• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Kurtley Beale

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Train Without a Station

this is sounding like it's going to go a lot deeper than KB (Kurtley Beale) being made a scapegoat..Link is more expendable than half a dozen senior players who potentially may choose to side with KB (Kurtley Beale)..I wonder if Cheika has had a 'just seeing how things are' phone call from the Pulveriser yet..

And then when Cheika comes in, the QLD group of players don't like it and know that player power outweighs a coach?

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
What happens if Link has lost the playing group, then a new coach comes in, and then doesn't work out either? Then you're left with a bunch of players who have too much power and sway.

ARU needs to strongly back Link. Ultimately there cannot be a change prior to the World Cup and they cannot afford to pay him out. Back him until his contract is out and re-assess then.

Players may cause trouble/not perform, etc. if they think they can ride a coach's tenure out. No player can afford not to knuckle down across 2 seasons though as they will likely be out of contract in one of them.

all good points but if there is already disharmony in the player group along with lack of trust and respect in the coach then that goes a long way to explaining why we aren't gelling on the field, and that won't change unless the situation does.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
It would have to be a truly dire situation for Link to be binned as Wallaby coach between now and the RWC. If things are that bad then we might as well not participate or completely clean out the playing group and pick the U/20's boys or something.

T

Train Without a Station

all good points but if there is already disharmony in the player group along with lack of trust and respect in the coach then that goes a long way to explaining why we aren't gelling on the field, and that won't change unless the situation does.

If players know that the coach is the boss, either put up or shut up and move along, I'd imagine harmony would be achieved.

Based on his time at the Reds, Link doesn't run the show like a complete dictator and make everybody hate the environment.

That makes me think players disharmony is coming from them not getting their own way.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Probably true TWAS.

Regardless of any of that I fail to see how scapegoating Beale will solve anything..seems that sending Ms P home was a way of temporarily defusing the situation and seems a better permanent solution too..

T

Train Without a Station

I'm not really commenting on Beale Kob. If he has "intimidated" Ms Patson, then keeping him around because the senior players think he's a good bloke will do irreparable damage to team culture though.

But it all depends on what actually happened.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
I'm not really commenting on Beale Kob. If he has "intimidated" Ms Patson, then keeping him around because the senior players think he's a good bloke will do irreparable damage to team culture though.

But it all depends on what actually happened.

if he has physically/mentally intimidated her that is a different story and he'll get whatever he deserves..but the inference being made is that he is to be made a scapegoat, which implies he didn't do anything particularly wrong..

T

Train Without a Station

Not necessarily. Some may feel the punishment is harsher than it deserves. There may be more Beale skeletons we don't know about, or like us they may not be impartial and think they're mate shouldn't be dealt with too severely.

Link was happy to stand by Quade at the Reds, and couldn't wait to pick Beale this year. He hasn't shown form for just hanging players out to dry for no reason. If anything he has shown the latter.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
anyway, sounds like it could get pretty deep..will sit back and watch this one, it's all we can do..

T

Train Without a Station

anyway, sounds like it could get pretty deep..will sit back and watch this one, it's all we can do..

Until the full story comes out this is all just an uninformed witch hunt.

Now where did I leave my pitchfork!

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
OK I get it now..she will be leaving the employ of the ARU and it will be made out that KB (Kurtley Beale) was the reason for that..likely because they don't intend to offer him a contract anyway.

I still hope he doesn't defect to loig though

Status
Not open for further replies.