• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

ISA 2024

Forwardpack101

Stan Wickham (3)
House Rules:
Any bets made must be made in a 2+ leg parlay.
Bets can only be made from options offered by myself in the week leading up to the round.
Winnings will be transferred back to winning punters in the following week of the round.
Winnings are calculated as Stake x Bet A odds x Bet B odds… if any leg misses the bet will be considered a loss.
If a game is washed out all bets will be void and money will be transferred back aforementioned.
Bets are made by both a direct message to my inbox and transferring a minimum bet of $5.
Bets are only applicable to 1st XV competition games.
Any bet with more than 5 legs will have its odds doubled.
Happy Punting.

This week’s ISA markets

OAK vs KWS
Oakhill -21.5: 1.55
Kinross H2H: 3.50

Jack Taylor-Hannify ATS: 1.49
William Casey ATS: 5.50

SPX vs SPC
Pius -11.5: 1.90
Pats +11.5: 1.90
Pius to win both halves: 1.90
Any player to score a double: 1.75

AUG vs SGC
Total Match Points
Over 59.5: 1.90
Under 59.5: 1.90
St Augs to win to nil: 2.10

Futures:
ISA Champs:
AUG: 1.08
OAK: 2.96
KWS: 45.00
SSC: 301.00
SPX: 301.00
SPC: 301.00
SGC: 501.00
I would like to get in on this please.
The +11.5 line for Pats at 1.90 please and is there and the over market for Auggies game

Odds: 3.80
Stake: $5
Potential winnings: $19

RahRahRugby

Chris McKivat (8)
Auggies escape vs Pius in one of their worst performed games of the season, 34-30 Auggies win.
That seems like The Great Escape.

Must've been a fired-up Pius team that has sent a warning shot to the rest of the ISA. Auggies will have another game this weekend to reinstall that confidence, then the Premiership-defining game against Oakhill.

This will undoubtedly plant a seed of belief and confidence inside that Oakhill team, and on the other hand might be a wake-up call to the Auggies boys that teams won't go out without a fight.

In saying this Auggies were able to win - 3 days after their last game - without their starting 2,6,8,12 & 15. Although if this is a warning sign, I do believe Oakhill has the X-Factor to maybe sneak a win. Should be a great match either way.

Last edited:

Choptackle

Herbert Moran (7)
That seems like The Great Escape.

Must've been a fired-up Pius team that has sent a warning shot to the rest of the ISA. Auggies will have another game this weekend to reinstall that confidence, then the Premiership-defining game against Oakhill.

This will undoubtedly plant a seed of belief and confidence inside that Oakhill team, and on the other hand might be a wake-up call to the Auggies boys that teams won't go out without a fight.

In saying this Auggies were able to win - 3 days after their last game - without their starting 2,6,8,12 & 15. Although if this is a warning sign, I do believe Oakhill has the X-Factor to maybe sneak a win. Should be a great match either way.
The Auggies star halfback blank, went down in the first 5 minutes with an injury, looks to not did not return the rest of the game as a precaution.

OleMan

Bob McCowan (2)
Any idea of junior age group best teams for the A’s from 13-16
I believe that Auggies have the edge over Oakhill in every age group except maybe the 16s and that really depends on how many Oakhill u16s are playing up in the 1st XV at Oakhill.
Oakhill arguably have the strongest u16 squad by far, but most of them play in the 1st XV with a few floating between the teams.

One thing's for sure, it's going to be a cracker of a day at Rat Park on the 3rd August with the back to Auggies day against Oakhill. Get you tickets now ;)

Maul of Duty

Sydney Middleton (9)
The game will either be close or a blowout. This all depends on the discipline of the Oakhill team. On far too many occasions over many seasons, the discipline of the Oakhill sides has let them down. It is very frustrating to watch at times.

RahRahRugby

Chris McKivat (8)
Reports coming out of Oakhill all but confirm that Sam Polley will be the new Inside Centre for the foreseeable future.

It will be interesting to watch how the combinations flow as the position was an integral part of their team, previously filled by the now-injured Joe Harvey.

JackJill

Ward Prentice (10)
The game will either be close or a blowout. This all depends on the discipline of the Oakhill team. On far too many occasions over many seasons, the discipline of the Oakhill sides has let them down. It is very frustrating to watch at times.
Yes, but Auggies beat Pius by 4 points, and reports suggest it could've swung in either sides favour.

I've seen many Oakhill games in my time, and I have to say,

Oakhill plays best as underdogs.

Choptackle

Herbert Moran (7)
Yes, but Auggies beat Pius by 4 points, and reports suggest it could've swung in either sides favour.

I've seen many Oakhill games in my time, and I have to say,

Oakhill plays best as underdogs.
The Pius game may not be a great reflection, Auggies were missing the majority of their starting team in their 2,6,8,9,12,15 .
If we want to go back and compare to prior scores let’s not forget, Oakhill beat Joeys 2s only by 2 points, on the same day Auggies downed Joeys 1s and had beaten Joeys 2s by 25 only weeks prior. Further, Shore beat Oakhill by 40-0, Auggies beat shore, at their home just last weekend.
Oakhill will especially want to bounce back against the exact same Auggies team from last year when they Auggies absolutely took them apart on Oakhills home turf. Auggies have not lost a single game this year, personally I can’t see Oakhill being the one to do it to them. This becomes an even tougher assignment when they travel to Narrabeen against this undefeated Auggies team.
You’ll notice the majority of my message is just plain facts. Good luck to Oakhill, let’s hope they can provide an entertaining game, in which this fixture always is!
Who knows what could happen on the day…

Last edited:
I believe that Auggies have the edge over Oakhill in every age group except maybe the 16s and that really depends on how many Oakhill u16s are playing up in the 1st XV at Oakhill.
Oakhill arguably have the strongest u16 squad by far, but most of them play in the 1st XV with a few floating between the teams.

One thing's for sure, it's going to be a cracker of a day at Rat Park on the 3rd August with the back to Auggies day against Oakhill. Get you tickets now ;)
It really is a flip of the coin on the day for 13-15s, particularly for AUG & OAK. There is a wide range of ability in the As sides, across each school. ie. in these age groups, a number of them are def not A grade players yet.
A number of boys in these age groups, are also playing out of their best positions for school rugby, vs what they play in SJRU. The stronger players are often placed into areas of weakness for the team, irrespective if it’s the boy’s best position.

Soupnasty

Peter Burge (5)
The Pius game may not be a great reflection, Auggies were missing the majority of their starting team in their 2,6,8,9,12,15 .
If we want to go back and compare to prior scores let’s not forget, Oakhill beat Joeys 2s only by 2 points, on the same day Auggies downed Joeys 1s and had beaten Joeys 2s by 25 only weeks prior. Further, Shore beat Oakhill by 40-0, Auggies beat shore, at their home just last weekend.
Oakhill will especially want to bounce back against the exact same Auggies team from last year when they Auggies absolutely took them apart on Oakhills home turf. Auggies have not lost a single game this year, personally I can’t see Oakhill being the one to do it to them. This becomes an even tougher assignment when they travel to Narrabeen against this undefeated Auggies team.
You’ll notice the majority of my message is just plain facts. Good luck to Oakhill, let’s hope they can provide an entertaining game, in which this fixture always is!
Your facts fail to mention that Shore played with 14 players and subbed off their first 15 at half time.

RealRuckWarden

Frank Row (1)
Um Actually... While Oakhill were given Backshots by Shore, the score was only 40-17. And Keep in mind superstar #15 Tom Halmarick went down at half time, who could have well and truly led a comeback.