• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

New Zealand vs Ireland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Head coach of any other Tier 1 nation would be sacked before they got on the plane after that display. But I expect Deccie to survive at least another 6Ns.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
All Blacks were excellent tonight and if I were a NZ fan I wouldn't be worried about the future when Richie & Co hang up their boots.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Cruden? Dagg? Messum? Rettalick, Sir Richie?
Rettalick only came on in the 2nd half as a reserve.

McCaw worthy of a honorable mention at least.

The bookies must be getting a mauling, they closed the market early what with all the punters picking ABs with minus handicaps in live betting.

Apologies. I meant Ramono not Rettalick. Knew it started with "R" and that he was in the engine room.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Correct, but the little Darknessess have won the previous 4. Therein lies the problem for the rest of the rugby world.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Head coach of any other Tier 1 nation would be sacked before they got on the plane after that display. But I expect Deccie to survive at least another 6Ns.
Robbie Dens has put on multiple results similar to that and survived and even managed to be acclaimed here and there. Declan should just have a talk to him about faking his way through.

That said I think the Irish played very well in the first two tests. In the first 5 minutes you could see the intensity and desire just weren't there tonight for the Irish (and I posted at half time that it appeared that was nothing in the Irish tank left for this game) and the ABs also stepped up the execution. Those two factors tonight led to a major humiliation.

A comment was also made last week that after the ABs bare win last week many fans and commentators were very critical of the performance. This week we see a major improvement. Coincidence, I think not, the ABs never put to average performances on back to back.

Contrast with the Wallabies where those of us who genuinely critique the performance are howled down as naysayers and negative people and we see a similar performance in terms of skill execution from them. Lack of critique is a disease in Australian Rugby. Just have a look at the comments tonight for proof.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Spud Bashers 69% possession Darkness 31% possession

32 minutes gone

Spud Bashers 0 Darkness 26 .

Sheesh. What is the score going to be if the Darkness get their hands on the ball?

Full Time: Ireland 58% possession, NZRT 42% possession. Score: Ireland 0, NZRT 60. Lucky The Darkness only got another 11% possession from the 32 minute mark onward.

Since1961

Herbert Moran (7)
The problem with arvo rugby in Sydney is what the hell to watch now (until S15 returns) ...... if the cricket starts at 11:30, what Sydney time is that?

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Full Time: Ireland 58% possession, NZRT 42% possession. Score: Ireland 0, NZRT 60. Lucky The Darkness only got another 11% possession from the 32 minute mark onward.

Makes a mockery of the rubbish the Oz commentators trot out about the Wallabies not getting enough ball to make the play.

AnthemX1

Stan Wickham (3)
The All Blacks turned up to score tries tonight. Australia turned up to kick penalty goals. Australia should opt out of tri-nations and join 6 nations. The AB's looked frightening tonight. Notice when the AB's backline throw passes they go straight to the man and their backline doesn't loose momentum. Maybe Quade and Beale should have a good hard look, even the backs for the under 10 Whites at GPS can throw passes to the man.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
SBW for me.

ABs played beautiful rugby in the first 20. Ireland had no answer for Cruden and SBW.

Magic game, feel for BOD.

Ath.

J

John Coffee

yeah but people are forgetting that the newbies opened against demoralised opposition. That almost always makes things look better. The Wallabies and the Springbok always lift in a game against the AB's, thats the true measure of a newbies stamina. There will be some cycling and re-cycling of talent as we have seen in the professional era, that have produced more black jersey one-hit wonders for contracts in Europe or Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.