• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

Joker

Peter Sullivan (51)
I think the joke flew over your head mate. But good for you and your mum!!!
Yes it was fun, but there was something deeper there for this member.

Myself, I grew up on seedcake and my mothers extra special carrot cake with lemon icing. She would bake one and then post to Joeys wrapped in wax paper inside an old biscuit tin. Every time I see this cake my mind takes me back to how I felt the love of my mother in every bite, plus the sight of a line of mates who all wanted a piece. My mother was a great baker and many friends still talk about it. Country mothers had to be.

1718796575497.jpeg

FastNFurious

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I too tend to lean towards Teaumopeau as the best option for no 8. I believe that he is currently the form 8 and has proven that he will perform week in and week out, playing a low-mistake and aggressive brand of footy that reminds me of Martin Johnson during his hay day. Always a pleasure to watch and a fine young footballer, I believe the selectors will reward him over any other lock in the competition.
Lock = 4,5. Please, we don’t play league .

AnonomousEmu

Bob McCowan (2)
Greer will be captain. Thiel will be the other 2R. Brial 6, Logan 7, Fonua 8. Sorry Le Mate.
Graham is a far better player than Thiel. His defence and ball-carrying set him a level above the king's boy. Brial has rarely played the edge forward role and has more commonly played in the middle of the field. Fonua is purely being out-performed in many aspects of the game by the likes of Conna and Justice

Backintheolddays

Watty Friend (18)
Actually, I suspect Joeys would. Last years version almost beat them both rounds. This years version is superior, particularly in terms of being a team.
I do wear sky blue tinted glasses to your cerise but the TKS ‘23 1st XV was a step above and I dare say that will be recognised further in years to come. I think 4-5 forwards and 2-3 backs were gen blue.
GPS ‘24 is great as a competition due to closeness but the top tier of ‘23 was superior, in my opinion.

FastNFurious

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Juvenile to believe it's so black and white, I call the no 8 the lock because that's what my father called the no 8, he did so because of his father. Rugby's not black and white mate never was and never will be, no one's right here, and no one's wrong, I speak the same way my father and grandfather spoke, rest his soul. And for that reason, I won't accept you telling me I am 'wrong'
Ok, you are correct and also very sensitive. The second row and lock are interchangeable and in rugby union the 8 is the 8. Yes in Australia we did call the 8 the lock for a long time because of the league influence. No where else in the world did they call 8 the lock. Bless you, your father and particularly your grand father. I never met my grand father, he died before I was born. I’m sure he would have called 8 the lock as well, he’d have been wrong.

CasualObserver

Herbert Moran (7)
Yes, as I was scrutinised on earlier I believe that Fonua could well be picked as a second rower due to Teaumopeau taking his position at lock. Whilst Greer and Graham are making strong cases to be picked I don't believe Fonua should be ruled out of the conversation because of his position change, and I don't believe that selectors will rule him out.
I doubt Teaumapeau will play lock, he's only played 8.

The Chairman

Cyril Towers (30)
I agree with #6, #7 and #8 that everyones predicting Logan, Lemaitre and JT. However not a mention to Bassingthwaighte for the 10 spot. My darkhorse for GPS #1 selection is him.

Let me know your thoughts

TFF
Hes most likely the best player not to get in. Really only because Rodwell is about the best player in the comp right now. Between Logan, Le Maitre, Fonua and Taumopeau one will have to miss out too.

The Ghost of Raelene

Steve Williams (59)
Brial and Fonua deserve to be first names written down. Rodwell on form deserves this as well at 10. His League ties might be the thing in the way for anything higher than GPS selections but it shouldn't stop GPS picking the best side it can.

The Player Of National Interest (PONI) squad have been identified in March this year for what it's worth in the 18s. GPS had Grover, Brial, Cleverley, Fonua, Hartman, Le Maitre, McKenzie. If fit these players will feature in a Gen Blue side regardless of GPS selection.

@Joker
Joeys +5
View +7
Kings +7

Last edited:

Tiaan Biscuits

Bob McCowan (2)
Brial and Fonua deserve to be first names written down. Rodwell on form deserves this as well at 10. His League ties might be the thing in the way for anything higher than GPS selections but it shouldn't stop GPS picking the best side it can.

The Player Of National Interest (PONI) squad have been identified in March this year for what it's worth in the 18s. GPS had Grover, Brial, Cleverley, Fonua, Hartman, Le Maitre, McKenzie. If fit these players will feature in a Gen Blue side regardless of GPS selection.

@Joker
Joeys +5
View +7
Kings +7
Why do they do that in March before the season starts? It seems illogical that they would choose players based on last year in an age group where players develop enormously over 6-12 months.

Maul of Duty

Herbert Moran (7)
Why do they do that in March before the season starts? It seems illogical that they would choose players based on last year in an age group where players develop enormously over 6-12 months.
It is a long process and there are three different times where players are added to the squad. The first round were picked in March and there will be another group that gets added to it shortly and then again later in the year. It is not an easy process and the selectors appear to be giving many players the opportunity to earn their spot in both the squad and then in the final team that is selected.