4. T Brial
5. A Greer
6. J logan
7. M Le Maitre
8. I Fonua
9. A Grover
10. Rodwell
11. Makasini
12. H Conick
13. T Hartman
14. J McKenzie
15. A Lewis-Thorp

Could not agree more @beached whale (Alex the brick thorp) at the fullback role is the epitome of the class this GPS team needs.

FastNFurious

Jimmy Flynn (14)
No, easy answer. However, I much prefer this season, it has been so competitive this year with all six teams winning games and in the hunt. As shore continues to strengthen their program I hope this becomes the norm.
Actually, I suspect Joeys would. Last years version almost beat them both rounds. This years version is superior, particularly in terms of being a team.