• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Genia to the Force?

Status
Not open for further replies.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
How can you know if fretting over whether to stay or go impacted your form if you haven't played a game yet without that hanging over you.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I'll just point out that the Reds had bad form from 2000 to 2009. The Force only came into the competition in 2006. They were their own worst enemy, no help from the Force required.

You know the Reds finished 4th in 2001?

And 5th in 2002?

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
So after listening to all the reds fan bleet on about how the hart of their team was ripped out by the force in 06 and how much they hate the force for it i thought i would have a look at the starting side the force put out against the Brumbies in 06:

Listed is the match day 22 followed by the team they played for in 2005 and the numeber of games they played for that team.

The squad is:
1. Gareth Hardy NSW 12
2. Brendan Cannon NSW 69
3. David Fitter ACT 15
4. John Welborn WA/NSW 63
5. Nathan Sharpe (c). QLD 71
6. Luke Doherty QLD 23
7. Matt Hodgson NSW 7
8. Scott Fava (VC) ACT 51
9. Matt Henjak ACT 18
10. Scott Daruda QLD 2
11. Digby Ioane Rookie
12. Lachlan MacKay NSW 10
13. Junior Pelesasa QLD 33
14. Scott Staniforth London 24
15. James Hilgendorf Taranaki 14

16. Tai McIsaac QLD 17
17. David Te Moana Rookie
18. David Pusey ACT 23
19. Richard Brown Rookie
20. Chris O’Young NSW 8
21. Josh Graham Storm 1
22. Cameron Shepherd NSW 17

QLD 5
NSW 7
ACT 4
Other 3
Rookies 3

If anyone should be pissed its NSW. I havent yet finished the full squad but lets face it if you werent in the starting team then you were prob not the best player going around.

T

tranquility

You are dillusional. The only one of those players who was a loss for the Tahs in terms of being in the mix was Lachlan Mckay.

I am at peace with the Force, but I have a good memory. You have to realise, that by taking players like Daruda, Ioane, Doherty, Vadelago, Brown that you took the majority of our next generation. I do not hold that against the Force, as they needed the players and it gave them an opportunity. But don't start this nonsense about how we were unaffected.

I also did not want to bring this up, but. You have been in the comp since 2006 and produced about 5 players.

M

Moono75

You know the Reds finished 4th in 2001?

And 5th in 2002?
Yep but that was also when it was Super 12, so relative to the overall number of teams in the comp still not great. The two years prior to Force introduction in 2006 they finished 10th. Just trying to highlight that the Reds had difficulties prior to the Force entry into the comp and we can't be held soley responsible for the Reds performance issues.

Don't take it the wrong way. I was very pleased to see the Reds resurgance and win in 2011. I would expect that the Reds should be one of the provincial powers in Australian rugby.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
This thread has been high jacked by upset Force supporters.

What's done is doe. Genia is staying put, get over it. Use this as therapy and move on and worry about your team.
There is over a 100 years of rich rugby heritage here in QLD. And QLD rugby has supplied Australia with some of the greatest players to have ever put on the green and gold.( not including Wendell sailor) And its nice to know finally that QLD can keep our highest profile player in years on happiness, great team, better mates and genia relising money can't buy that all of that. So I say it again. Get over it!
You play your best rugby when your happy.And Genia moving to the force the only thing that would have been happy is his bank account and admin thinking how many more bums on seats he will bring.

He wants to play rugby.And I can't wait to see him run onto the paddock this weekend refreshed and no worries.

brokendown

Vay Wilson (31)
This thread has been high jacked by upset Force supporters.

What's done is doe. Genia is staying put, get over it. Use this as therapy and move on and worry about your team.
There is over a 100 years of rich rugby heritage here in QLD. And QLD rugby has supplied Australia with some of the greatest players to have ever put on the green and gold.( not including Wendell sailor) And its nice to know finally that QLD can keep our highest profile player in years on happiness, great team, better mates and genia relising money can't buy that all of that. So I say it again. Get over it!
You play your best rugby when your happy.And Genia moving to the force the only thing that would have been happy is his bank account and admin thinking how many more bums on seats he will bring.

He wants to play rugby.And I can't wait to see him run onto the paddock this weekend refreshed and no worries.

don't worry,we will get over it;probably a bit quicker than a few Red supporters on this site that still whinge about 2006

T

TOCC

Im still dirty on the Reds and Tim Horan, dont think for one second he didnt have a hand in this. genia says that the offer from the reds didnt change but just think about this.

Once the news was made public by Horan and QRU do you not think that a shit load of 3rd party money would have swamped in for Genia to stay... the reds offer may not have changed but i bet his pay check at the end of the week will have!!!

QRU new what they were doing and their puppet (muppet) horan did the dirty work.

Yep lets not get the facts get in the way of a good old fashioned 'western force' witch hunt...

You do understand that third-party contract come under the Players CBA, which subsequently limits third-party negotiated contracts to the realm of $60'000...

Tiger

Alfred Walker (16)
Im still dirty on the Reds and Tim Horan, dont think for one second he didnt have a hand in this. genia says that the offer from the reds didnt change but just think about this.

Once the news was made public by Horan and QRU do you not think that a shit load of 3rd party money would have swamped in for Genia to stay... the reds offer may not have changed but i bet his pay check at the end of the week will have!!!

QRU new what they were doing and their puppet (muppet) horan did the dirty work.

Surely you should be too busy building Titanic II and running for Parliament to post here.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
So your "sources" are only reliable only after the fact?

Not before?

If my source from the west stated that certain people in the force were telling certain people that Genia had been signed, then it backs up the point I am trying to make about it being the Force that leaked the information.

They either lied about the signing to help them retain other players (or for some other reason), or Genia has somehow got out of a signed contract.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
It wouldn't be the first time someone has counted their chickens before they've hatched, so to speak. Doubt there was any malice.

T

tranquility

Ugh Hodgson and Shepherd?

Both fine players, however Hodgson in particular was not getting a go at all despite dominating at Club level... Shepherd was definitely an up and comer in the ranks, so I missed that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.