• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

I think the Shore v New game will be the closest of the week. I’m struggling to pick a winner. Obviously New are winless. But have played the two form teams… Whereas Shore have scraped a win against Kings.
I’m can forecast a Wookie ambush of Northbridge. Thoughts?
TSP…
I completely disagree with you on this TSP. Shore were very solid against Kings. Yes, they may have let in a couple easy trys but it was on the back of some brilliant individual plays by some of the Kings players. I will be very surprised if Shore struggle against Newington especially at Northbridge. The crowds are only getting bigger for Shore and the footy is only getting better. I can say the complete opposite for Newington.

Would be happy to hear any rebuttals.

TheMaulester

Mungo1866

Stan Wickham (3)
I’d swap a lot of the forwards from 2’s, they seemed fitter and faster. 15 and 13 were good as well.
The Scots outside backs were units- they reminded me of the Scottish/South African outside backs in the recent 6 nations- tall and built.I thought they’d cause Joeys more trouble than they did but the smaller Joeys forwards just shut things down.
Fittler seemed wasted on the wing - a lot of experience there with little to do and maybe showed up as out of position by one of the Joeys tries - I’d play him closer in.

Professor62

Larry Dwyer (12)
The Scots outside backs were units- they reminded me of the Scottish/South African outside backs in the recent 6 nations- tall and built.I thought they’d cause Joeys more trouble than they did but the smaller Joeys forwards just shut things down.
Fittler seemed wasted on the wing - a lot of experience there with little to do and maybe showed up as out of position by one of the Joeys tries - I’d play him closer in.
Who do you push out?
-Professor

The Ghost of Raelene

Steve Williams (59)
I completely disagree with you on this TSP. Shore were very solid against Kings. Yes, they may have let in a couple easy trys but it was on the back of some brilliant individual plays by some of the Kings players. I will be very surprised if Shore struggle against Newington especially at Northbridge. The crowds are only getting bigger for Shore and the footy is only getting better. I can say the complete opposite for Newington.

TheMaulester
Didn't see any of Newington v Joeys but from the weekend v View they showed a lot of heart and seemingly improvement. Some other sides would have lost that game by 20+ with the sheer possession and territory View had in the Newington 22m.

I think Shore can and will handle them at home. Newington 10 and the big fella on the Wing are elite talents who can threaten anyone. I wouldn't want to play a shoot out with them.

Hard to say if they take confidence from it as they should be proud of the effort or heads start to drop as they gave it everything and came up short.

Doing my HSC

Peter Burge (5)
Also, how does no one ever mention the fact that Joeys is constantly team stacking. This is where they bring players from higher grades and make them play down in lower grades. This is probably done to help keep their very prestigious expectation of always having incredible depth.
Any proof you dog?

Doing my HSC

Peter Burge (5)
Did he have a HIA? He walked off unassisted when subbed off.
He got knocked out... I would assume this is why he was subbed off as he is one of their stronger players. If he is injured I reckon Lemoto should be slotted into the pack.

Screen Shot 2024-05-27 at 10.23.58 am.png

The nugs

Frank Row (1)
He got knocked out... I would assume this is why he was subbed off as he is one of their stronger players. If he is injured I reckon Lemoto should be slotted into the pack.

View attachment 19027
No sleeping on the job for Joeys boys. Joeys number 1 (Toby Taggart) dislocated his shoulder just before half-time, you could see Taggart had the true toughness and courage to over come the pain. Putting on 2 more hard shots before the whistle blow, which he then ran back into the sheds to put it back into place. Wishing him a speedy recovery ahead of a big kings game this week.

Wavesfooty2

Allen Oxlade (6)
No sleeping on the job for Joeys boys. Joeys number 1 (Toby Taggart) dislocated his shoulder just before half-time, you could see Taggart had the true toughness and courage to over come the pain. Putting on 2 more hard shots before the whistle blow, which he then ran back into the sheds to put it back into place. Wishing him a speedy recovery ahead of a big kings game this week.
That is gutsy as, Just watched the tackle, he gets back up and makes another impact tackle with the dislocated shoulder. crazy toughness get him in origin next wednesday

CasualObserver

Herbert Moran (7)
Also, how does no one ever mention the fact that Joeys is constantly team stacking. This is where they bring players from higher grades and make them play down in lower grades. This is probably done to help keep their very prestigious expectation of always having incredible depth.
This is total rubbish. I have two boys there at the moment and have never seen this. It is more the opposite where higher teams are carrying lots of reserves because the other schools can't provide an opposition, which makes the lower teams weaker than they should be. Even when schools refuse to play vs a B or C team, the players from those teams don't move down, they miss a week of footy and spend the day in their blues watching their mates having fun.

Last edited:

Jockey181

Banned

TheMaulester
I disagree CS. Newington will bounce back. Shore will win but it will sure be bloody close mate..
Jockey Defense

TheSetPiece89

Frank Row (1)

TheMaulester
I tend to agree with TGOR. Newington have some handy talents that could score some brilliant individual tries, as you said Shore let some easy tries in. If Newington get in the lead they showed us last weekend they have the heart and fitness to defend their 22 for prolonged periods. Hence why I think this game will be close. Also New will be hungry for their first win of the season, that is why I can see them winning.
TSP…

Top Bottom