• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

IRB U/20 Tournament and Oz Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Tell me it ain't so.

There are 4 games televised on Sunday the 13th (Argie time) according to the schedule supplied by the IRB (see below) but Fox Sports have listed only the 1st two, which don't involve Oz, for viewing on Monday, starting at 10am.

I didn't get as far as looking to see if the semis etc are going to be televised. I was in shock.

this one is all about the irb and what they have negotiated with their tv partner. Basically all we will see, or at least the only games being broadcast (and I think foxsports are showing these) are:

13 June

Pool A 14:10 New Zealand v Wales Santa Fe
Pool B 14:10 England v France Rosario
Pool B 16:10 Argentina v Ireland Rosario
Pool C 16:10 South Africa v Australia Santa Fe

Can somebody contact Foxsports and tell them we saw their deliberate mistake and ask them when will the Oz v BBoks game be televised.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Lee, this is from an earlier post. Search for RUGBY on 14June :

03:30 pm - 05:00 pmMonday June 14 2010
Genre:
Sport Rugby Union

Screening Info:
Widescreen High Definition
Show Details:
Australia v South Africa. The IRB World Junior Rugby Championship in Argentina brings together the best Under 20 players from 12 nations.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Thanks Nod, I missed it when I tried to find it. I saw the others on FoxSports 3 and looked up and down for the Oz game but it was on FS 1.

Mind you, it was 4am when I was looking.

C

chief

Can someone tell me how the Semi Finals work? There are 3 pools and 4 spots available would that mean say the winners from each pool go through and then the team with the 2nd highest points go through? I have a nasty feeling South Africa might beat us.

R

rugby_man

I was very suprised to see Lachlan McCaffrey not make the original squad. He has a good work rate around the park and is very strong at the breakdown. I'm interested to know why Mark Swanepoel isn't in the side? I rate him better than Nic White.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
I just discovered Siliva Siliva is Victorian born and bred. He played rugger here till U18s.

This pleases me as I just didn't know this, I thought Tulla Grey was the only Vic with a shot at this squad and he didn't make it.

Good news.

D

dbla

Team for SA named and no real suprises here

Australia U20 (15-1): Luke Morahan, Dominic Shipperley, Kimami Sitauti, Robbie Coleman, Aidan Toua, Matt To’omua, Justin Turner, Jake Schatz (capt), Liam Gill, Ed Quirk, Greg Peterson, Phoenix Battye, Paul Alo-Emile, Siliva Siliva, Salesi Manu. Res: Sam Roberson, Cruz Ah-Nau, Luke Jones, Lochy McCaffery, Nick White, Jono Lance, Greg Jeloudev.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
If this is what Nuci thinks is his best team he has done some tweaking to the teams chosen for the trial game and the Scotland match. The game against Tonga was the "everybody gets a start" game.

Shipperly is back for Jelly.
Quirk is in for Fainga'a
Manu is in for CAN

Am still amazed that Toua is playing wing and Morahan, fullback.

Whatever - good luck boys.

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
I think justin turner has just done his ACL probably 4-6 months before he can even start to run, 18 months back to his best. Shame.

Agree with Lee why are they playing morahan at 15 toua has played there throughout his career and morahan didn't even play full back at school

C

chief

The take out on Robbie Coleman looked a little suss. Definitely denied them a 5 pointer I thought. 10-8 to Australia.

Update- 24-13 to Aus. Gill playing fantastically, love how Toomoua is playing Flyhalf today. Shipperly and Coleman looking dangerous whenever ball in hand.

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
Shipperley scores his third, To'omua converts fantastically.

Extremely impressed with To'omua,toua, coleman, situati and shipperley in the backs. Morahan hasn't had much of an impact. Toua has a terrific running game.

30-31 Aus, sheepy converts for RSA

C

chief

Try for Ed Quirk, set up by Toomoua. 39-30 with probably about 20 mins to go.

C

chief

Australia win 42-35. Toomoua, Gill and Coleman, Situati were immense for me today. Looking forward to the Semi Final.

R

rhyso

Game over, 42-35. Caught the last 20 mins, great finish. Gill and Quirk very impressive.

Our scrum was utterly dominant. Wonder how much two massive locks had to do with that.

rustycruiser

Billy Sheehan (19)
I missed the end of the broadcast. Did they say who was the one seed out of New Zealnd and Australia? Both ended on 15 points? Is PF/PA the tiebreak? The other two semi final teams are France in 3rd, and South Africa in 4th.

Status
Not open for further replies.