• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

ISA 2024

RahRahRugby

Chris McKivat (8)
Yes, Auggies are a top team in the state, but don’t count out Oakhill too early. I was at the Oakhill/Shore game, and if some refereeing decisions and ball bounces had gone Oakhill's way, the score could have been much more tight. In the Joey's 2s match, the scoreline didn't reflect the game. Oakhill dropped the ball over the line in the wet conditions, missing out on numerous tries, while also trying to execute a gameplan that didn't quite suit the day's conditions.

Auggies, playing at home, should be favourites, but Oakhill is more than capable of pulling off a tough win. Additionally, Auggies beat a weakened Joey's team without key players like Justice. Again, as Soupnasty mentioned, Auggies were advantaged as Shore took their 1sts off at halftime (HT: Shore 10-7 Auggies) and then suffered a questionable red card.

Anyway it's all talk until the real deal. May the Rugby Gods give us a belter of a game.

On another note I've heard Blank has broken his wrist. If true, he will be out for the rest of the season you'd assume.

SuperCoach12

Stan Wickham (3)
Yes, Auggies are a top team in the state, but don’t count out Oakhill too early. I was at the Oakhill/Shore game, and if some refereeing decisions and ball bounces had gone Oakhill's way, the score could have been much more tight. In the Joey's 2s match, the scoreline didn't reflect the game. Oakhill dropped the ball over the line in the wet conditions, missing out on numerous tries, while also trying to execute a gameplan that didn't quite suit the day's conditions.

Auggies, playing at home, should be favourites, but Oakhill is more than capable of pulling off a tough win. Additionally, Auggies beat a weakened Joey's team without key players like Justice. Again, as Soupnasty mentioned, Auggies were advantaged as Shore took their 1sts off at halftime (HT: Shore 10-7 Auggies) and then suffered a questionable red card.

Anyway it's all talk until the real deal. May the Rugby Gods give us a belter of a game.

On another note I've heard Blank has broken his wrist. If true, he will be out for the rest of the season you'd assume.
I have to agree with RahRah on this one. The results from this season have been mixed. Take the Knox fixture, for instance. Oakhill dominated with a 35-12 victory, while Auggies narrowly won 20-17. Although Joe Walsh was absent for that game, you'd think one player at his level of footy can't make that much of a difference. Now that Blank is presumably ruled out for the Oakhill fixture, Auggies could face a similar issue as they did against Knox. Additionally, I hear their star hooker, Riley Osborn is also injured and likely to miss the Oakhill game.

Another fixture worth mentioning is the Waverly game. Auggies barely secured a win with points after the siren to get them over Waverly 26-24, whereas Oakhill won decisively 19-5. Many people seem to be underestimating the upcoming game at Rat Park next weekend. Auggies are favored to lift the shield at $1.08, while Oakhill stands at $2.96. If Oakhill can keep it a low-scoring game, I strongly believe they can emerge victorious. I’m really looking forward to this match, it might just be one of the best Oakhill and Auggies games in history.

SC out

Choptackle

Herbert Moran (7)
I have to agree with RahRah on this one. The results from this season have been mixed. Take the Knox fixture, for instance. Oakhill dominated with a 35-12 victory, while Auggies narrowly won 20-17. Although Joe Walsh was absent for that game, you'd think one player at his level of footy can't make that much of a difference. Now that Blank is presumably ruled out for the Oakhill fixture, Auggies could face a similar issue as they did against Knox. Additionally, I hear their star hooker, Riley Osborn is also injured and likely to miss the Oakhill game.

Another fixture worth mentioning is the Waverly game. Auggies barely secured a win with points after the siren to get them over Waverly 26-24, whereas Oakhill won decisively 19-5. Many people seem to be underestimating the upcoming game at Rat Park next weekend. Auggies are favored to lift the shield at $1.08, while Oakhill stands at $2.96. If Oakhill can keep it a low-scoring game, I strongly believe they can emerge victorious. I’m really looking forward to this match, it might just be one of the best Oakhill and Auggies games in history.

SC out
It seems to be Augustine’s vs the world! I guess that’s what happens when you’ve got a target on your back. My sources tell me Osbourne will play however as you say Blank will not. Auggies thrive in the big crowds seen at Oakhill last year and Joeys this year and I’m sure the Northern Beaches will be flocking to Rat Park for this one. All in all Auggies will be excited to welcome Oakhill to Narrabeen next Saturday! Good luck to both teams.

Mafalda Fuda

Bob McCowan (2)
it is good for ISA rugby if people go out to support and crowds are at a level comparable or better than CAS and some GPS fixtures as it will strenthening the resolve of younger players to aspire to reaching the top of their schools potential. The Joeys v View , Barker Knox fixtures have special places in the repective competitions that ISA has traditionally not been exposed to.