• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

Hero

Banned
anyone got scots teamlist?

This is my understanding from my credible inside scources:

Finlay Bartlett the young prodigy has been dropped from the second row despite playing 1sts last year.

Ive heard they brought up Luke Alam a year 10 prospect, but has big boots to fill in the sad dismissal of Bartlett. Heard Alam has defensive prowess due to his unique build. But will have to step up physically on saturday especially considering riverviews Knack for snatching underdog victories.

Taralga

Stan Wickham (3)
1717133351630.png

Some changes at Scots.

wisemaan

Banned
Anyone have the Shore team for tomorrow?
According to what I've heard through the grapevine, this seems to be unfolding much like it has in recent weeks. 1st XV

1. Charlie Armarti ( Recently moved up from the 2nd XV but is looking promising)
2. James Warner
3. Felix Harvison
4. Ethan Hamilton
5. Ed Baxter
6. Gus Gordon
7. Marshall Le'Maitre
8. Angus Reardon
9. Jack Binnie
10. Rex Bassingthwaite
11. Charlie Francis
12. Henry Conick
13. Lewis Kingdom
14. Ollie Mackellar
15. Jai Callaghan

Yours in sporting reason, A Sane Observer

-wisemaan

The Chairman

Cyril Towers (30)
Anyone have the Shore team for tomorrow?
Unchanged. 2nds are

1. Armstrong
2. Garner
3. Cowdrey
4. Galligan
5. Stock
6. Frape
7. Smith
8. Clout
9. Greig
10. Segeart (c)
11. Hockey
12. Breakwell
13. Longes
14. Scott
15. Cowan

Unavailable: Cope

Bit of a change.

Last edited:

wisemaan

Banned
Unchanged. 2nds are

1. Armstrong
2. Garner
3. Cowdrey
4. Galligan
5. Stock
6. Frape
7. Smith
8. Clout
9. Greig
10. Segeart (c)
11. Hockey
12. Breakwell
13. Longes
14. D’Almeida
15. Cowan

Unavailable: Cope

Bit of a change.
D'Almeida to the 3rd XV in the centers I believe and Scott to join the 2nd XV after returning last game. Correct me if I am wrong

Yours in sporting reason, A Sane Observer

-wisemaan

Syd

Allen Oxlade (6)
Nah just you can’t find any record of those schools beating shore
Stay classy solicitor, each school has its different focus and results. Kings seem to be doing the best at the academic and sport mix recently, a notable third to Shore’s 2nd place against Grammars predictable 1st in HSC. A hyoer focus on sports definitely has an academic cost, but each of us can be proud of participating in our schools victory’s and defeats on the sporting field and classrooms.

runningrugbyrules

Larry Dwyer (12)
From all this league Talk ...CIS 2024 U18 side. I am almost certain Large, Lemoto and Makasini have committed to League. They can play the school 1st XV games but cannot be considered at representative level . Does it make sense to invest in training these boys to play Rugby Union positions (let alone occupy positions) knowing that they will not play the code? They are talented boys but they want to play League not union. Anyway my own opinion.
View attachment 19060
I would always select any boy who plays rugby, including players who also play and/or are contracted to league clubs. At the age of 16-18 the NRL offers are going to be minimum quadruple what the ARU can offer. Who can blame a kid (particularly if his parents are doing it tough) for taking the better offer.

BUT many of these players may end up back in the Wallabies ranks in future years like Joseph-Aukuso Sua'ali'i. Let’s say Sua'ali'i was blacklisted from playing GPS 1st XV, NSW schools and the victorious Australian Schools team. There is no way he would have later signed with the Wallabies. Those great experiences he had in rugby including beating NZ would have helped the ARU signing him.

We need these players who pick league or it may be another +20 years before we win a Bledisloe again , interestingly that game in 2002 we had 2/3 ex-NRL players and two other Wallabies sons who now play league (both for CIS).

It’s also little investment as the NRL club will pay, coach and train these players for free before they return one day like Sua'ali'i.

The Chairman

Cyril Towers (30)
Shore v Kings Results

13B
Shore 17 Kings 12
13A
Shore 13 Kings 31
14B
Shore 41 Kings 12
14A
Shore 26 Kings 0
15B
Shore 0 Kings 43
15A
Shore 19 Kings 22
16B
Shore 19 Kings 7
16A
Shore 29 Kings 5

@Joker

runningrugbyrules

Larry Dwyer (12)
The 16th man being Steve Jani, from year 11 and 2nd XV to GPS 1sts, his son Jack Jani is a big prospect for Spagetti Cup combined XV
Joeys backs in 1994 were unbelievably strong, two Joeys 2nd XV centres made GPS reps. Another 2nd XV back from 1994 had played NSW schools 2nd XV in 1993. A 1993 CAS 3rd XV centre from 1993 only made Joeys 3rds in 1994, the 94 1st XV centre coaches Joeys 1st XV today

thesolicitor

Allen Oxlade (6)
Stay classy solicitor, each school has its different focus and results. Kings seem to be doing the best at the academic and sport mix recently, a notable third to Shore’s 2nd place against Grammars predictable 1st in HSC. A hyoer focus on sports definitely has an academic cost, but each of us can be proud of participating in our schools victory’s and defeats on the sporting field and classrooms.
Yeah fair enough riverview and joeys have had great school wide achievements in recent years

KingD

Bob McCowan (2)
Joeys backs in 1994 were unbelievably strong, two Joeys 2nd XV centres made GPS reps. Another 2nd XV back from 1994 had played NSW schools 2nd XV in 1993. A 1993 CAS 3rd XV centre from 1993 only made Joeys 3rds in 1994, the 94 1st XV centre coaches Joeys 1st XV today
Am I correct in saying that they had to have played at least 1 game in the 1sts to be considered for GPS selection (fairly sure Jani played 1 game in 1990)?

The Grail

Larry Dwyer (12)
Yeah fair enough riverview and joeys have had great school wide achievements in recent years

Agreed, one of our boys chose to study Med' when he left View and the other is also in an academically challenging course at Uni, the school set them up with a brilliant study routine/methods and well resourced academic foundation. An old family mate of mine from the bush left Joeys in the the late '80's, he also studied Med and ended up practicing in Sydney. All 3 examples represented their schools at a high level in different sports, rowing, tennis, rugby, and are well balanced.

All to say; it mostly has to do with the drive of the blokes in our GPS schools and what they want to do, no doubt all the resources are there in all 9 schools to achieve. As for who is further up the ladder, it also relates to some schools choosing boys for academics or offering positions for them, 'View and Joeys don't use that metric, maybe it could be argued they should? Like a couple of other schools View has a large population of country boarders, which imho helps their tradtional rugby (& rowing) depth.

Last edited: