• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

Mosmanwhale

Bob McCowan (2)
Already Boys have openly said to the TSC 1stXV coaches they don't want to go up! it's pretty bad at TSC......mind you every season seems to be the same.... nothing changes
This is not true. you speak to any of the boys, and they would want to contribute to the 1st XV. I'm thinking you have had a negative experience at the school (assuming you are a disgruntled parent of a player that has been dropped or not recognized). Stop being negative and step up and be positive, start contributing positively or get off the forum.

Last edited:

Backintheolddays

Watty Friend (18)
The New #11 winger, even some of the TKS parents were cheering for him. An amazing athlete. TKS needs to understand before they run the #8 pick at the scrum the scrum needs to be stabilized first. They have not been able to execute this 8 pick play perfectly in the past because the #8 pick and the scrum has not been stabilized and they almost lose the ball. TKS fell for NEW's play. TKS kicking could have been better also. No doubt the TKS boys know so no use kicking a dog when down.
Actually scrum screwed exactly how they wanted it. Was just bad handling to drop a good pass straight into the hands of the New 13.
Hindsight says take the three but a midfield scrum 10m out is your dream scenario. Kings just muffed it, as with a couple of the other New tries.
Anyone trying to tackle that freaking awesome New wing high deserves what they get, beat 5 on one run.

FastNFurious

Jimmy Flynn (14)
This is not true. you speak to any of the boys, and they would want to contribute to the 1st XV. I'm thinking you have had a negative experience at the school (assuming you are a disgruntled parent of a player that has been dropped or not recognized). Stop being negative and step up and be positive, start contributing positively or get off the forum.
Situation normal at Bellevue Hill.

Game_Day_Ritual

Ward Prentice (10)
Go up to the 1st XV and fix it

This is not true. you speak to any of the boys, and they would want to contribute to the 1st XV. I'm thinking you have had a negative experience at the school (assuming you are a disgruntled parent of a player that has bene dropped or not recognized). Stop being negative and step up and be positive, start contributing positively or get off the forum.

Situation normal at Bellevue Hill.
Let’s see how the remainder of the season pans out. Hopefully can get some wins across all age groups. Across the groups joeys seem to be strong with some good View teams.

Billy McGee

Peter Burge (5)
Actually scrum screwed exactly how they wanted it. Was just bad handling to drop a good pass straight into the hands of the New 13.
Hindsight says take the three but a midfield scrum 10m out is your dream scenario. Kings just muffed it, as with a couple of the other New tries.
Anyone trying to tackle that freaking awesome New wing high deserves what they get, beat 5 on one run.
Can’t let him get up a head of steam or it’s all over. Great see in full flight.

Had Kings taken the 3, the whole chain of events that followed would have differed - the penalty try scenario wouldn’t have happened.
The whole notion “if only we took the 3 we would have won” forgets the fact that from the very next re-start nothing would have been the same.

scrumptious

Frank Row (1)
On that note, here's a list I've put together of all GPS players in the Gen Blue Squad that played a couple games at the start of the year.

Joeys:
Matt Gough (12)
Justice Taumapeou (8)

Newington:
Luca Cleverley (6)

Kings:
Hayden Lavercombe (1)
Anton Thiel (5)
Issac Fonua (8)
Ben Sawyer (10, 15)
Louis Fenwicke (12)

Riverview:
Angus Grover (9)
Tom Harman (13)

Shore:
Ed Baxter (4)
Marshall Le Maitre (7)

Scots:
Charlie Ulcoq (4)
Toby Brial (5)
Max Laverty (12)
Leo Jacques (13)
Jay Mckenzie (15)

Just put the positions they are currently playing in brackets to help out. Let me know if I've missed any.
missed multiple 16s players from afew of the schools.

Backintheolddays

Watty Friend (18)
Looking forward to next weekend Joeys v New backs if they get a dry track.
Preseason I expected the Scots boys to put in a backs masterclass but it hasn’t materialised.
Always been impressed with the New 10 and 12 but 11,13 and 15 also excelled on the weekend. Good combination of size, talent and speed.
New forwards while not dominate provided enough of a platform for the backs to unleash.
Kings have outperformed this year and think will regret not winning this game, wasn’t their same standard and New deserved winners. Optimistically think Kings have much more upside, while nearly everything went right for New, Kings error rate in attack and defence has much higher than previous.

Maul of Duty

Allen Oxlade (6)
Newingtons probably got the best back 3 in the comp, Granthams no slouch and has played at 15. Difference I thought was in the forwards. Not really renowned for set piece NC held it together and cancelled out the forward arm wrestle. They did have a bit of luck in the lineouts
Unfortunately the New forwards did give away the penalty try as well

The Cleaner

Sydney Middleton (9)
Power Ranking - Post Rd 5
1. Joeys
2. New
3. Shore
4. View
5. Kings
6. Scots

A reminder that power rankings are not the same as the ladder, but a ranking of who I believe the best teams based on recent form and are regardless of ladder position.
I'd put Kings last purely base on performance last week (Though I've not watched TSC game). BACK TO BASIC FOR TKS. Tackle bags needs to be out. Kick with a purpose. Need Game management brain also. Fenwicke AMAZING 2nd five eighth but maybe overplayed hands as five eighth. I know there is a young five eighth in their 2nd XV - Will Taylor maybe its time he comes up since their 2 x #10 are both injured. Freeing Fenwicke to do what what he does as a 12.

Last edited:

The President

Allen Oxlade (6)
This is my GPS form picked team so far (call me an idiot, I don't keep tabs on reputation, these are the standouts for me)

1. I Sheck (N)
2. C Ghattas (J)
3. D Osborne (I)
4. T Brial (S)
5. A Greer (J)
6. C Conna (I)
7. J Logan (J)
8. I Fonua (K)
9. A Grover (I)
10. Rodwell (N)
11. Makasini (N)
12. M Gough (J)
13. T Hartman (I)
14. J McKenzie (S)
15. J Callaghan (E)

Reserves:
16. J Warner (E)
17. C Quinn (J)
18. H Lavercombe (K)
19. P Graham (I)
20. J Taumoepeau (J)
21. C Hickey (N)
22. L Fenwicke (K)
23. T Risati (K)

Let me know your thoughts, I picked every player within their respective position at a school level and I understand that may change when Reps roll around so bear with me. Conna stands out to me as someone who could play 6 hence why I picked him there, (I know he plays 8)
Got to have Le Maitre and Bassingthwaighte in there somewhere. Le Maitre would be my captain

The President

Allen Oxlade (6)
If the selectors are picking this team based on Name then sure, but if they are picking it off performance then these 2 would be nowhere near GPS 1's, and Captain? Laughable. Sound the Scoolboy alarm, I detect a Shore Boy.

Cheers,
- Fanatic
They have both been the 2 best performers for Shore and definitely have to be in there somewhere. They do have a big name and reputation behind them but they certainly can back it up