• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Karmichael Hunt Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

Has he been found guilty? I must have missed that news report.

He ‘voluntarily’ stood himself down from training and is now inconsolable... doesn’t sound like someone who is innocent, especially considering his past use of cocaine..

dillyboy

Arch Winning (36)
I believe court is at the end of the month....

From what's in the media he may get off the charges (drugs on ground, other guys phone with the messages).

Whether the Reds want to keep him around if he successfully gets off is the million dollar question (and do we want him). If thorn is serious about improving culture he has to go - we kinda need him though....

T

TOCC

People try and ditch drugs on the ground all the time when the police ping them, it’s not a scenario they are unfamiliar with nor a get out of jail card. If they’ve charged Karmichael for possession and not the other bloke it’s because they’ve seen Karmichael drop them. Only way I see him getting off is if the other bloke decides to admit it was him that dropped them and not Karmichael... perhaps he could be persuaded to help out a mate for a undisclosed figure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Strewthcobber

Simon Poidevin (60)
People try and ditch drugs on the ground all the time when the police ping them, it’s not a scenario they are unfamiliar with nor a get out of jail card. If they’ve charged Karmichael for possession and not the other bloke it’s because they’ve seen Karmichael drop them. Only way I see him getting off is if the other bloke decides to admit it was him that dropped them and not Karmichael. perhaps he could be persuaded to help out a mate for a undisclosed figure

Both of them were charged for possession. (One bag found but two charges).The other guy was also charged for the phone messages.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

T

TOCC

Both of them were charged for possession. (One bag found but two charges).The other guy was also charged for the phone messages.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I don’t believe so, everything I’ve read claimed Karmichael has been charged with two counts of drug possession, the other guy was charged with drug related offences, that being possession of a thing used in drug offences. Believed to be his mobile phone.

dillyboy

Arch Winning (36)
Yep, probably possession with intent to distribute or some such. I don't think he'll be talking his way out of it this time.

Like JOC (James O'Connor) - I've always been a fan of him on the field, it's just a pity that he repeatedly spoils it with his actions off the field

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
preseason at Suncorp...

banner_zpswl9vthhl.jpg

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
if he's dumping pills AND cash does that mean he's potentially dealing?

What does it mean? He was busy trying to make a donation in to the nearest charity bin and fumbled his cash roll while getting it out and his "travel vitamins" fell on a random bag of white powder next to a random bloke who phone just so happened to showed he is most likely a dealer?

(A) He has been previously caught with it and using it.
He has been and still part of an ongoing large investigation in to the supply, distribution and use us of drugs.
He knows people involved in the supply, distribution and use of the drugs

(B) Now he has been caught with a substance and cash.
He was located with another person who is allegedly a dealer.
Between the two males (Hunt being one of them) there is allegedly cash, a mobile phone indicating evidence of dealing and an illegal substance.

Hunts legal team have stated publicly they are waiting for the police to present evidence before they will enter a plea (so its certainly not a case of he is innocent!)

IMHO if you add (A) and (B) as your starting point and then even try to add the variable of complete stupidity and ridiculous coincidence as mitigating factors its a really long stretch to even get close to wanting Rugby to waste time on this.

Most likely what we have is a combination (sadly) is a cashed up over paid idiot, an huge ego and a club and culture that is appearing to suggest that the "party" behaviours (past I hope) are ok based on recent history.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I'm not sure where the idea of the Reds 'party culture' comes from. everyone who has stepped out of line on the partying department has been disciplined very quickly. In the two most prominent occasions with great detriment to their rugby careers.

T

TOCC

Well since preseason last year, 2 of the senior players within the club have been charged with offences whilst out on the piss, yes higgers charges dropped but not before placing him in a compromising position, and during the season two of the junior players were dropped from the team for their drinking habits and work ethic.

Maybe they’re one off’s and the exception to the rule, or maybe they’re indicative of deeper cultural issues at the Reds. It’s certainly not all the players, but we can’t say it’s none of the players either.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Based on the accepted fact that rumour and innuendo counts as evidence here; and excluding hot-tub related "things", recent history has Higgers in the valley drawing attention to himself, Ready told to train away until he curbed the partying ways, Frisby similar and suggestions Quade may have been enjoying himself at times and now K Hunt.

True or not, its good enough to create the perception.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Well, we can't all live in a city where there is stuff all to do after 6 pm.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Well sounds like Hunt is guilty of being a complete tool more than anything as after the major lifeline thrown last time to him he has only himself to blame for this monumental stuff up that has destroyed his career and completely disrespected the Reds and RA for sticking by him.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out Karmichael but you are most definitely gone as no second chances after given a first and final warning that could have well been different and gone on first strike.

Another waster of talent gone to the scrap heap because of stupidity.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Well since preseason last year, 2 of the senior players within the club have been charged with offences whilst out on the piss, yes higgers charges dropped but not before placing him in a compromising position, and during the season two of the junior players were dropped from the team for their drinking habits and work ethic.

Maybe they’re one off’s and the exception to the rule, or maybe they’re indicative of deeper cultural issues at the Reds. It’s certainly not all the players, but we can’t say it’s none of the players either.

Jesus get off the Higgers hate list. Charges were dropped because the Police over-reacted and an over zealous copper tried to make a big man of himself. Well that backfired and the coppers record would have been appropriately noted (as is the case generally). Police lucky not to have a "malicious prosecution" proceeding seeking substantial damages brought against them.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Jesus get off the Higgers hate list. Charges were dropped because the Police over-reacted and an over zealous copper tried to make a big man of himself. Well that backfired and the coppers record would have been appropriately noted (as is the case generally). Police lucky not to have a "malicious prosecution" proceeding seeking substantial damages brought against them.

Sorry Mrs Higgers.

Yes, the mean men treated your angel unfairly. Forcing him to go to the valley and then further forcing him to be confrontational towards the Police against his will; and forcing his mate to piss against a wall in public just to stir everyone up was wrong.

I think a royal commission in to it should have been stood up personally. I believe there is a conspiracy to drag Reds players to the valley against their will, ply them with a substance and then make them act like dickheads.

TSR

Andrew Slack (58)
I’m sure it wasn’t Higgers finest hour, but the charges were withdrawn. If we start taking pot shots at every person who made a dick of themselves when they’ve had a few I’d suggest there’ll be a lot of shattered glass houses.

Status
Not open for further replies.