• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Lions vs Reds Rd 6 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

whatty

Bob Loudon (25)
I rest my case. Wonder if the reds have ever lost and not blamed the ref. so sad but becoming far more typical.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Geez, I missed the game, have to watch it to see if anyone is going a little over the top about the ref. Not like Reds supporters to do that so will be interesting:D

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
So, red's fans, who played well, who played ok, who played poorly?

The lions 16th player Stuart Berry had a cracker,

Cooper played well, until berry realised that his beloved Lions were not going to win so he took it on himself to match fix the game so the they could win.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
I rest my case. Wonder if the reds have ever lost and not blamed the ref. so sad but becoming far more typical.

Don't read this forum much Im assuming with that post. ;)

Nice thought though, Get the reds fans while there down, worked well last night
For the players.

Don't start with disgruntle frustrated reds fans, that pissed of with players, performance and a pathetic ref that turn what could have been a good game into rubbish.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
I thought some of the decisions in this game where so blatant that I don't blame anybody for thinking this performance was corrupt.

I thought the same about George Clancy in the Wallabies England test last year.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Have read of few neutral rugby sites and articles and it's seem berry should have some explaining to do for SANZAR, Doug it though.

Edit, fucked up big time. I blame berry

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Just watched the game. The refereeing performance was clearly farcical and you'd expect that Berry is one of the referees squad about to be dropped.

What was clear to me though is that the Reds are infringing on a great percentage of defensive rucks particularly when in their 22.

They've certainly earned a reputation already this season as a team that gives away a lot of penalties. I feel that unless they change things fairly dramatically they are going to get reffed off the park in most close games.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
I thought we play the stormers next week?
Have read of few neutral rugby sites and articles and it's seem berry should have some explaining to do for SANZAR, Doug it though.

I'm going to let the ref thing go and look more into the reds performance which still was below par with the basics.
Force next week and there pumped so I'm still nervous and with RG at the helm will be interested on how the reds bounce back. Force are the Boggy team and played well last night.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Sorry we do, fuck up there. Even started the new red v stormer thread after I posted that. Im all over it today and I've had no rum

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
For the Reds Cooper was excellent and provided pretty much everything the team created in attack. Genia had a strong game and was much closer to what I expect of him. Could still run the ball a bit more.

Horwill was by far the best Reds forward. Hanson was good when he came on but then was silly to infringe at the breakdown. It almost seems like the enthusiastic replacement is the guy most likely to get yellow carded when coming on for a team under a bit of pressure.

I thought Tapuai had a really promising start to the game but then faded out as the game went on.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)

Hey whatty, how about that quarter final where Pocock legitimately owned your entire team? Great game; one of my favourites!

My favourite thing about it was the cracker of a game Bryce Lawrence had. Shame your fellow South Africans sent him death threats. Ruined his career. So sad from your fellow South Africans, but can you tell me if it's becoming more typical?

Good luck to your Stormers next week.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
At the end of the day the less said about this game may be better.

When Nick Mallet says the Reds were ripped off by a SA team, you just need to move on and hope Lyndon Bray deals with it correctly.

http://www.sarugbymag.co.za/blog/details/reds-have-reason-to-feel-aggrieved

There will be lots of questions asked about hometown SA ref performances to date. Surely Halon's razor applies, but SANZAR must think seriously about going back to the days of neutral refs.

As for the Reds, it's all uphill from here. Finals are probably out of the question now.

whatty

Bob Loudon (25)
Hey whatty, how about that quarter final where Pocock legitimately owned your entire team? Great game; one of my favourites!

My favourite thing about it was the cracker of a game Bryce Lawrence had. Shame your fellow South Africans sent him death threats. Ruined his career. So sad from your fellow South Africans, but can you tell me if it's becoming more typical?

Good luck to your Stormers next week.
Not me mate I don't live in a glass house and I never throw stones at the ref. never do it makes you look like a dumb sore looser and a dick most of the time. Sure bad decisions happen but they normally balance out but to blame the ref as been totally and purposely bias is just plain stupid.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Not me mate I don't live in a glass house and I never throw stones at the ref. never do it makes you look like a dumb sore looser and a dick most of the time. Sure bad decisions happen but they normally balance out but to blame the ref as been totally and purposely bias is just plain stupid.

Generally I'd say that Hanlon's razor applies, but given the recent spate of refereeing controversies involving SA teams with SA refs in SA again foreign opposition, you'd think that there is a reasonable explanation.

I actually think that the incompetence of SA refs is a fair excuse, as is the incompetence of awarding them games after screwing up the previous weeks at the cost of the travelling side.

If you don't think that Aus and NZ fans have a right to feel aggrieved about those state of events, though, then I completely disagree.

whatty

Bob Loudon (25)
Aggrieved sure, been plenty this season across the board.

It would appear the refs have been given some instructions around some rule tightening that has obviously not been totally made clear to everyone such as scrum feeds.

Maybe you need to spend the afternoon showing these obvious bias calls via a youtube clip so you can send it to the anti corruption authorities?

That is if what you are saying is that the SA refs are defiantly on the take?
Incompetence goes both ways it happens my gripe is that you are saying the SA refs blatantly cheat?

Sluggy

Ward Prentice (10)
Nick Mallet:

'[Referee] Stuart Berry spent his entire second half looking only at the Reds. I have to agree with Naas [Botha], who has just said that the Lions haven’t always got the referee decisions in the past but they got it all in one game today. The Reds have every reason to feel aggrieved.

'My feeling was that Berry was very flustered in the end and that he was only looking at the Reds errors. He penalised the Reds with four minutes to go at scrum, which was never a penalty. He then allowed a skew lineout throw with two minutes to go and gave a try when the grounding was inconclusive.

'It was a shocking performance.'

Status
Not open for further replies.