• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

FastNFurious

Jimmy Flynn (14)
This is my GPS form picked team so far (call me an idiot, I don't keep tabs on reputation, these are the standouts for me)

1. I Sheck (N)
2. C Ghattas (J)
3. D Osborne (I)
4. T Brial (S)
5. A Greer (J)
6. C Conna (I)
7. J Logan (J)
8. I Fonua (K)
9. A Grover (I)
10. Rodwell (N)
11. Makasini (N)
12. M Gough (J)
13. T Hartman (I)
14. J McKenzie (S)
15. J Callaghan (E)

Reserves:
16. J Warner (E)
17. C Quinn (J)
18. H Lavercombe (K)
19. P Graham (I)
20. J Taumoepeau (J)
21. C Hickey (N)
22. L Fenwicke (K)
23. T Risati (K)

Let me know your thoughts, I picked every player within their respective position at a school level and I understand that may change when Reps roll around so bear with me. Conna stands out to me as someone who could play 6 hence why I picked him there, (I know he plays 8)
Interesting selections, why wouldn’t Hasani be picked at 3? I know he U16 but there are others on the list that fall into that category.

Dustyy

Peter Burge (5)
Yes, Kings backline defence did not get the job done today. Luckily their forwards were solid otherwise the score line would have been much worse for the Kingsmen
Kings were unlucky through inexperience on Saturday and also I think poor coaching. With not long to go, Kings elected to take a scrum with the 8 running off the back of the scrum. Even my 10 year old could see this coming. The ball was lost and New ran away with a try taking them to 34. If the kings team took the 3 points (the penalty was right in front- the kicking tee should have been run on before the excitement of going for the scrum was made) it would have been a five point game. Then the penalty try would have put them in front. The New winger (11) is a very big strong boy but poor tackling left him through a number of times. The New forwards were slow and tired half way through the first half. If it wasnt for the New 13, 11 and 15 the game would have been lost.

Joker

Peter Sullivan (51)
t'was an absolute pleasure to meet the one and only @Joker on the weekend. Fabulous fella who loves a chat.
Great to meet you Gus. It was a pleasure to speak with you. I always appreciate when people say hello. I love to hear about others perspectives on the games. I was most impressed with the View lads who also introduced themselves.

Last edited:

Joker

Peter Sullivan (51)
Meanwhile at Scots the Dark Lord is debriefing with the coach.

89624229-CDC5-4142-96A8-52A8D9FCE4EF.jpeg

Steve_Grey

Larry Dwyer (12)
Go up to the 1st XV and fix it.
This is a replica (results wise) of last season for TSC - the coaches / head of sport / DoR decided to run a 1XV dominated by Year 11s, when numerous Y12s were better - they lost their initial games and only changed selections in the outside backs with 3 or 4 games left and started winning funnily enough.

What TSC couldn't predict was the injuries they would rack up, and so the plan was left in tatters.

There are still 5 games to go - TSC need to select the best players in their naturally best position, rather than pick (in their view) the best players in any position. Five wins out of the next five and it all changes.

Joker

Peter Sullivan (51)
@Joker the 2's and 3rds both undefeated. I think in general the program is doing well. Surely you cannot base everything on 1 team's results?
In the days of Marcus Blackburn he would be happy but Scots has reverted to type with their obsession with the 1sts and the others can do what they want. I worked there for 14 years and saw this for 13 of these. As I told them many times, including The Dark Lord, you must start at the bottom. Under 9’s in the Prep. Give them the proper coaching that others then build upon. It’s not rocket science. The Joeys model is also simple. “Everyone matters”, not just one team.

The Cleaner

Sydney Middleton (9)
Kings were unlucky through inexperience on Saturday and also I think poor coaching. With not long to go, Kings elected to take a scrum with the 8 running off the back of the scrum. Even my 10 year old could see this coming. The ball was lost and New ran away with a try taking them to 34. If the kings team took the 3 points (the penalty was right in front- the kicking tee should have been run on before the excitement of going for the scrum was made) it would have been a five point game. Then the penalty try would have put them in front. The New winger (11) is a very big strong boy but poor tackling left him through a number of times. The New forwards were slow and tired half way through the first half. If it wasnt for the New 13, 11 and 15 the game would have been lost.
The New #11 winger, even some of the TKS parents were cheering for him. An amazing athlete. TKS needs to understand before they run the #8 pick at the scrum the scrum needs to be stabilized first. They have not been able to execute this 8 pick play perfectly in the past because the #8 pick and the scrum has not been stabilized and they almost lose the ball. TKS fell for NEW's play. TKS kicking could have been better also. No doubt the TKS boys know so no use kicking a dog when down.