• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Melbourne Rebels 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
rebels have apparently drawn the tahs for their first game, playing for the weary dunlop cup with their second against the brumbies, whilst NSW plays the reds

James Buchanan

Trevor Allan (34)
rebels have apparently drawn the tahs for their first game, playing for the weary dunlop cup with their second against the brumbies, whilst NSW plays the reds

Your statement reads as if the Weary Dunlop cup will be against the Brumbies but is a little uncertain. I'm a little thrown off by the punctuation. Is my interpretation correct?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I don't think it is the final draw, just a draft, so I don't think it will be fully on line yet.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
Your statement reads as if the Weary Dunlop cup will be against the Brumbies but is a little uncertain. I'm a little thrown off by the punctuation. Is my interpretation correct?

my apoligies, the weary dunlop cup will apparently be played for between NSW and the rebels in their first game, according to the proposed draw. Their second will be against the brumbies, whilst NSW plays against the reds.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
It looks like he's coming though we should probably wait until the Rebels announce it.

What the article says basically is:

As fans feared: Luke Rooney, an important part of the Toulon XV is leaving and joining the Melbourne Rebels.

Rooney, who had dual Australian and England nationality had signed for English club Worcester next season but they were relegated to 2nd division which enabled Rooney to terminate his contract.

Toulon coach Aubin Hueber said: "It's a shame, because he was essential and valuable to the squad."

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I thought that Rooney was interested in playing for England. Looks like he just wanted some international rugby, then. Bit surprised at this signing as surely Rooney would've had a lot higher earning potential in Toulon?

Cyril Towers (30)
It is really necessary to find a hooker coz Adam Freier is not really reliable. Maybe the guy is helpful to talk to the players but he's too often injured to be considered as a regular player.

My mail is that both Ben Roberts (SUFC and Junior tahs this year although not contracted by tahs) and Luke Holmes (ex Force and junior tahs) are both being courted by the Rebels. I think both would do a pretty good job too.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Yeah Ben is in the Tahs amateur academy and was ostensibly in line for a pro academy spot as Fitzpartick has a Super contract now. Luke Holmes was in the Tahs wider training group. As all Oz Super teams have to employ 3 rookies every year, Roberts could be one of the quota. Holmes is a good enough club player for my team, the Rats, but he didn't exactly set the Super14 on fire for the Force when he got a chance, did he?

Let's have a look at Roberts. Bruce speaks highly of him and he looked handy for the JWs - Roberts, not Bruce.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
And in real Rebels news .............................

CURVY Kelly Brook is to go naked for legendary men's mag Playboy.

The 34E Brit model and actress will pocket $500,000 - £340,000 - when she strips for "arty" pictures later this month.

Kelly, 30, will be photographed by an A-list snapper on a two-day shoot in the Mediterranean.

A source told The Sun: "This is a huge opportunity for Kelly who is without doubt one of the world's most beautiful women.

"Playboy is an iconic publication which is known across the world as a sophisticated title. Kelly can't wait as they are promising a very arty shoot.

"It's a real honour to be asked to do Playboy as obviously they are very picky about who they want.

"And by the same token it's a real coup for Playboy as there probably isn't a red-blooded male who won't be looking forward to the pictures."

Kelly - dating rugby star Danny Cipriani, 22 - will appear in the US-based mag in September or October. It was set up in 1953 by Hugh Hefner, now 84, and featured Marilyn Monroe on the cover.

Since then stars going nude for it have included actresses Pamela Anderson, Drew Barrymore and Kim Basinger, singers Belinda Carlisle and Dannii Minogue as well as former Page 3 girl Sam Fox.

Kelly has already peeled off for new horror movie Piranha 3D - in which nubile women are attacked by monstrous deadly fish.

I

intheknow

Think they can do better than Luke holmes, like Lee Said, not bad at club, didnt really do much at his time at the force. Also, he is 27-28 now, they should go for someone younger.

Cyril Towers (30)
Hey, I'd go with Benny Roberts every time (just get the throws straight Benny!). I was just trying to avoid gross exhibitions of Uni player bias.

Lindommer

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Word I heard at the Pirate ship today is Rodzilla is about to sign with the Rebels. He didn't play for West Harbour as he's back in France tidying up his personal affairs and possessions in readiness for his move back to Oz.

T

TOCC

Blake has signed with the Rebels, like Lindommer said he is overseas at the moment tidying up loose ends, but he has told his friends in Bayonne that he has signed with Melbourne, also he left his pregnant fiance in Australia whilst he went back over

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
So what's the truth? Was the Bourgoin thing just a smokescreen, or some fucktard manager talking shite again?

Status
Not open for further replies.