• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Melbourne Rebels Players - where are they going?

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
I'm very pleased, between his durability, consistency and overall skillset he's going to take a lot of pressure off Zander and the younger tightheads in a way that Sordoni and Pierreto never managed to.

With this news plus Kailea signing for the Tahs, Pone looks to be the last man standing.

SouthernX

John Thornett (49)
Does anyone follow Currie Cup and know if Cabous Elof might of landed in that comp?

my mail was he was due to move back to Africa (Namibia) but unsure if it’s related to rugby.

seems weird not to have heard anything about Elof, great prop prospect but was behind a ridiculous front row depth at the rebels.

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
His last two years weren't amazing but 2020-2022 showed tonnes of promise, I'd be surprised to not see him get a decent deal somewhere at 26, he's still got plenty of time left in his career.

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Has LeBron Naea popped up with anyone yet? He put in a great performance for Wests in their semi-final win this weekend:

I had thought Ripley might be the young centre to chase from that Rebels squad, but he has been quiet this past year Naea is putting on a show at the right time. Might have to wait to see how Ripley goes for Hawke's Bay (and whether or not Naea has anytime left on his contract), but I definitely wouldn't mind seeing the Reds pick one of them up, particularly if Petaia is gone.

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
Yeah Lebron was good yesterday. With his frame he clearly brings something in the midfield that is hard to find in Australia. He’s worth involving in the Red program to see what professionalism could get out of him.