• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

New Zealand vs Ireland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Hat trick of tries caused by Paddy Wallace. Don't see any need for him being in the team when we have two centres playing on the wing, one of whom plays with BOD regularly at Leinster.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
One of the 3 Black Smiths scores after a final pass from One of the 3 Black Smiths.

How good would it be: Smith to Smith to Smith?

Sounds almost Welsh with their Jones's.:)

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
4 tries. 26-nil after 24 minutes. And we can only eek out 1 & 2 point victories over Wales ?

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Kane is having a great game.

The scrum is the one thing that Ireland have gotten right tonight.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Spud Bashers 69% possession Darkness 31% possession

32 minutes gone

Spud Bashers 0 Darkness 26 .

Sheesh. What is the score going to be if the Darkness get their hands on the ball?

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Terrible first half by Ireland. Came into the game a little towards the end of the half but still made silly errors at crucial times. The damage was done early in the half.

Cruden was excellent from NZ before he went off. Kane probably their best player and Richie has gone well. SBW took his tries well.

That yellow just before half time probably means we'll lose by 40-50 rather than 30. Ireland will probably get a couple of tries in the 2nd half without bringing the score any closer overall.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Ridiculous yellow card. The fact that the ball went upwards and he almost regathered should indicate that it wasn't an intentional knock down.

An almost intercept should never be a yellow card.

Stuff like that is why Irish fans always groan when we seen Poite is the ref. It's not going to decide the game as NZ have already done that.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Ridiculous yellow card. The fact that the ball went upwards and he almost regathered should indicate that it wasn't an intentional knock down.

M. Poite was a little bit trigger happy with the YC there.

Be bloody difficult for the Irish to come back from here with 14 players for 1/4 of the remaining game time.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
Agreed Braveheart, that seemed a genuine intercept effort for mine.

Ireland's defensive line speed is very poor, the NZ midfield have a ton of time and are making easy yards.

Richo

John Thornett (49)

The previous one looked more intentional... And wasn't, either.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
It seems the Irish played their game last week. The errors they have made in the first half after last week's game are a major disappointment. Perhaps there is nothing left in the tank.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I'm very worried that Deccie couldn't tell that his selection would allow NZ to bash it up and play on offloading game, when someone like myself with a little knowledge and a lot of passion could see it.

ACR

Desmond Connor (43)
Terrible yellow card, wasn't even a penalty.

I stick by my original call to play Cruden ahead of Carter at 10. A perfect 25 minute display, four try assists. I fear that he is going to have a career blighted by injuries however. His knee is strapped every single week and at his age that's not ideal.

Status
Not open for further replies.