• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joker

Staff member
I was hoping to speak to some of the Shore lads who spoke to me early in the day.
Really good, honest young men. It was lovely to meet you and hear your thoughts (and requests for more of my Scots "analysis") This season I have spoken to many students but it was a first meeting Shore lads.
Very impressed (loved the face paint today). Apologies i couldn't shake your hand after the game.

1723282063570.jpeg

Last edited:

thesolicitor

Allen Oxlade (6)
Beautiful. Hopefully someone got a priceless shot of Callaghan and Bassingthwaighte crowd surfing.

I must say, the Shore staff were a bit of let down and were far too strict on the boys’ chanting. Let the boys play.
I tend to agree, the staff were trying to do the right thing by the school but when old boys and prep boys are on the field and you’ve got some kids chanting “let us out” you need to know when to let the boys celebrate with there mates after a epic win

ItsNotPink

Darby Loudon (17)
3rd XV Round 6 Report
What a day it was today in the 3rd XV competition with only two teams now having any chance to win the premiership and no possibility of it being shared. Grammar had the expected win over High and remain on top of the table. Then Shore upset Scots to move a point ahead of them on the table and remain a single point behind Grammar. Only Grammar or Shore can now win the premiership since they play each other next week. Scots are done for the year and will be polishing the Col Windon Shield to hand back. Joeys and Riverview both had good wins but cannot catch the leaders in the final round. Shore v Grammar next week becomes the 3rd XV Match of the Year - winner takes all.

If Grammar beat Shore next week, they win the competition by at least two points.
If Grammar draw with Shore next week, they win the competition by a point.
If Shore beat Grammar next week, they win the competition by a point.

Competition Table after Round 6
Grammar 10
Shore 9
Joeys 8
Scots 8
Riverview 7
Kings 4
TAS 2
High 0

Shore 15 d Scots 14
What a result at Bellevue Hill in the match of the round! It keeps Shore alive in the premiership and ends any chance Scots had to retain the Col WIndon Shield. Even if Scots beat TAS next week, the most they can get to is 10 points and that will not be enough. Shore have completed half the battle - beat Scots then beat Grammar to win the premiership. Well done to them. They now face Grammar at Northbridge for the title.

Grammar 57 d High 0
An easy win as expected, and Grammar are now in pole position to claim the premiership next week with a win over Shore. Grammar have played brilliantly since their single loss and can be the outright premiers with a win or draw next week. High host Kings for their final match in what has been a very challenging season.

Joeys 35 d TAS 3
Joeys had no trouble in Armidale defeating TAS on Backfield. The win moves Joeys into equal 3rd with Scots, but just short of a chance to claim the premiership. Even if Joeys beat Riverview next week in their final match, the best they can finish is equal second. TAS have had a challenging season as well and they host Scots in Armidale for their final match.

Riverview 15 d Kings 0
I did predict this result, as I think Riverview have been thereabouts for the last few weeks and Kings did not show much against Joeys last week at Hunters Hill. So Riverview v Joeys will be a great match in the final round, even though neither of them can win the premiership this year. Kings are highly likely to finish the season with a victory though, as they play High at McKay Oval.

What a day it will be next Saturday. I think I will be popping down to Northbridge to see if Shore can win their first official 3rd XV premiership since 1951 or whether Grammar can claim the shield that they last won in 2020. Should be a cracker.

INP.

Number 7

Darby Loudon (17)
I tend to agree, the staff were trying to do the right thing by the school but when old boys and prep boys are on the field and you’ve got some kids chanting “let us out” you need to know when to let the boys celebrate with there mates after a epic win
What a day. So happy for the boys and the school after an eternity of uncompetitive rugby.
Poor form from the teachers who tried to suck the joy from what was a momentous day. I get that you wanted to protect our guests but the over-zealous nature of the policing didn’t go unnoticed by the parents and was not appreciated by the students who were well behaved in general.
Big kudos to the Joeys players. Whilst the Shore players were celebrating and were eventually swamped by old boys, the Joeys players waited patiently on the sideline for the shore players to shake hands and join the tunnel. There seemed to be genuine respect between the teams at the end which didn’t go unnoticed.

BoysfromtheBxW

Allen Oxlade (6)
Where were Leo bass and jai from shore last year? Asking for a mate.
Have a cry about it. How does it feel to lose the premiership to a school that hasn’t won in 60 years. Your just mad that your supposed to be the best rugby school in australia and that’s now changed. Keep sobbing in your room and firing shots behind a computer screen but you’re never gonna do anything about it!!! Shore>Joeys keep crying

FastNFurious

Alfred Walker (16)
Have a cry about it. How does it feel to lose the premiership to a school that hasn’t won in 60 years. Your just mad that your supposed to be the best rugby school in australia and that’s now changed. Keep sobbing in your room and firing shots behind a computer screen but you’re never gonna do anything about it!!! Shore>Joeys keep crying
Settle down champ. I think you’ll find @upthestudents is a View supporter. Shore played some spectacular rugby yesterday, it’s great they are in the box seat with a week to go. If they do win, as you say, the first premiership in 60 years, it’s just a drop in the ocean. They’d need to win every year for the next 50 to catch Joeys. Oh, and the rugby programme is measured by depth, not a single team.

Status
Not open for further replies.