• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

IRB Sevens 2012/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

churchills cigar

Peter Burge (5)
Yup, they're through to the cup quarters. Won't know who they play until the result of Fiji vs Canada.

I agree on Isles. It's as if the commentators have been told by the IRB to pump him up for every little thing he does. If I did a ranking on the wingers of the core teams, Isles would be near the bottom.

That would never happen in Super rugby or Wallabies teams would it?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Any Saffers on line?

Where is Cecil Afrika? Injured or retired.

His silky skills are severely missed by the Meat Eaters who seem to run hot and cold without him in the side.

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Getting back to the oz team - looking at that argentine game thought Tom Cusak was the best oz player. Great around the field and looks a real monster. Shame he isn't available for the 20's this year

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Samoa show us up in the Plate Semi Final.

It is a young team, and hopefully they will stick with them as they gain experience in the build up to Rio.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Samoa show us up in the Plate Semi Final.

It is a young team, and hopefully they will stick with them as they gain experience in the build up to Rio.

Hugh,

Surely you know that the better players will get Soup contracts, and they will be orf as fast as their little legs can carry them. It was ever thus, and still is.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
I know but dreams are free and sometimes they come true. Look at FiJi who have just cleaned up the Darkness to advance to the Cup final.

F1J1 - beautiful. 33-14.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Wow, The Boyos from the Valleys fire up and absolutely blow Fiji off the park in the first 10 minutes.

19-0 at half time. Very bad looking lifting tackle from Fiji ended up in a YC and made it difficult for Fiji in the middle of the half 6 vs 7.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
And Fiji return the favour in the first five minutes of the second half - 3 tries. 19-19 with 5 1/2 minutes left,

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
very much looking forward to seeing the percolating effects of Canada's increasingly outstanding 7's program on the 15's game.
we have quite a few test matches this summer and Hiryama aside (only wants to play 7s) a lot of those boys will be lining up for us.
i suspect our reign over the US will continue unabated.

Hell West & Crooked

Alex Ross (28)
As expected Argentina has been added to an expanded IRB Sevens World Series for 2012/13

Round 1 Australia (Gold Coast) 13-14 Oct 2012
Round 2 Argentina (La Plata) 20-21 Oct 2012
Round 3 Dubai 30 Nov - 1 Dec 2012
Round 4 South Africa (Port Elizabeth) 7-8 Dec 2012
Round 5 New Zealand (Wellington) 1-2 Feb 2013
Round 6 USA (Las Vegas) 8-10 Feb 2013
Round 7 Hong Kong 22-24 Mar 2013
Round 8 Japan (Tokyo) 30-31 Mar 2013
Round 9 Scotland (Glasgow) 4-5 May 2013
Round 10 England (London) 11-12 May 2013

Hell West & Crooked

Alex Ross (28)
Apologies if this has already been covered but - was watching the Hong Kong7s... What in the Name of All that Is Good and Evil are we wearing?????????????? Has anyone from the ARU come forward and taken responsibility for this insult of an Outfit? It really is seriously time for the Rugby Public in Australia to take to task the ARU for its mis-use of the Jersey. I know it has not been around forever, but its GOLD ... not Romanian Yellow - and if the RU cannot respect it, how can the Players be expected to?

Rassie

Trevor Allan (34)
Sure it does, but Super Rugby and Wallaby players tend to be decent rugby players, Isles is nothing more than a track star in a rugby uniform . The hype he gets is far more unwarranted.
We had many track stars. Speedsters. Can only score with a open try line a intercept or running sideways then around their opponent or rely on a miss tackle. Oosthuizen, Watson, Prinsloo, Badenhorst. Record try scorers Springbok selectors didn't bother with good reason. I want to see Isle run chip kick over the defense collects then score a try like Habana does. Then they have a case.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
This is very interesting, we could very well miss out.

-Top 4 from IRB World Series rankings go through, usually from NZ, Fiji, Samoa, England (GB), South Africa.

-Next 6 are done be regions, if we're Oceania and one of Fiji/Samoa miss the top 4 we'd be in a playoff against them and I don't like our chances!

-Only one spot left seeing as Brazil should get auto qualification.

NZ, Fiji, South Africa, GB, Argentina, Canada, Kenya, Samoa, Japan, France, Brazil, Australia?

GB will interesting combining Scotland, Wales and England. What if only one of them is in the top 4, will GB be considered top 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.