• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Galloping Greens

Status
Not open for further replies.

pstoe

Frank Nicholson (4)
Completely agree I think the three you mentioned offer alot more then Figg. Id like to see Munro skipper

The captain has to be a person whose spot is pretty certain, to provide continuity. Players should not be picked based on the captaincy. I don't see this certainty in the back or second row, so for me the obvious choice is from the front row. Impacts both pos and neg of shifting captain should not be under estimated.

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I would say that Munro is a pretty certain starter considering he was best and fairest last year and didn't miss a game other then injury. He is also imo one of the better players in the forward pack.

Not sure what you mean by obvious choice is to give the captaincy to a front rower, regardless if he is the right man for the job?? Considering the scrum got completely demolished 2 weeks ago against souths I suggest Walker and Goodbody aren't certainties.

George Hipwall

Allen Oxlade (6)
I like Figg in the side, but do see the validity in the opinions above.

One comment I would add, is the need for the likes of Baldwin and Harrod (as examples) to be used tactically as substitutes. They are 1st grade standard and really could add a new dynamic later in the game.

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
I'm still voting for Tim Wright to be captain.
Cool head (by all appearances), experience, died-in-the wool Randwick man whose brother, father and uncle all played for the Wicks.

I like the idea of a leadership group.
The people mentioned above would be certainties for that group plus maybe one other. I would have a younger bloke as the official captain and have Tim Wright as a mentor or "go to" man - he can't be far from retiring (which is a comment on his age rather than the way he is playing). That way we get a little more longevity. Bye the way, I think the team looks much better when Wright is on the paddock.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
I like Figg in the side, but do see the validity in the opinions above.

One comment I would add, is the need for the likes of Baldwin and Harrod (as examples) to be used tactically as substitutes. They are 1st grade standard and really could add a new dynamic later in the game.

Yes, and tell TC he only has to get through 60 minutes. I think that would do him a big favour ;)

George Hipwall

Allen Oxlade (6)
Yes, and tell TC he only has to get through 60 minutes. I think that would do him a big favour ;)

TC runs around like it's his last game on earth. But gee he's good to watch!!

Great idea on leadership group. There is a core group of older and younger players now with a lot to offer in different aspects.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Interesting discussion on who should be the captain. I noted on the weekend that every time there was a decision to be made Figg either looked to the coach or was told what to do by Matt Bowman. Not sure he makes any decisions by himself. Maybe he's been selected because he does as he's told ;)

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
IMHO Will Munro is going to be in 1's for quite a while and is a leader of men. Wrighty is a great man as a go to for anything that might be a pressing decision, but I know that he has tremendous respect amongst his peers. Let him develop into another great Randwick Skipper.

George Hipwall

Allen Oxlade (6)
Again quality sides picked. Some good players still out and some returning.

Interesting to see what East side turns up given last week's results.....or were Eastwood way off the pace??

Everyone's favourite Englishman poor Charlie Hughes is in 3's this week. Hopefully he finds some form pushes back up.

sidelinesid

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Charlie Hughes in good company. Listed side would be 2nd in most clubs and quite a few of them would be 1st in some.

pstoe

Frank Nicholson (4)
Again quality sides picked. Some good players still out and some returning.

Interesting to see what East side turns up given last week's results...or were Eastwood way off the pace??

Everyone's favourite Englishman poor Charlie Hughes is in 3's this week. Hopefully he finds some form pushes back up.

I think we'll do OK in the lower grades due to depth in the club but cant see 1's winning this one. We beat Easts in round 1 because they were poor and lacked fitness (not ability) at season start.

This is a game we must win as the hard run home starts next week !

Incidentally, would love to know who drafted the rugbynet press release for lasts weeks game against Parra 1s. Not sure he/she was at the same game as it was pure hype.

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I think we'll do OK in the lower grades due to depth in the club but cant see 1's winning this one. We beat Easts in round 1 because they were poor and lacked fitness (not ability) at season start.

This is a game we must win as the hard run home starts next week !

Incidentally, would love to know who drafted the rugbynet press release for lasts weeks game against Parra 1s. Not sure he/she was at the same game as it was pure hype.
Stoey a post without mentioning Oli, is everything ok?

George Hipwall

Allen Oxlade (6)
It was very noticeable on the weekend that the Wicks superior fitness was on show. Easts started just about every grade with intent and bar 1st grade were over run by a fitter team and more cohesive team. 4th grade looked like they were in for a long day before Easts kept falling over like flies and then puffing like an asthmatic on a stair master!!

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
How is Oli and when is he due back?

Oli Nicholson started in 2nds but didn't finish the game -- another injury or just rested ???

I was surprised that Ethan Ford was moved back to the wing after last week and Norton brought up into 1sts. Norton went OK, but Ford didn't see a lot of the ball. Seemed strange to replace an injured winger (Wright) with a 10 and rehash the backline from last week.

Is James Helliwell being run into fitness?
Played 4s and came off the bench in 3s and 2s?

Status
Not open for further replies.