• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

Rudderless

Bill McLean (32)
The traditional Sydney v Country squads battle it out in Bathurst this Sunday 28th.
Live on NSW RugbyTV

Boys teams playing for various Cups and bragging rights.

1721817087298.png

Billy McGee

Allen Oxlade (6)
Coming over from Aloys so part of me thinks he'll just tow the line sadly.

Simple thing but gee he'd win some fans if he let the boys play.

@Joker
Kings +5
View + 2
Joeys + 10
I’m quite sure the new principal has already been bombarded with feedback when it comes to the state of the grandstands and fields at View.
Interested to know, though, whether this cohort playing in 2024 has grown to like the Leichhardt game.
Been a few years now and it’s a big spectacle.
Home ground advantage is one thing but also think there could be aspiration to play that Leichhardt game.

ItsNotPink

Darby Loudon (17)
3rd XV Round 4 Preview
After the term break and representative GPS games, it’s back to the business of the 3rd XV competition. There are four rounds to go and while Scots are out in front with three wins from three matches, they will have plenty of challengers in the final rounds. Round 4 is the first of these games with Scots travelling to Rushcutters Bay to take on Grammar. Kings hosting Shore, TAS travelling to Lane Cove to play Riverview and Joeys tackling High at Hunters Hill for the second time this year after their early trial.

Grammar 1st XV v Scots 3rd XV (11:00am on Weigall #1)
Match of the round as Grammar host the undefeated Scots team in the Battle of the Eastern Suburbs Greater Public Schools at Rushcutters Bay. Grammar lost for the first time at Hunters Hill last round, but the conditions were horrendous, and they will prefer a dry track to give their speedy backs better attacking opportunity. Scots will play their patient pick and drive game before unleashing their scoring machine out wide. Should be a great match and I think that Scots will win narrowly. Having said that, it won’t be a huge surprise if Fortress Weigall defends another attack, keeping Grammar near the top of the competition table.
Scots by 5

Kings 3rd XV v Shore 3rd XV (1:00pm on White Oval)
Kings got close to Scots in their previous round match, losing by just 5 points. And Shore had a draw with Riverview at Northbridge. This is Shore’s first away game this competition and it is a must-win game for them if they are to stay in contention, sitting a point behind Scots on the table. Kings can take some confidence into this match after their recent performance against the competition leader. Shore would be slight favourites but don’t be surprised if Kings lift in front of their home crowd and cause an upset on JS White.
Shore by 3

Riverview 3rd XV v TAS 1st XV (11:00am on Riverview #1)
Riverview were unlucky not to win at Shore last round after leading 8-0 at half time. But they came away with an 8-8 draw and that’s kept them in 4th spot on the table. TAS had their first win of the season over High in Armidale and will want to build on that on their next road trip to Sydney. I like Riverview’s chances at home in this match, but they cannot be complacent as TAS will come to Sydney looking to make it two wins in a row.
Riverview by 7

Joeys 3rd XV v High 1st XV (11:00am on Joeys #1)
There is no doubt that Joeys are on a roll after knocking off the undefeated Grammar team last round by 20 points at a rain-soaked Hunters Hill, but they’re coming from a fair way back with two early losses. Still, all they can do is keep winning and they have already defeated High this year in a trial. Of course, it is apparent that this is an improved High team returning to Joeys. They scored 20 points against TAS in Armidale and will be coming to Joeys wanting more of the same. I think Joeys will still win this, but I don’t think it will be as easy as last time. Let’s see.
Joeys by less than last time.

Good luck to all players for Round 4.
INP

The Ghost of Raelene

Steve Williams (59)
I’m quite sure the new principal has already been bombarded with feedback when it comes to the state of the grandstands and fields at View.
Interested to know, though, whether this cohort playing in 2024 has grown to like the Leichhardt game.
Been a few years now and it’s a big spectacle.
Home ground advantage is one thing but also think there could be aspiration to play that Leichhardt game.
My opinion* on it is you would cherish a packed home ground longer than a suburban field that can have a NSW Club Soccer game on it the next day. Many of these guys will go on to play on grounds of note even if they only play Club Rugby.

It got buzz the first time and benefited from both sides being good in the following but it could easily die off once people have being there done that. At the end of the day it only got forced on them because they have allowed the grounds to become completely susceptible to weather. They like to spin it as a crowd control issue which is also their fault in regards to perimeter fencing. Home ground is something to be proud of. White Oval is a brutal place to play, Waverley feels like your'e being dragged into a dog fight and Joeys make you face their crowd just entering the field. That's all sanitised when you take it to Leichardt in regard to a home field advantage.

I hope they take the chance to develop something that will benefit all for the next 25+ years. They have the space, resources and demand. Lets hope the initial plans are followed through on

Billy McGee

Allen Oxlade (6)
My opinion* on it is you would cherish a packed home ground longer than a suburban field that can have a NSW Club Soccer game on it the next day. Many of these guys will go on to play on grounds of note even if they only play Club Rugby.

It got buzz the first time and benefited from both sides being good in the following but it could easily die off once people have being there done that. At the end of the day it only got forced on them because they have allowed the grounds to become completely susceptible to weather. They like to spin it as a crowd control issue which is also their fault in regards to perimeter fencing. Home ground is something to be proud of. White Oval is a brutal place to play, Waverley feels like your'e being dragged into a dog fight and Joeys make you face their crowd just entering the field. That's all sanitised when you take it to Leichardt in regard to a home field advantage.

I hope they take the chance to develop something that will benefit all for the next 25+ years. They have the space, resources and demand. Lets hope the initial plans are followed through on
Absolutely agree on all counts.
Would love to see the facilities upgraded to make them worthy of the rugby played there.
Nothing better or more tribal than defending your home patch