• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

HOWGOODISFOOTY!

Frank Row (1)
GPS 1's 2024
1. Toby Taggart J
2. James Warner E
3. Hayden Lavercombe K
4. Arthur Greer J
5. Toby Brial S
6. Johannes Logan J
7. Marshall Le Maitre E
8. Justice Teaumopeau J
9. Angus Grover I
10. Jonty Fowler J
11. Hemasi Makasini N
12. Matt Gough J
13. Leo Jacques S
14. Tom Hartman I
15. Jai Callaghan E
Baxter Warner (N) has been the form 13 in the comp his defence is unreal and spark in attack is un matched. Has to be in GPS 1s!!!

TheManTheMyth

Stan Wickham (3)
Predicted 16s GPS

1. Sheck (N)
2. Smith (K)
3. Bloomfield (K)
4. Sidwell (E)
5. Millward (K)
6. Perkins (I)
7. Dempsey (I)
8. Taumoepeau* (J)
9. Whittaker (N)
10. Taylor (K)
11. El Kurdi (K)
12. Keone (N)
13. Large (S)
14. King (N)
15. Risati (K)

Bench:
Platis (K)
Matthews (K)
Bull (S)
Troy (J)
Murdoch (E)
Gardiner (J)
Smith (J)

Inj:
Davies (K)
Wendt (E)
Viliamu (N)

*Not sure if Justice will play opens this year for GPS.

Let me know your thoughts, and any players I have missed.

Doing my HSC

Allen Oxlade (6)
I believe that Justice and Dempsey be selected in both if good enough (which they are) and then get to select where they will play, both of them were two of the better players in that 16A team last year, and are now two of the better forwards in the comp. Yet, there are plenty of great backrowers to fill in if they do play 16s such as Brial, Logan, Lemaitre

Id say they will both play 16s and the 1s will look like this in the pack

1. Lavercombe
2. Ghattas/Warner
3. Osbourne
4. Greer
5. Fonua/Graham
6. Logan
7. Lemaitre
8. Brial

Ballscollector

Herbert Moran (7)
I think Sheck is injured for the Presidents game, I would put Armstrong (E) there, only 16As game I've watched was Scots vs Shore this weekend gone but I've watched all the 2nds games and Armstrong is a very powerful runner and has definitely earned a spot in President A despite harsh competition.

TheManTheMyth

Stan Wickham (3)
I think Sheck is injured for the Presidents game, I would put Armstrong (E) there, only 16As game I've watched was Scots vs Shore this weekend gone but I've watched all the 2nds games and Armstrong is a very powerful runner and has definitely earned a spot in President A despite harsh competition.
Yes... definitely a good shout if Sheck is out due to his shoulder issue. Either Armstrong (E), or Matthews (K) who despite being a preferred second rower, has slotted into prop for the 2nds at Kings quite well.

Grubblin

Frank Row (1)
Baxter Warner (N) has been the form 13 in the comp his defence is unreal and spark in attack is un matched. Has to be in GPS 1s!!!
I've watched that player since he was young, local boy from my area. Great player but I simply don't think he is able to compete with the more talented players such as Jacques (S), Hartman (I), Tombs (J).

There's just so much talent is this competition, very hard to select only 15 boys.

Time will tell. Cheers. Grubblin.

footyismyname

Bob McCowan (2)
Predicted 16s GPS

1. Sheck (N)
2. Smith (K)
3. Bloomfield (K)
4. Sidwell (E)
5. Millward (K)
6. Perkins (I)
7. Dempsey (I)
8. Taumoepeau* (J)
9. Whittaker (N)
10. Taylor (K)
11. El Kurdi (K)
12. Keone (N)
13. Large (S)
14. King (N)
15. Risati (K)

Bench:
Platis (K)
Matthews (K)
Bull (S)
Troy (J)
Murdoch (E)
Gardiner (J)
Smith (J)

Inj:
Davies (K)
Wendt (E)
Viliamu (N)

What about 2nds 16s team?

The Cleaner

Ward Prentice (10)
GPS 1's 2024
1. Toby Taggart J
2. James Warner E
3. Hayden Lavercombe K
4. Arthur Greer J
5. Toby Brial S
6. Johannes Logan J
7. Marshall Le Maitre E
8. Justice Teaumopeau J
9. Angus Grover I
10. Jonty Fowler J
11. Hemasi Makasini N
12. Matt Gough J
13. Leo Jacques S
14. Tom Hartman I
15. Jai Callaghan E
I can't see Lavercombe playing #3 in this line up. He is a specialized #1

Maul of Duty

Herbert Moran (7)
Predicted 16s GPS

1. Sheck (N)
2. Smith (K)
3. Bloomfield (K)
4. Sidwell (E)
5. Millward (K)
6. Perkins (I)
7. Dempsey (I)
8. Taumoepeau* (J)
9. Whittaker (N)
10. Taylor (K)
11. El Kurdi (K)
12. Keone (N)
13. Large (S)
14. King (N)
15. Risati (K)

Bench:
Platis (K)
Matthews (K)
Bull (S)
Troy (J)
Murdoch (E)
Gardiner (J)
Smith (J)

Inj:
Davies (K)
Wendt (E)
Viliamu (N)

I like it. Many of the boys playing up in opens as well. Looks like a very strong side to me

Maul of Duty

Herbert Moran (7)
Yes... definitely a good shout if Sheck is out due to his shoulder issue. Either Armstrong (E), or Matthews (K) who despite being a preferred second rower, has slotted into prop for the 2nds at Kings quite well.
Injuries will play a big role in selections. Hopefully all the boys playing this weekend come out injury free and state their case for selection.

InsiderScoop

Ward Prentice (10)
Ghattas vs Warner, Graham vs Greer, Gough vs Conick will be the main position battles in my eyes, I think Hartman is best suited in a team of this calibre on the wing, but I'm not too familiar with the selectors views on playing players out of their school position? Not too sure who I would pick to replace him but think Hartman is such a lethal finisher and would benefit from playing wing in a team full of superstars.
I’m fairly sure they can only pick them in a position that they have played in a GPS game. Which is why the forward pack will have trouble to fit Brial, Justice and Fonua between 4,5,6 and 8. Unfortunately this means we might see Justice play another year of 16s GPS.

Professor62

Larry Dwyer (12)
I’m fairly sure they can only pick them in a position that they have played in a GPS game. Which is why the forward pack will have trouble to fit Brial, Justice and Fonua between 4,5,6 and 8. Unfortunately this means we might see Justice play another year of 16s GPS.
unfortunate for him if this is the case.
-Professor

Ballscollector

Herbert Moran (7)
Surely if a player such as Justice or Dempsey don't make the GPS 1sts and make GPS 2nds they will play opens over Presidents? Or is the rule only applicable to playing up for the GPS 1sts?

PROPaganda

Herbert Moran (7)
Surely 6 and 7 would count as the same. Le Maitre and Logan both have to be in the team.

Backintheolddays

Watty Friend (18)
Surely 6 and 7 would count as the same. Le Maitre and Logan both have to be in the team.
Depends on the style the coaches want. Lot of mobile big boppers out there to fill out 4-8. I personally would only pick one for the 7 slot. Australia has a fascination with our #7's which the world has largely moved away from. "A good big man ..."