• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

gus titler

Frank Nicholson (4)
Another extremely unbias schoolboy review with my opinions on the top 10 players within the competition ;)
Feel free to scold me

1. Marshall Le Maitre Shore (Snubbed from Aussie Schoolboys)
2. Arthur Greer Joeys
3. Phoenix Graham View
4. Jai Callaghan Shore
5. Hayden Lavercombe Kings
6. Justice Taumoepeau Joeys
7. Rex Bassingwhaite Shore
8. Angus Grover View
9. Toby Brial Scots
10. Charles Ghattas Joeys

Going off the dome here so might of missed some key players

-Sincerely Superman
P:S I love making lists if you haven't noticed already
my top 15 players in gps this season:
1. Gus 'Mudgee mudcrab' Littler
2. Charles ghattas
3. Bryn Whittaker
4. Harry Murdoch-tilmouth (dochy)
5. Arthur Greer
6. Lucas

Arnautovic​

7. Johannes 'butcher' Logan
8. justice
9. darcy brown
10. jonty fowler
11. Henry troy
12. sam jorgensen
13. Oscar jorgensen
14. ben sleeman
15. max palmisanti

this is an unbiased opinion from a kings old boy!

Maul of Duty

Sydney Middleton (9)
Another extremely unbias schoolboy review with my opinions on the top 10 players within the competition ;)
Feel free to scold me

2. Arthur Greer Joeys
3. Phoenix Graham View
4. Jai Callaghan Shore
8. Angus Grover View
9. Toby Brial Scots

-Sincerely Superman
I think that several of the boys listed here are not on the Aussie Schoolboys list as they are in the PONI squad and therefore not eligible.

I wonder what the list would look like if boys were not injured such as Luca Cleverley, Isaac Fonua

Srgnt Short Ball

Chris McKivat (8)
my top 15 players in gps this season:
1. Gus 'Mudgee mudcrab' Littler
2. Charles ghattas
3. Bryn Whittaker
4. Harry Murdoch-tilmouth (dochy)
5. Arthur Greer
6. Lucas

Arnautovic​

7. Johannes 'butcher' Logan
8. justice
9. darcy brown
10. jonty fowler
11. Henry troy
12. sam jorgensen
13. Oscar jorgensen
14. ben sleeman
15. max palmisanti

this is an unbiased opinion from a kings old boy!

your a class act gussy! taking pot shots at others contributing meaningfully with baseless claims they are schoolboys then proceeding to take the piss and undermine the forum. get a grip and go finish you english assesments!

AnonomousEmu

Bob McCowan (2)
Feel free to scold me

2. Arthur Greer Joeys
3. Phoenix Graham View
4. Jai Callaghan Shore
8. Angus Grover View
9. Toby Brial Scots

-Sincerely Superman
Johannes Logan must be up there

Joker

John Hipwell (52)
AEA1327B-DBA0-462D-87C3-AD4DF93FE374.gif

Joker….the grand daddy of psychotic supporters

My case for Iggy.

Throughout my many years of AAGPS rugby I have been fortunate to witness some incredible support shown by all (yes even High) Schools. The administrations of these schools have tolerated many of these colourful characters over the decades but time has been cruelling to some.

In my lifetime I have seen the Wyvern Dragon; a costumed student on the sideline whipping up the Newington boys into a formidable vocal assemblage. He would lead out the team through their mammoth tunnels and would then prowl the sideline in front of the Newington supporters. He was the first I think of the AAGPS cheer mascots. He disappeared in the 90’s I think. Now they have drums, banners and kick ass BBQ.

Scots had a Highland Warrior for a limited time and would only release him from his cell when required. In the early 2000’s a golden rampant lion costume appeared, and like its Newington counterpart, he would lead teams out at home games. Generally considered a buffoon or comic relief, he did do his job quite well as Scots is not short on clowns. The sideline antics halted when the Dark Lord Camembert seized power and deemed the lion to be a distraction to universal domination.

Grammar and High even had fleeting moments of GPS madness. Grammar would have the most inventive and effective chants (and some good teams). As the sun set on their rugby dexterity, the Grammar “bees” would chant to the opposition (or maybe just Joeys) “You only win on the scoreboard, wait to the HSC”. Sydney Boys High would play the public-school card with a chant to the tune of “Old MacDonald had a farm”. I have asked around and this is what I believe was the verse.

“My family pays no fees, doo daa, doo daa
And they drive a brand-new car oh the doo daa day
Going to drive all night, going to drive all day
My family pays no fees, get out of our way.

Kings are one of the last to have a cheer leader of such old-time buffoonery. A student dressed in an elegant cape, wielding a wooden sword and clutching a Kings Shield would whip his fellow Kingsmen into a frenzy. Plenty of posturing and strutting in front of his peers was a highlight but being Kings boys, this was not an issue. They are used to swaggering for the Tara girls.

Joeys…. never had and never needed one. Sure, they have cheer leaders, but sonic booms and damaging decibels have worked well since 1894. In recent years the quality has fallen away but this season I have noted a return to the mongrel dog attitude of decades past. Maybe someone at Joeys is reading my thoughts?

So now we come to Iggy.

This controversial character was the gold standard of sideline antics. He was selected by the students for the students after exhaustive public tryouts. The brief was simple, demonstrate absolute dynamic support for the Lane Cove lunatics. For over 30 years I saw this character and each year I would appreciate this student led support. It was the strength of character demonstrated by Iggy who controlled “the weather” of View’s support. Great “Iggy’s” would lead the school in “Iggy the Moocher” chants. Often dressed in a wild style of clothing (or not!) Iggy was a one man show and Riverview supporters knew and loved this. With Iggy out front, the opposition supporters gaze would wander to the Riverview lads and their own support would wane. I can say with great confidence that View won many games they shouldn’t have because Iggy and the passion he evoked, inspiring the 15 players or “wolf pack.” Now they rely on a bloody drum and incoherent war cries.

For the sake of the AAGPS, BRING BACK IGGY

sundayeightpm

Allen Oxlade (6)
He's year 9 view but meant to be getting a run next year in 1s or 2s
Interesting - pretty close to the Year 9 group...like - real close...and can't see this happening. Tom S is a handy footy player with a big heart. Like most of the lads - needs to put a few kilo's over the next few years.

HeaveAndPush

Frank Row (1)
This tom Symons kid from Riverview who has made Sydney this year as a starting flanker and a certain for gen blue also has a good shot with great speed toughness and IQ he will be one to watch
Heave here,
Kids pretty good was at the trials with a mate of mine who was selecting for the sydney team and he was going on about how good his footy IQ is

Maulmaster

Frank Row (1)
View attachment 20017

Joker….the grand daddy of psychotic supporters

My case for Iggy.

Throughout my many years of AAGPS rugby I have been fortunate to witness some incredible support shown by all (yes even High) Schools. The administrations of these schools have tolerated many of these colourful characters over the decades but time has been cruelling to some.

In my lifetime I have seen the Wyvern Dragon; a costumed student on the sideline whipping up the Newington boys into a formidable vocal assemblage. He would lead out the team through their mammoth tunnels and would then prowl the sideline in front of the Newington supporters. He was the first I think of the AAGPS cheer mascots. He disappeared in the 90’s I think. Now they have drums, banners and kick ass BBQ.

Scots had a Highland Warrior for a limited time and would only release him from his cell when required. In the early 2000’s a golden rampant lion costume appeared, and like its Newington counterpart, he would lead teams out at home games. Generally considered a buffoon or comic relief, he did do his job quite well as Scots is not short on clowns. The sideline antics halted when the Dark Lord Camembert seized power and deemed the lion to be a distraction to universal domination.

Grammar and High even had fleeting moments of GPS madness. Grammar would have the most inventive and effective chants (and some good teams). As the sun set on their rugby dexterity, the Grammar “bees” would chant to the opposition (or maybe just Joeys) “You only win on the scoreboard, wait to the HSC”. Sydney Boys High would play the public-school card with a chant to the tune of “Old MacDonald had a farm”. I have asked around and this is what I believe was the verse.

“My family pays no fees, doo daa, doo daa
And they drive a brand-new car oh the doo daa day
Going to drive all night, going to drive all day
My family pays no fees, get out of our way.

Kings are one of the last to have a cheer leader of such old-time buffoonery. A student dressed in an elegant cape, wielding a wooden sword and clutching a Kings Shield would whip his fellow Kingsmen into a frenzy. Plenty of posturing and strutting in front of his peers was a highlight but being Kings boys, this was not an issue. They are used to swaggering for the Tara girls.

Joeys…. never had and never needed one. Sure, they have cheer leaders, but sonic booms and damaging decibels have worked well since 1894. In recent years the quality has fallen away but this season I have noted a return to the mongrel dog attitude of decades past. Maybe someone at Joeys is reading my thoughts?

So now we come to Iggy.

This controversial character was the gold standard of sideline antics. He was selected by the students for the students after exhaustive public tryouts. The brief was simple, demonstrate absolute dynamic support for the Lane Cove lunatics. For over 30 years I saw this character and each year I would appreciate this student led support. It was the strength of character demonstrated by Iggy who controlled “the weather” of View’s support. Great “Iggy’s” would lead the school in “Iggy the Moocher” chants. Often dressed in a wild style of clothing (or not!) Iggy was a one man show and Riverview supporters knew and loved this. With Iggy out front, the opposition supporters gaze would wander to the Riverview lads and their own support would wane. I can say with great confidence that View won many games they shouldn’t have because Iggy and the passion he evoked, inspiring the 15 players or “wolf pack.” Now they rely on a bloody drum and incoherent war cries.

For the sake of the AAGPS, BRING BACK IGGY
Anyone able to shed some light on how the Iggy Trials work?