• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Karmichael Hunt Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
I'll be sending my membership cards back if they let him play.

If the Reds have lifted their standards and discipline they'll let K run around in clubland. The trial tonight was great from what I saw, they should build on the many good things they showed tonight and they will suprise a few teams this year.

And they dropped Quade and Pickle because they were not the right fit for what they were wanting in the club.

Sent from my SM-J710GN using Tapatalk

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
I'll be sending my membership cards back if they let him play.

If the Reds have lifted their standards and discipline they'll let K run around in clubland. The trial tonight was great from what I saw, they should build on the many good things they showed tonight and they will suprise a few teams this year.

And they dropped Quade and Pickle because they were not the right fit for what they were wanting in the club.

Are you happy for George Smith to be playing?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
To be honest, not really, as I understand he got a fine for not showing up to training because he was in the tank in Japan, it was pretty disrespectful he never got a message to the Reds.

They are making some tough decisions at the Reds and it has filled me with a little hope that I'll go to games this year and see a team really put in, not quit on eachother in the tough moments or in the last 5 minutes.

If they have set a standard then stick with it. I am probably premature and melodramatic in saying this stuff anyway as K is still stood aside he still has allegations to answer so it will be weeks before the Reds make any statement.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Cocaine possession charge dropped. Two charges remain. What might this mean going forward?

Among other things it means that the state is of the belief that it is unable to prove beyond reasonable doubt that he was in possession of cocaine.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Don't have any personal issues (although Lil' Karmichael Pump abusing Xanax is a bit amusing to me - grow up, man) with him coming back to play but surely at this point he's an enormous liability to be popped again at some point in the future.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Didn't someone say he was at the game tonight? By all means send your memberships back. Glass houses etc.....

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
How is Xanax (anti-anxiety drug) more sinister than coke?

Abusing Xanax has more recently been in-vogue with the rap/hip-hop crowd that a lot of these guys base their own personal lives off of in their own form of emulation. Benzodiazepines are extremely addictive and abusing them can very easily result in death. It's a lot more than just an anti-anxiety pill. Not sure about "more" sinister, but Xanax abuse is no joke.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Whether the bloke is guilty of the offence (that is, necessary to be found guilty in a Court) or not is not the issue for me.

He plead to the first offence some years ago. He was dealt with very lightly by the Reds. He is very highly paid and made the Wallabies (although I thought he did not deserve that as his playing level was sub standard for that level).

He has been a sad fit for the Reds. No-one really is keen to associate with him on a private level ( as they don't want to get caught up in any of his shit).

The bloke has bought the game and the Reds as well as the Wallabies into disrepute.

The integrity of the game and the kids following the game is a lot more important than the short term future of a non deserving player ewho is nearly at the end of his career.

Fuck him off.

tragic

John Solomon (38)
Couldn’t care less whether he did or didn’t.
If charges are dropped then he’s entitled to a presumption of innocence.
For me it boils down to how he fits with the team culture Thorne trying to build.
If he does, then keep him.
If he doesn’t, then use it as an excuse to tell him to f@#k off.

tragic

John Solomon (38)
Abusing Xanax has more recently been in-vogue with the rap/hip-hop crowd that a lot of these guys base their own personal lives off of in their own form of emulation. Benzodiazepines are extremely addictive and abusing them can very easily result in death. It's a lot more than just an anti-anxiety pill. Not sure about "more" sinister, but Xanax abuse is no joke.

It’s just a benzo like Valium but quicker acting and probably more anxiolytic.
Sure it’s addictive if taken regularly but it’s highly unlikely he does - it would affect his performance for a start.
Far more likely he takes it sporadically for its sedative/ anti anxiety effects when he comes down from a drug binge.
Just adds to the circumstantial evidence (along with his previous conviction) that he likes the occasional snort.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
It staggers me the attitudes that some have in relation to trial by media. And a determination to call guilty even if not supported by court or even police prosecutor.

Not a standard that would be accepted anywhere else in society. At any rate, he still has charges pending.

Let's wait and see.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
It staggers me the attitudes that some have in relation to trial by media. And a determination to call guilty even if not supported by court or even police prosecutor.

Not a standard that would be accepted anywhere else in society. At any rate, he still has charges pending.

Let's wait and see.

#metoo it is the way the world is

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
yes the charge for coke was dropped and you can't have the courts run by public opinion. But as far as everyone is now concerned he is a cocaine user/dealer etc.

He has had the charges dropped over a technicality. I know in all my youth of being an imbecile on the turps i never had bags of coke on the ground next to me when talking to security.

I will be v. interested to how BT handles this. For the sake of the game (and the culture) would be great for him to be playing for Norths. all season, not if that means a legal stoush with QRU though

T

TOCC

If he is found guilty of nothing, then there is no grounds to sack him.

In saying that, where there’s smoke there’s fire, and where there’s a bag of cocaine there’s a drug dealer/user. If it were a one off you could plead exceptional circumstances, but his history would suggest otherwise. Understandably some will have a different opinion on that subject.

It’s an incredibly difficult situation, it’s hard to fathom him waltzing straight back into the team especially when you have guys like Quade banished to club rugby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Couldn’t care less whether he did or didn’t.
If charges are dropped then he’s entitled to a presumption of innocence.
For me it boils down to how he fits with the team culture Thorne trying to build.
If he does, then keep him.
If he doesn’t, then use it as an excuse to tell him to f@#k off.
on what basis has QC (Quade Cooper) been banished to club Rugby?
it's been long time since he's been poorly performed in public.
hard to play Khunt and not QC (Quade Cooper) isn't it?

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Must be an amazing area, to have bags of coke littering the streets for unsuspecting innocent bystanders to get caught standing in close proximity to

Yep Fatprop, but it is the valley, and there are a lot of people around there with the dropsies. Street cleaners only come through once a week so you can see how it happens!!

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
on what basis has QC (Quade Cooper) been banished to club Rugby?
it's been long time since he's been poorly performed in public.
hard to play Khunt and not QC (Quade Cooper) isn't it?

I think it was his performance on the field that got him sent club land; Hunt has put in some decent shifts, so is likely to be forgiven. That is the way it works, not fair, but reality

Status
Not open for further replies.