• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

IRB Sevens 2012/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Can't see a thread about the Wellington Sevens, now under way. Pretty sure the first day is not on Fox Sports.

So much for the growing popularity of the Sevens. :confused:

Australia has two wins, so has Scotland, we play them later on. (Fiji has lost twice, and only just scraped past Portugal).

D-Box

Ron Walden (29)
Anyone reckon the USA can knock over the Kiwis to know them out of the cup competition??

or did the Kiwis just throw the game against the Poms so they can knock the Aussies out in the Quarter Finals?

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Anyone reckon the USA can knock over the Kiwis to know them out of the cup competition??

or did the Kiwis just throw the game against the Poms so they can knock the Aussies out in the Quarter Finals?

If the USA win, it will be the biggest upset in the history of the game, Sevens or Fifteens.

T

TOCC

The gap between the top nations and the next step down has closed at 7's level... It's only a matter of time before the likes of the USA become even more competitive and beat teams like NZ, I don't think it's that big of a deal considering countries like Kenya have already knocked over the traditional leaders(Fiji and NZ)

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Bugger. I knew the Wellington 7's were on this weekend. I thought the games would be Sat/Sunday by default, not Friday/Saturday. Duh.

Foxtel IQ programmed and set to record games for tomorrow.

Some interesting results from todays games.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Bugger. I knew the Wellington 7's were on this weekend. I thought the games would be Sat/Sunday by default, not Friday/Saturday. Duh.

Foxtel IQ programmed and set to record games for tomorrow.

Some interesting results from todays games.

You didn't miss much, the first day was not shown here. It used to be. But that was before Sevens started growing in popularity.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I don't get it either, why are we not getting Day 1 any more? Nothing else was on, do Fox have to pay more?

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Disappointing performance from Aust v NZ. Blew a really good chance to win in my view. Some of the players make some bad decisions in contact.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Costs more for day 1 and I'm not sure they'd attract much of a supporter base especially on a Friday.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Great win by Kenya over South Africa.

even more gooderer win by Kenya over the Darkness after being 0-14 down.

Match Report from NZ Herald: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10863078
Kenya have produced one of the biggest upsets in the history of the international sevens circuit with a 19-14 semifinal win over New Zealand in Wellington tonight.
The African nation came back from 14-0 down with two second-half tries at Westpac Stadium before Oscar Ouma scored first in the sudden-death period of extra time.
Kenya will meet England in the final who made their way to the big dance by beating Samoa 21-19 in a controversial semifinal that saw some poor officiating from Australian Matt O'Brien.
In New Zealand's final-four clash with the Kenyans, Tomasi Cama produced some of his best form as he scored an early try, while Tim Mikkelson also dotted down in the first spell.
Kenya hung tough though and fought their way back in to the game via second-half tries to Ouma and Collins Injera, with Injera's score coming after the hooter.
Then in the early stages of the extra period Ouma broke free to dot down and send New Zealand out of the tournament.
England were an unlikely side to make the final given their form in the previous three tournaments this year has been weak but they've been galvanised by the return of try-scoring machine Mat Turner.

New Zealand have had to make do without wing Kurt Baker today who has been sidelined by a hamstring injury but Hawke's Bay's Gillies Kaka has filled in well.
Kenya 19 (Oscar Ouma 2, Collins Injera tries; Biko Adema 2 cons) New Zealand 14 (Tomasi Cama Tim Mikkelson tries; Cama 2 cons) HT: 0-14, FT: 14-14

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
^^^^ how about mostest betterer, TOCC?
Who would believe Fiji Playing Canada in the Bowl Final, and the Canucks score first?

The beauty and cruelty of 7's rugby tournaments.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Loving the 7's. 1/2 time Canucks 21 Fiji 14.

Canucks 2 converted tries in the last minute of regular time.

Kenya MUST keep their good form and beat the Soap Dodgers in the Main Game later tonight.

EDIT: Canada WIN the Bowl over Fiji. 2nd win over Fiji ever. The last victory was 10 years ago.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
The Men in Gold (Thunderbolts) win the Plate in Wellington, after winning the Bowl in Port Elizabeth. Clearly we must be odds on to progress to winning the Cup in Las Vegas next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.