• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Kurtley Beale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
For those of us who have been away, can you kindly explain ths whole 'Stephen Moore Situation'? - understand it also affects that Brumbies forward who FINALLY made the Wallabies team last year - and then retired at the end of the tour due to problems 'in-house' (name escapes me, just now).

You might want to elaborate on that riddle.........

Hell West & Crooked

Alex Ross (28)
It would have to be a truly dire situation for Link to be binned as Wallaby coach between now and the RWC. If things are that bad then we might as well not participate or completely clean out the playing group and pick the U/20's boys or something.

I myself, am already at the point where I would prefer to see an Australian Under-23 team do the End of Year Tour - and tell the Mendoza Boys to sit by the Phone - we will call you in 2015 if some of these lads need more time...

Honestly, and completely Fed-Up with about 12 of the current squad - and unconvinced by about half the Bench.

Someone aid it earlier - an incredible sense of Entitlement Syndrome in this Camp - it has been there ever since Eales (and most of his Squad) Departed.

Hell West & Crooked

Alex Ross (28)
he didn't retire he was not offered a wallabies top up contract and needed to look after his family so he is off.
Interestingly enough I'd venture the team looked better under him.

Okay - Not a retirement - just playing in France - but I understand he came home from the Tour with virtually a mutiny being rumoured, and since when do 'New' Wallaby Captains not get their contracts renewed?

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Okay - Not a retirement - just playing in France - but I understand he came home from the Tour with virtually a mutiny being rumoured, and since when do 'New' Wallaby Captains not get their contracts renewed?

he didn't have a contract to be renewed, ARU policy is no top ups until after 2 years, unless you are Folau/Hunt. He certainly wasn't forced out if that's what your suggesting.

Hell West & Crooked

Alex Ross (28)
Not Suggesting, Asking... I was away from Union Coverage of any kind, and only saw threads of that team coming back with a 'split' in the ranks, and Moore and Mowen both being involved - even if unfairly critcised...

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
I myself, am already at the point where I would prefer to see an Australian Under-23 team do the End of Year Tour - and tell the Mendoza Boys to sit by the Phone - we will call you in 2015 if some of these lads need more time.

Honestly, and completely Fed-Up with about 12 of the current squad - and unconvinced by about half the Bench.

Someone aid it earlier - an incredible sense of Entitlement Syndrome in this Camp - it has been there ever since Eales (and most of his Squad) Departed.
Phuck you might wanna go watch the league kangaroo.. Losing is part of sport.. We pick our best team we have and try and win..

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
he didn't have a contract to be renewed, ARU policy is no top ups until after 2 years, unless you are Folau/Hunt. He certainly wasn't forced out if that's what your suggesting.
It's a policy not a hard and fast rule.
It's a funny policy that allows for an ARU to pup to an untested Mungo,but not for the current captain.
It is unusual for a player with less than 2 years in the squad to be made captain.
The fact that he was subsequently replaced by Hooper speaks volumes for the lack of leadership qualities in our more senior wallabies.

T

Train Without a Station

It's a policy not a hard and fast rule.
It's a funny policy that allows for an ARU to pup to an untested Mungo,but not for the current captain.
It is unusual for a player with less than 2 years in the squad to be made captain.
The fact that he was subsequently replaced by Hooper speaks volumes for the lack of leadership qualities in our more senior wallabies.

The fact that the 3 other capped number 8s were injured enabling him to be a starter speaks volumes for where he was in the pecking order of players though.

No great captains have never been a first choice player at some point. You can have the best leadership in the world, but if you are constantly inferior to your opposite, you will just be letting the team down in other ways.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
The fact that the 3 other capped number 8s were injured enabling him to be a starter speaks volumes for where he was in the pecking order of players though.

No great captains have never been a first choice player at some point. You can have the best leadership in the world, but if you are constantly inferior to your opposite, you will just be letting the team down in other ways.

Eh? Didn't Mowen come into the starting side at blindside for the Lions series?

Then in the RC played both no8 and blindside.

T

Train Without a Station

Yes. And at the end of the year Fardy was our first choice 6 and Mowen was at 8 filling a void for us.

The year prior he'd been overlooked for Dennis in what was a marginal decision either way.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
So it really wasn't an injury to a no8 that enabled Mowen to get a start. He was seen as the first choice blindside and the LO man. There's no doubting in my mind at least that after excellent super seasons in 12 and 13 Mowen was the best loose forward in OZ heading into the Lions series.

Out of curiosity who was the number 8 that started the Lions series? Palu?

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Jesus Christ, Fardy got his shot because Mowen had to move to 8 to cover the others, he was a fantastic captain and lineout operator. He would be our 8 now before Higgers and McCalmen based on his form, Palu maybe not.

But he had no rift with Moore or with the players, and if he did, fuck them he is exactly what you want in a captain and a player off the field. Do the shitters, put your shirt/shorts on doing these little things was Mowens biggest asset.

It's the 1 percenters we are missing right now... actually what happened with Kurtley was a 1 percenter, it's not worth much, but its worth falling from 3rd to 4th in the world ranking.

Anyone giving Mowen any shit for the job he did or his game, is a tosser. Maybe he wasn't the best 8 or 6 out there. He might lose his spot that way. But no one can argue he didn't hold him self and the team to the highest standard and he would never ask someone to do something he wouldn't.

Plus his the best ref manager I've seen in a long time. Australian rugby is poorer for his lose.

P.S I can understand the ARU not giving the top up for 2 years, as a player his in a pack of guys just as good as him or better, as a leader .. maybe not ..

T

TOCC

Mowen unlike others, wasn't there long enough for people to begin questioning his captaincy.

T

Train Without a Station

Fuck. If I was a professional rugby player I'd hope I wasn't picked for the Wallabies. Your legend only grows on these forums if you aren't playing. I've heard some pearlers lately:

• Pocock is never cleaned out of the ruck;
  • Pocock would be the best Wallabies captain;
  • Mowen would be picked over McCalman and Higginbotham for certain - We lack a running impact from our 8. Mowen would ever less than both of these players;
  • Mowen's leadership was never questioned - for reference TOCC I'm pretty sure it was heavily questioned after the loss to England and the Dublin incident;
  • Mowen was the Wallabies first choice blindside - In fact since Elsom, Fardy is the only Wallaby to spend a full year at 6 (barring injury). Dennis got a few tests and Mowen didn't make the squad in 2012. Mowen got the start over Dennis in 2013 and his physicality was heavily questioned during the Rugby Championship after being a good performer against the Lions;
  • Nathan Sharpe was one of the top 3 locks in the world;
  • Stephen Larkham never made the type of errors Quade Cooper makes (I actually watched a 1999 Bledisloe Cup game and saw him make passes to nobody, fall off tackles and may have even thrown an intercept for what it's worth.
Playing would only serve to disprove these rumors and harm the players reputations.
Oh and now I just read a article title saying John Connolly believes Matt Giteau should be Wallabies captain. Can't see that working out badly at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.