• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Lions vs Reds Rd 6 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

redveincheese

Billy Sheehan (19)
Well that stat alone isn't going to tell you anything. I have seen lob sided penalty counts in lots of games, most of which one team was persistently infringing and playing with fire at the ruck.

I didn't say he didn't have a bad game, I'm saying he'd be an idiot to try and rig a game by giving away 2 yellows in the last 10 minutes. A point that seems lost on a few here. All I'm saying is that people should think for an extra second before proclaiming some grand conspiracy is at hand.
Not sure if anyone has suggested he rigged the game. I believe the main argument is that he refereed only one side, which may be supported by some statistical and visual evidence.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Well that stat alone isn't going to tell you anything. I have seen lob sided penalty counts in lots of games, most of which one team was persistently infringing and playing with fire at the ruck.

I didn't say he didn't have a bad game, I'm saying he'd be an idiot to try and rig a game by giving away 2 yellows in the last 10 minutes. A point that seems lost on a few here. All I'm saying is that people should think for an extra second before proclaiming some grand conspiracy is at hand.

Funny isn't it - it you wheeled out a penalty stat like that attached to the Brumbies people wouldn't even give it a second thought.

End of the day they good bad or otherwise its a simple - adapt or wear the consequence. They were warned and got penalised and eventually carded. Sadly for me I look at the experience on that team (very experienced incumbent Wallabies) and wonder why the hell they let it happen and hope they don't let this crap go on when they play for the Wallabies.

The Lions played like absolute crap and still won scoring tries.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
I wonder if he'd been tapped on the shoulder before the game:)

If I heard right Joubert is running the touch line in the Bulls game, you'd wonder why he wasn't reffing this game.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
This argument has not gone seriously enough.

The Federal Police should be contacted and there should be an investigation into match fixing.

Match fixing is a serious offence and is a criminal act. Maximum penalty under Victorian law is ten years imprisonment. Mr. Berry Should face court over this game.

Get a couple more rums into you mate:cool:

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
This argument has not gone seriously enough.

The Federal Police should be contacted and there should be an investigation into match fixing.

Match fixing is a serious offence and is a criminal act. Maximum penalty under Victorian law is ten years imprisonment. Mr. Berry Should face court over this game.

Are you kidding me! That's a bit over the top especially considering as I got a bargain deal with Berry as he is thinking he might be in the dole queue next week!

I confess - I only did so i could see the Force above the Reds on the table! Don't ask what I had to do to get the Chiefs to play their part!

redveincheese

Billy Sheehan (19)
The Reds just couldn't seem to shut the lions out. Why did they persist to kick the ball away in attack even from good field position?, even a kick from Cooper to the wing when they were only 15 from their try line. That was pure insanity.
They needed to, and could have scored another two tries if they backed themselves and played with ball in hand. Yes, the officiating was sad, but the boys seemed to take the wrong options in the second half and they paid a heavy price.

T

tranquility

He lost a bit of control and his scrums were not set properly (so he might get a bad rating). Other than that he did a good job. Red's just aren't used to a ref actually sticking to his word. And if you watch the game you will notice the Lions actually responding to the ref, while the Reds just ignore every word (ie: Shatz).

The first yellow was probably the main decision that will go against him. That could have been play on I think. So yeah, he's not in the top few this round and might have to work his way up to a top 6 game again.

If this is your honest opinion, you must be the most miserable bloke in the world.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Bill Pulver should be holding an EMERGENCY meeting with Lyndon Bray tomorrow morning at 7am EAST. He must DEMAND, with repurcussions that the ARU will immediately pull out of this years Super Rugby, that Berry immediately be fired from all future professional refereeing appointments and then let the Australian Federal Police takeover

Maybe you can tell Lyndon yourself Harry. Just google "Lyndon Bray Sanzar" and about the 3rd or 4th result brings up his LinkedIn profile.

Maybe wait until after you've slept off the rage though.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
The Reds just couldn't seem to shut the lions out. Why did they persist to kick the ball away in attack even from good field position?, even a kick from Cooper to the wing when they were only 15 from their try line. That was pure insanity.
They needed to, and could have scored another two tries if they backed themselves and played with ball in hand. Yes, the officiating was sad, but the boys seemed to take the wrong options in the second half and they paid a heavy price.

Watching them its almost like they cant find the right game plan and cant break old habits that used to work but are now past their best before date. They have sufficient talent but its like there are several conflicting ideas on how the execute certain aspects and what outcomes they are trying to or want to achieve. Reminds me somewhat of what the Brumbies issues of the past - right ingredients wrong mix.

Time to get some new recipes and ingredients?

redveincheese

Billy Sheehan (19)
Watching them its almost like they cant find the right game plan and cant break old habits that used to work but are now past their best before date. They have sufficient talent but its like there are several conflicting ideas on how the execute certain aspects and what outcomes they are trying to or want to achieve. Reminds me somewhat of what the Brumbies issues of the past - right ingredients wrong mix.

Time to get some new recipes and ingredients?
I think their tactics were just wrong. They seemed to be playing a to plan to keep the lions in the own half at all costs, and only changed after the Lions went ahead on the scoreboard. They didn't think on their feet.When the penalties started to flow and scores grew closer they should have had the nous to go to to the line harder when they still had 15 players on the park. Of course hindsight is a wonderful thing, but that last 10 minutes of the first half was a preview of what was to come, and unfortunately what was to come is becoming somewhat predictable. Stevie Wonder could have seen that they were going to need more points in the second half.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Fuck me!!!!!!!

I know the ref was fucked, but at least the reds have kept there penalty average of over 12 per game. ;)

Let see how the Aus teams go in SA.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Gee, I'm glad I slept through the game.

Sounds like I would be out shopping for a new tv this morning by virtue of a remote being thrown through the current one.

So, red's fans, who played well, who played ok, who played poorly?

Status
Not open for further replies.