• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Karmichael Hunt Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
I think a royal commission in to it should have been stood up personally. I believe there is a conspiracy to drag Reds players to the valley against their will, ply them with a substance and then make them act like dickheads.

While your up on your high horse, the Qld Police had an actual inquiry into misconduct and corruption in the like 80's up here. Queensland has upstanding officers who don't deserve to be lumped together, we also have some absolute tossers who can and do abuse the power we entrust them with. That doesn't excuse what Higgers may or may not have done, but there is clearly more to the story than what you make it out to be.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
While your up on your high horse, the Qld Police had an actual inquiry into misconduct and corruption in the like 80's up here. Queensland has upstanding officers who don't deserve to be lumped together, we also have some absolute tossers who can and do abuse the power we entrust them with. That doesn't excuse what Higgers may or may not have done, but there is clearly more to the story than what you make it out to be.

I apologise unreservedly for an offence i have caused. I should not jest nor be flippant in relation to corruption and organised crime linked to Public intoxication, urination or public nuisance / disturbance.

Most of all, I should also apologise for not stating in advance, nor prefacing my posts that I may just be taking the piss on a forum and people should not take it so personally.

It appears it will be a long season with so many already wound so tightly and it only being pre-season.

(PS: there is some accidental irony in you reference the inquiry in the 80's. I have recently been talking to a person I interact with professionally who has returned to work after attempting suicide. One of the "skeletons" relates to the work (and subsequent toll it took) related to the Fitzgerald inquiry).

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
I’m sure it wasn’t Higgers finest hour, but the charges were withdrawn. If we start taking pot shots at every person who made a dick of themselves when they’ve had a few I’d suggest there’ll be a lot of shattered glass houses.

Charges being withdrawn does not mean someone did not commit an offence.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
So he hasn't been found guilty? Has there been any kind of hearing? Anything?

Or are we just relying on newspaper reports?

At this stage he's been found guilty of nothing, but we live in the age of outrage where the media pick and choose who is "really guilty" and thus free to be pilloried from dawn to dusk while other alleged offenders are portrayed as "victims of society" who bear no blame for any offence or crime. Alas, I'm one of those old fashioned folk in the innocent until proven guilty minority (that means everyone is innocent until proven guilty, not just the ones we don't like). As with many things, being in the minority doesn't bother me one little bit. Prima facie, things don't look great for KH, but he's hardly committed the crime of the century (even if found guilty).

half

Dick Tooth (41)
Wonders aloud if he has the courage of Robbie Flower who some years ago was accused of sniffing coke.

No proof, no charges, anywho he was coping it in the press and this was his response in from of opposition fans. His teams mates dragged him up twice but I always admired this action of total defiance and fuck you.

Watch from about 18 seconds. How would we react if Mr Hunt did this after he scored a try. Me I would stand and and cheer.

As I said from about 18 seconds.
As an aside he got into a heap of trouble over his stance.

half

Dick Tooth (41)
you would stand and cheer that?

Horrible.

I'd be trying to explain to my kids. What a dickhead

I would tell my kids this is a free country and when you are innocent you can prove your innocence. If it make you feel any better Flower got into heaps of trouble was almost or was dropped from the national side for a short period. Drugs are bad and you can explain that, but standing up for yourself, even if it brings things to a head can takes courage. We have been quick to stick the knife in. Nothing is proven as yet.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Surely though, it means that legally, evidence of an offence has been actively chased. And failed. I’m with Higgers here.

Actually Dru its about resources and tax payer money.

Higger’s was charged and there would have been grounds for the charge. There is then an assessment process that looks at a combination of factors including likelihood of conviction, time spend preparing evidence/ briefs etc., if the DPP can take on the case knowing they are busy with lots of (real) cases and the potential outcome (what is achieved). Adding the cost and time to take a dickhead to court for being a dickhead while there are real criminals to deal with is a no brainer. Also knowing the court would have said he was a naughty boy (he had a good record) he would have got a slap on the wrist at best. This is a common and necessary approach (sadly) in law enforcement these days.

In Higgers case, the script most likely went like; he was acting like a dick, was charged to control his muppetness. As per the rules that apply to celebrities, prominent people and especially sportsman, you charge the dick with muppetness, and the papers effectively punish them with headlines. You don’t waste police time, tax payers money or the courts time on a drunk over payed dick who was acting like a muppet and will be forever linked to that special night compliments of the press. It’s a better outcome than the police could get via the courts.

Consider this latest issue with K Hunt. His level of guilt or involvement still won’t mitigate that he is again the centre of an investigation involving drugs and there will be implications regardless of the outcome.

dru

David Wilson (68)
@Matt

However the script most likely went, charges dropped. End of.

For me anyway.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
@Matt

However the script most likely went, charges dropped. End of.

For me anyway.

Agreed. He had no priors and it appeared out of character. We all have our poor moments of judgement and I think this was his. I am glad it went no further.

dru

David Wilson (68)
Agreed. He had no priors and it appeared out of character. We all have our poor moments of judgement and I think this was his. I am glad it went no further.

It does though, doesnt it? Threads like this. There is an inherent suggestion that when the police are not good enough and the legal guys are not good enough, well they weren't good enough. So let's pursue the bloke through the media.

OR social media. Whatever. Whatever happened, the bloke can't win on that account, with nothing taken forward.

Seems to me to be not just a small stretch.

emuarse

Chilla Wilson (44)
At this stage he's been found guilty of nothing, but we live in the age of outrage where the media pick and choose who is "really guilty" and thus free to be pilloried from dawn to dusk while other alleged offenders are portrayed as "victims of society" who bear no blame for any offence or crime. Alas, I'm one of those old fashioned folk in the innocent until proven guilty minority (that means everyone is innocent until proven guilty, not just the ones we don't like). As with many things, being in the minority doesn't bother me one little bit. Prima facie, things don't look great for KH, but he's hardly committed the crime of the century (even if found guilty).

I agree with you QH, regarding innocence until proven guilty, though unfortunately too many on this forum are too quick to give an opinion without having the facts. They hopefully are not in the legal system. But if KH is found guilty, then to rugby fans (myself included) he really has gone close to committing the crime of the century.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I agree with you QH, regarding innocence until proven guilty, though unfortunately too many on this forum are too quick to give an opinion without having the facts. They hopefully are not in the legal system. But if KH is found guilty, then to rugby fans (myself included) he really has gone close to committing the crime of the century.

It would depend in the end what precisely he might be found guilty of. He seems at this point to have been charged with possession of a drug. An allegation, if proven, could be considered serious rather than trivial, and for which he should receive the same punishment as anyone else in society. . I don't know if he's guilty, as far as I know he hasn't entered a plea yet, nor has he admitted guilt in public. . I'm not defending him, nor am I condoning the possession of drugs - as always in these matters I simply point out that like everyone else he's entitled to a fair go and that there are far more serious crimes comitted on a regular basis for which the media seem to find excuses for the perpetrators and blame society..

T

TOCC

His lawyers have said they don’t know which way they will plead yet, waiting to see what evidence the police present on the charges...

Cynic in me sees that as an early admittance of guilt in some form.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Charges being withdrawn does not mean someone did not commit an offence.

In a perverse kind of way it does.

A person is judged to have committed an offense if evidence is brought by the state before a judge or jury and they determine an offence to have been committed. Without a judgment you don't have an offence.

We've all heard the saying 'you aren't breaking the law unless you get caught'.

Status
Not open for further replies.