• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syd

Herbert Moran (7)
I was hoping to speak to some of the Shore lads who spoke to me early in the day.
Really good, honest young men. It was lovely to meet you and hear your thoughts (and requests for more of my Scots "analysis") This season I have spoken to many students but it was a first meeting Shore lads.
Very impressed (loved the face paint today). Apologies i couldn't shake your hand after the game.

View attachment 20249
You’re a scholar and a gentleman Joker, thanks for the kind words.

Where's the beef

Chris McKivat (8)
Just a thought for the crew
1. if Joeys get done by View next week which is likely then me thinks its a long time since joeys has not come out on top in 1,2 or 3.
2. It will be very interesting next year as a number of these 1XV sides across GPS have strong showings of yr 11 young men. 2025 has always been touted as the year to watch at joeys. Losing your last 4 games and the title for that matter will be remembered (assuming loss to View)
3. For next year, Kings based on this year look the goods.
4. Dont be surprised if scots end up second this year.

FastNFurious

Alfred Walker (16)
Just a thought for the crew
1. if Joeys get done by View next week which is likely then me thinks its a long time since joeys has not come out on top in 1,2 or 3.
2. It will be very interesting next year as a number of these 1XV sides across GPS have strong showings of yr 11 young men. 2025 has always been touted as the year to watch at joeys. Losing your last 4 games and the title for that matter will be remembered (assuming loss to View)
3. For next year, Kings based on this year look the goods.
4. Dont be surprised if scots end up second this year.
Yes, the assumption of ‘25 Joeys dominance based on underage success was always flawed. The nucleus of the team was from the class of ‘24. Next year will be tough for Joeys. As for this season, the coaches have a lot of reinventing today before next Saturday. I’m not sure they are up to it.

Last edited:

PROPaganda

Chris McKivat (8)
Where were Leo bass and jai from shore last year? Asking for a mate.
Leo started in term 4 2020. If you talking about Rex then he started last year. The name Bassingthwaighte reads on just about every board throughout the school. So I don’t think you know what your talking about. Jai hadn’t played a game of rugby union until last year btw.

The Grail

Larry Dwyer (12)
Kings 43 Riverview 33

Just got back from the Wallabies game in Bris, we looked young and inexperienced compared to the Boks, have alot of work to do. Amazed by how many Saffa's showed up, there will be plenty of them in Perth next week.

Had a look at the school matches and well done to Kings for beating a good View side. Both have some young players, so should be fun to watch their progress next year.

Congratulations to Shore on a dominant performance over Joeys, start to finish it was all Navy and White. Its been a minute since we have seen their 1st XV play like that, great for Shore and GPS rugby. Jika would be tickled, I also have a bunch of (OE) cousins who will be justifiably proud.

Haven't got to the New V Scots game, will watch it tonight.

The 10 GPS rounds is a great way to run the show imho.

Not related but speaking of 'sports' highlight of the day may have been the Australian breakdance contestant... For anyone who didn't see it here she is;

Last edited:

Joker

Staff member
Apologies I am late. Took a "turn" yesterday and had to get medical help. (Diabetic vertigo...the world just spins)
Big thank you to the 2 Shore boys who helped along with a Shore dad to get to the uber.
Anyway feeling better.

AAGPS RUGBY TIPPING 2024 Round 9.jpg

brumbiesrugby

Nev Cottrell (35)
Rubbish, Shore has as many rep players. The Joeys coaching is predictable and fails to play to the strengths of the players and it certainly doesn’t select the best available players.
The style of Joeys play is entirely predictable and has not evolved in line with how elite level rugby is played. What do I mean by that? Not a box kick in sight. Trying to run the ball from your own 22 and turning over the pill. Winning the ball at a quick breakdown and then throwing 2 man cutout passes to the wing when you have an overlap, enabling the Shore D to ignore the inside players and bundle the winger into touch. Forwards throwing low percentage offloads in tackles inside Shores 22 and turning it over. No effective 50/22 strategy. Joeys are tenacious and spirited and have some strong individual talent but collectively have not achieved as a collective.

brumbiesrugby

Nev Cottrell (35)
Riverview suck balls at footy lowkey
Grammatically the word "low key" if it is a singular word, is otiose in this sentence. If you are trying to say that the boys from the swamp haven't performed as well as expected that's probably true. But really we all know that the only game they care about winning is next week's local derby against their overlords from HH.

The Ghost of Raelene

Steve Williams (59)
The style of Joeys play is entirely predictable and has not evolved in line with how elite level rugby is played. What do I mean by that? Not a box kick in sight. Trying to run the ball from your own 22 and turning over the pill. Winning the ball at a quick breakdown and then throwing 2 man cutout passes to the wing when you have an overlap, enabling the Shore D to ignore the inside players and bundle the winger into touch. Forwards throwing low percentage offloads in tackles inside Shores 22 and turning it over. No effective 50/22 strategy. Joeys are tenacious and spirited and have some strong individual talent but collectively have not achieved as a collective.
Correct. The T shape is a dated and predictable method. It wins games in lower age groups because it is good at retaining possession and defences break from 5+ phases.

Good 1st XVs can defend it and know where the next phase is going 9/10 times. It also relies on individual brilliance at times which was fine with Jorgo and Leahy in the side….

Status
Not open for further replies.