• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

Tiaan Biscuits

Bob McCowan (2)
I’m fairly sure they can only pick them in a position that they have played in a GPS game. Which is why the forward pack will have trouble to fit Brial, Justice and Fonua between 4,5,6 and 8. Unfortunately this means we might see Justice play another year of 16s GPS.
That seems highly unlikely, would be very counter productive if true. Many schools will pick their best fifteen players with a few out of position purely as a function of depth. If you were a top line wing playing 13 for your school and that prohibited you from being chosen for GPS as a wing, it would be grossly unfair. Also it would potentially affect the quality of the GPS XV because the best 13 gets picked but then the third best wing also gets picked because his competition was ineligible to be picked at wing. I’m not sure what the logic would be.

The Ghost of Raelene

Steve Williams (59)
Surely if a player such as Justice or Dempsey don't make the GPS 1sts and make GPS 2nds they will play opens over Presidents? Or is the rule only applicable to playing up for the GPS 1sts?
You should be able to GPS 2nds IMO. It's a higher level than 16s Rep in the grand scheme.

That side could beat GPS 1sts say 3/10 times if they played and plenty of NSW players will come out of it. You use to pick the GPS 2nd XV before the 1sts bench was named. Best players get the most minutes so NSW selectors can see them play.

There is an issue that the standard of opposition for GPS 2nd XV drops off so are you getting a false reading...

In a perfect or logical world which Rugby does not exist in these guys should be able to play in the Presidents side and if not selected for an U18s side but still U16 they should be able to drop into that category. You aren't giving anyone an unfair boot out of the 16s if a player from higher comes down. That's sport.

Ballscollector

Herbert Moran (7)
Think you're spot on, if a player who is eligible to play in the GPS Presidents is selected into the 1st or 2nd Open GPS team they should be allowed to play, Blue and White is a bit of a grey area in my eyes as I see those teams more as a pathway for the lower end opens players to showcase their skills, and see Presidents A as a more impressive stage than this. With your point on the standard of the GPS I completely agree, look no further than Joey Fowler playing GPS 2s in 2022, that team is still the cream of the crop.

AnonomousEmu

Bob McCowan (2)
GPS 1's 2024
1. Toby Taggart J
2. James Warner E
3. Hayden Lavercombe K
4. Arthur Greer J
5. Toby Brial S
6. Johannes Logan J
7. Marshall Le Maitre E
8. Justice Teaumopeau J
9. Angus Grover I
10. Jonty Fowler J
11. Hemasi Makasini N
12. Matt Gough J
13. Leo Jacques S
14. Tom Hartman I
15. Jai Callaghan E
Pretty spot on, however, I'm not sure if Lavercomb plays tight-head, would shift him to loose and play the like's of Osborne (I) and Harvison (E) at 3

Joker

Peter Sullivan (51)
I am sure selections will be done well.

5C37DFFC-90AD-413F-AA7C-81683273AF66.jpeg

BananaMan

Allen Oxlade (6)
Baxter Warner (N) has been the form 13 in the comp his defence is unreal and spark in attack is un matched. Has to be in GPS 1s!!!
Not sure about being the form 13 as there are many at the moment but I would say the same can be said about Tombs (J) - he's been consistently good week in week out.

Dustyy

Peter Burge (5)
I'd have Hamilton (E) over Mcpherson. In regard to the form 5's, you'd have to think Smtih (I) is well in the mix.
McPherson is having a cracking season. He is one of those players that hasn’t missed a tackle, supports the break down and when he has a run with the ball always makes a few metres. Players like him get lost and unfortunately overlooked by selectors when they stick to the same old names.

Backintheolddays

Watty Friend (18)
McPherson is having a cracking season. He is one of those players that hasn’t missed a tackle, supports the break down and when he has a run with the ball always makes a few metres. Players like him get lost and unfortunately overlooked by selectors when they stick to the same old names.
We’ll agree to disagree. Top kid but not a lock on his spot at TKS let alone GPS. Thiel, Greer and Graham for me. Hope they don’t move Brial in to cater for two 7s on the side.