• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

New Zealand vs Ireland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I wouldn't read too much into Guilford and Savea going, Shag said before series startede he planned to use all 30 players with possible exception of Nonu and Ellison, who, especially Nonu hasn't had a break for a while. Biggest interest will be is how this loose combo goes, feel we arte down a lineout jumper, but I can't see to many reasons to argue with team named.

J

Jiggles

McCaw has been pretty average when playing at 6 for the Crusaders and I don't think he is dynamic enough to play 8, even though it is just cover for Read. All of a sudden the ABs back row seems to be really lacking in depth...

ACR

Desmond Connor (43)
Carter has been ruled out of the final test with a thigh injury. Personally I think it makes it harder for Ireland as Cruden has been in better form in S15 this year.

New Zealand: I Dagg; B Smith, C Smith, S B Williams, H Gear; A Cruden, A Smith; T Woodcock, A Hore, O Franks, L Romano, S Whitelock, L Messam. S Cane, R McCaw (capt).
Replacements: K Mealamu, B Franks, B Retallick, A Thomson, P Weepu, B Barrett, T Ellison.

A rather inexperienced side overall. McCaw at 8 is no good, why not bring in an actual 8 to cover Read, Nasi Manu would do a FAR better job at 8. He must be giving Retallick a rest to have Romano in there. Glad to see Gear get a chance ahead of Guildford, fancy rewarding that beer guzzler over a player who turned down huge overseas money for a chance. A good team nonetheless. Looking forward to the game.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
A rather inexperienced side overall. McCaw at 8 is no good, why not bring in an actual 8 to cover Read, Nasi Manu would do a FAR better job at 8. He must be giving Retallick a rest to have Romano in there. Glad to see Gear get a chance ahead of Guildford, fancy rewarding that beer guzzler over a player who turned down huge overseas money for a chance. A good team nonetheless. Looking forward to the game.

I was wondering the same thing. Manu has been excellent for the past few seasons now, surely he would be banging down the door?

Having Cruden at 1st five might help with Sonny Bills game. Although he has been solid in the first couple of tests, the Irish have really shut him down well. Having Cruden inside of him provides a familiar combination.

Good to see Gear get a run. He is more of a wrecking ball than Savea. Ben Smith provides balance, and is able to act as a second fullback. It's a shame Ellison didn't get a start, but I imagine that it would be pretty hard to displace the best outside centre in world rugby, only to find out that you have to mark O'Driscoll.

If the Irish can keep the same intensity that they brought to the 2nd game, then this will be a brilliant contest.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Yes Ferris and Heaslip would have a field day with that back row. Sadly it's the NZ midfield who'll be rubbing their hands with glee when they read our team sheet. The most uninspiring Ireland line-up I've seen in a long time. Paddy Wallace? He makes Quade Cooper look like Johnny Wilkinson on defence.

Ireland: R Kearney; F McFadden, F O'Driscoll (capt), P Wallace, K Earls; J Sexton, C Murray; C Healy, R Best, M Ross, D Tuohy, D Ryan, K McLaughlin, S O'Brien.
Replacements: S Cronin, D Fitzpatrick, D O'Callaghan, C Henry, E Reddan, R O'Gara, A Trimble.

Also the F O'Driscoll is all on the BBC not me.

It's a very light weight Ireland team and I'm worried that the ABs won't have to work too hard for their points on Saturday as they are a few players they'll target for the big runners to go through and over.

I wonder if it's possible to put a bet on Paddy Wallace wearing a bandage to cover a cut to his head by the end of the game?

Why look to the past when there are so many good young Irish centres who weren't even picked for the tour and some of those have been keeping Wallace out of the Ulster team.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
McCaw has been pretty average when playing at 6 for the Crusaders and I don't think he is dynamic enough to play 8, even though it is just cover for Read. All of a sudden the ABs back row seems to be really lacking in depth.

Vito, once back from injury, is now a top class player in my opinion.
Maybe Brad Shields in a year.

J

Jiggles

Vito has been getting through a ton of work lately. Give him a year in black and he will probably have the impact of Kaino. Thats mighty depressing from a Australian fan point of view.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Dai, I think Savea' s defence is ok, as I said earlier Shag Hansen made it pretty clear before series began he would play all of the squad. I am surprised that Ferris and Heaslip would have had a field day with this loose forward combo, while certainly not ABs best, I can't remember seeing Ferris and Heaslip ever being that much of a dominating force, although I do admit to noy having seen them play all that many games.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Savea has no defence thats why he was droped, Ireland would bomb him all day.

Careful what you wish for. Bloody Jonah Lomu burst on the scene with a hiss and roar back in the olden days and was phenominal in his first test. The Froggies worked him out and exposed some defensive and positional weaknesses in his second test. He spent some time in the wilderness after that for a season or so while he matured, and learned how to play wing against men not schoolboys. The rest is as they say legend. Do we wish another Lomu? yes we do, but playing in Gold not bloody black.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
Savea's defence and safety are under the high ball are adequate, not bad. I think he needs another year to improve his game.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Dai, I think Savea' s defence is ok, as I said earlier Shag Hansen made it pretty clear before series began he would play all of the squad. I am surprised that Ferris and Heaslip would have had a field day with this loose forward combo, while certainly not ABs best, I can't remember seeing Ferris and Heaslip ever being that much of a dominating force, although I do admit to noy having seen them play all that many games.
Heaslip fair enough but Ferris, even with only one working knee is the most destructive back row forward in the NH, ask Will Genia about him. The man is a fecking wrecking ball, God only knows how good he would be if he had not been ruined playing for the fucking Lions, the man cannot even train properly anymore.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Yes Ferris and Heaslip would have a field day with that back row. Sadly it's the NZ midfield who'll be rubbing their hands with glee when they read our team sheet. The most uninspiring Ireland line-up I've seen in a long time. Paddy Wallace? He makes Quade Cooper look like Johnny Wilkinson on defence.

Ireland: R Kearney; F McFadden, F O'Driscoll (capt), P Wallace, K Earls; J Sexton, C Murray; C Healy, R Best, M Ross, D Tuohy, D Ryan, K McLaughlin, S O'Brien.
Replacements: S Cronin, D Fitzpatrick, D O'Callaghan, C Henry, E Reddan, R O'Gara, A Trimble.

Also the F O'Driscoll is all on the BBC not me.

It's a very light weight Ireland team and I'm worried that the ABs won't have to work too hard for their points on Saturday as they are a few players they'll target for the big runners to go through and over.

I wonder if it's possible to put a bet on Paddy Wallace wearing a bandage to cover a cut to his head by the end of the game?

Why look to the past when there are so many good young Irish centres who weren't even picked for the tour and some of those have been keeping Wallace out of the Ulster team.
Not entirely sure I agree with you on Wallace who has actually been in good form for Ulster but I would rather have seen the first test midfield myself which really didn't go too badly.

Your team misses out Peter O'Mahony who is down to play 8, will be interesting to see how we go although I don't hold out any hope of a win with Clouseau in charge; I predict our dominant scrum will be blown off the pitch by L'idiot and SOB will be yellow carded. Ridiculous that a ref can render a game a non event before it even starts but we know that we have not got a chance with Poite in charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.