• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

IRB Sevens 2012/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

HKTiger

Allen Oxlade (6)
This got great coverage over here on FTA/Network TV with NBC covering it and explaining the game very well. Enjoyable Saturday and Sunday afternoon with 2 hours of prime coverage each day. Better than going out in 6 inches of slushy snow.

Being an Olympic sport now gets huge notice in the US. The whole build up and focus is that you do well, you can become an Olympian. Oh and that the US are the defending Olympic champions.

Aussies looked poor, SA looked good. Canucks done good in the plate as well. They're a young side as well. We (the Aussies) were a bit clueless against Samoa.

Bad boy

Frank Nicholson (4)
Australia make so many basic mistakes it makes me wonder about their program and selections. Wales kicked 3 times and we were unable to capitalise once then we kicked at the death to try and score when maintaining possession and continueing to apply pressure would have given the Aussies the result......unbelievable

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Aus beat SAF 21-12

It is early days but Pool C after 2 games Portugal leads on 6 points, having beaten Samoa, and Scotland. Samoa and Scotland on 4 points and ENG on 2 points having lost to Scotland and Samoa.

Whuuda thunk.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Gotta laugh at all the publicity Carlin Isles gets, yeah he's bloody quick but he has zero rugby skills at all. Compare that to someone like Shannon Walker he has speed but can evade people with his elusiveness.

LoneStar

Stan Wickham (3)
Yup, they're through to the cup quarters. Won't know who they play until the result of Fiji vs Canada.

I agree on Isles. It's as if the commentators have been told by the IRB to pump him up for every little thing he does. If I did a ranking on the wingers of the core teams, Isles would be near the bottom.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Portugal lose to the Soap Dodgers but end up with 7 points from 3 games, and look like topping their pool.

ENG only have 5 points from their 3 games.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Wales belted by SAFFER, but they top the pool because they beat us.
NZL and FIJI only unbeaten teams

QF games tomorrow
WAL vs CAN
AUS vs FIJI
POR vs KEN
NZL vs SAM

QF Games start 11:48 HK time tomorrow

LoneStar

Stan Wickham (3)
The heavyweights are all on one side of the draw, which makes it pretty interesting. I don't think Canada, Wales, Portugal or Kenya have made the HK finals before, but one of them will definitely be in the finals tomorrow.

I don't think it's fair that Wales top the pool, but oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.