• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

RushingRob

Ward Prentice (10)
it was the student body dressed in uniform. I don’t think you’ll be able to reference an event where the Joeys student body behaved in such a way.
If you actually look at the tape, it was silent (few on the piss old boys whistling) until there were some noises made ONLY as he was hitting it, not like other schools (as seen previously) constantly yelling in the whole lead up to the kick. Everything is picked up and made targeting Scots, "they sang Auld Lang Syne with their school and made Joeys wait VERY IMPATIENTLY (1 min) to go off the tunnel", wow holy shit that is diabolical, never seen before, unprecedented shenanigans. They MUST fine Scots and take away their point on the ladder.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
The negative behaviour of Scots supporters on the far touchline yesterday was as bad as I ever witnessed at HH. The disrespect shown to the kicker attempting to win the 2s was a low in sportsmanship, even for Scots. The verbal abuse of players coming from the school body during the 1s and 2s was appalling. Does Scots not send teachers to away games or is that kind of behaviour acceptable?
I must be going old and deaf. Maybe it was my position on the western side up near the scoreboard but all I heard when the 2s fella was attempting to win the game with that final kick was silence. As for the Scots 1s going over to their supporters before accepting the Joeys sportsmanship clapping them off, not every schoolboy gets every social occasion spot on. The Joeys 1s didn't seem to mind waiting for the Scots boys to finish their Scotsing.

Rookie21

Larry Dwyer (12)
Cheer Captains. Maybe should get their cadet leaders to give them a lesson on how to shout from the chest not the throat. Solid effort though.
Very familiar with the cheer captains. Virtually non existent throughout COVID but were sublime during my final year

Crashy

Colin Windon (37)
I seem to hear a lot about Shore 4th XV but not much about any of the other schools 4ths teams. Sounds like Shore have one of the stronger teams and that shows the huge improvement in depth for the school just over the last few years. The future is bright.
Yep thats the key difference this year. In fact a lot of 4ths players have been bumped to the 5ths due to previously injured players returning to the 3rds. Coaches in the mid grades have said that it has been a very long time since Shore have had this much depth down to the 6ths. ( They field 8 teams this year). Should be more.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Also, how does no one ever mention the fact that Joeys is constantly team stacking. This is where they bring players from higher grades and make them play down in lower grades. This is probably done to help keep their very prestigious expectation of always having incredible depth.

Isn't that a bastard act? Fancy Joeys stacking the Firsts. Please bring this to the attention of the relevant headmasters and/or the GPS executive officer.

As an Old Boy of such an institution, former parent and uncle and cousin of a handful of OBs, in addition to a friend of many parents of my alma mater and most of the other independent Sydney schools, this is utter crap. The only instance I've ever seen of a talented player running around in a lower side to that in which he should be playing is when on return from injury, or suspension.

DropGoal

Ward Prentice (10)
Also, how does no one ever mention the fact that Joeys is constantly team stacking. This is where they bring players from higher grades and make them play down in lower grades. This is probably done to help keep their very prestigious expectation of always having incredible depth.
This makes no sense cause they’re winning at the top level too lol

The Chairman

Ron Walden (29)
Not how stacking works my friend. Trust me over the years on the rowing forum we’ve had this chat multiple times.

FastNFurious

Jimmy Flynn (14)
What complete and utter dribble.

FastNFurious

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I must be going old and deaf. Maybe it was my position on the western side up near the scoreboard but all I heard when the 2s fella was attempting to win the game with that final kick was silence. As for the Scots 1s going over to their supporters before accepting the Joeys sportsmanship clapping them off, not every schoolboy gets every social occasion spot on. The Joeys 1s didn't seem to mind waiting for the Scots boys to finish their Scotsing.
The boys didn’t mind waiting but yes you probably need to have your hearing checked.

Mungo1866

Stan Wickham (3)
Definitely need to see the audiologist- I was in the same area of the ground and it was quite obvious(and I think my hearing is dodgy). I thought it poor form but I guess Scots hadn’t much to cheer about all day- think only 4 wins across the day.

Game_Day_Ritual

Ward Prentice (10)
As a parent of a teenager, unfortunately 16/17/18-year-olds boys don't always get it right! cut all the kids some slack from all schools. In the end with some reflection, adult intervention they can learn for the next time. The competition is very tight this season which makes for great viewing. here's to round 3.

Flat out

Frank Nicholson (4)
What a load of BS.

FastNFurious

Jimmy Flynn (14)
If you actually look at the tape, it was silent (few on the piss old boys whistling) until there were some noises made ONLY as he was hitting it, not like other schools (as seen previously) constantly yelling in the whole lead up to the kick. Everything is picked up and made targeting Scots, "they sang Auld Lang Syne with their school and made Joeys wait VERY IMPATIENTLY (1 min) to go off the tunnel", wow holy shit that is diabolical, never seen before, unprecedented shenanigans. They MUST fine Scots and take away their point on the ladder.
I was there, directly adjacent to the Scots students (it wasn’t old boys). I dont need to watch the tape. The behaviour was appalling, both during the kick and throughout the 1’s and 2’s. That’s the standard Scots accepts from its students. No one cares about them singing their song.

Flat out

Frank Nicholson (4)
Was at the Joeys Scots game at the park. Congrats to scots on a well deserved win in 2nds. It was earnt and all respect goes to that team. Joeys has some work to do to reverse that at the hill. A number of the scots 2nds I thought played with for heart than there counterparts in the 1sts. On 1sts, This joeys side is lean and mean. They were dwarfed yesterday by the scots boys but from the first tackle the big bodies got hammered. The scoreline was reflective of the result. For scots the standout was their 13. The battle of the number 8's was clearly won by Joeys as was the 7's. The heart and guts award goes to the joeys prop who had something go wrong in the shoulder, stumbled back to the line with Scotts pressing for the before half time try and then made 2 crucial takles and a steal to shut it down. when he went up to the sheds to be assessed the joe boys showed their appreciation. The scots team individually had talent, but joeys matched that particularly in the backs. Both teams have some gas to burn there. Bring on the next round

Agree, the Scots 2nds looked good and definitely had size advantage. I thought #15 for Scots had a great game - he never stopped, he was like the energizer bunny.