• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Galloping Greens

Status
Not open for further replies.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
2 key call outs from me with 1s. Forwards -Because of the size difference in forwards, we had to commit more players at every breakdown. Physically we just do not have enough big players who are ball carriers and cannot mix it with teams like that. Backs - putting a player straight from league into the 12 spot was not a good decision. This reduced options and wide patterns. There was clearly no alternate playmaker when nicholson was in rucks. The expansive game requires 2 playmakers at 10,12 or 10, 15. I can't see a win against SD if we don't sort this out. Rees - Hole had a great game against Penrith but I think against better opposition he won't get as much space. I think trying a combination of Nicholson (10) and Horwitz(12) has to be considered? Thoughts anyone

Unfortunately Horwitz won't be available for a few weeks assuming he's selected in the U20s team. I was impressed with Rees-Hole against Eastwood last week and he deserves another chance if fit.

Early days, but Brogan Roods showed glimpses of what all the fuss is about in his brief cameo at 12 in the 3rds. He's big and strong and has a good step. Chance of making 1sts in a few weeks if he stays fit.

sidelinesid

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Been hearing about Mr Roods for a number of years but saturday is the first time he has played ( i thunk) . He came off early - was he injured again or just short of puff.

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
It could have been worse.
Apparently the council didn't want 1sts to play at Coogee either :mad:

Does anyone know whether the Coogee Dolphins played their 3 grades at Coogee Oval on Sunday?
That would stir up the possum if they did.

Rucks and Mauls

Peter Burge (5)
Just on the council again. I spoke to the guys working at Coogee Oval on Saturday morning and they gave me the following explanation.
The council had meant to cancel the league games the previous Sunday as it had rained most of that week. Unfortunately they failed to do so and five games were played churning up the oval badly.
For this reason and the forcasted rain they made an early call and were reluctant to go back on it despite the fact that ground was in much better shape than it was before the league games.
I agree with the previous comment that the council need to start prioritising Wicks games over the junior league games!

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Been hearing about Mr Roods for a number of years but saturday is the first time he has played ( i thunk) . He came off early - was he injured again or just short of puff.
No he wasnt injured they are just easing him back into it as he hasnt played in 2-3 years

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
Rees-Hole out for 6 weeks with medial liagament tear. Hoiles to start at 8

Any idea as to who will replace Rees-Hole & who makes way for Hoilsey?
I guess we will find out tomorrow in any event.
It will be great to watch Hoiles at Coogee Oval.

sidelinesid

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Based on last year Hanigan to reserve, Munroe to lock , Figg to blindside, connor stays open.
Baldwin giving too many penalties at the moment.
Guess only

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Think a fair bit changes from tues to thursday from all reports, no idea who the replacements are. Just read the report on hoiles on website and follow rees hole on twitter.

think in the forwards they may shift munro to second row and drop Hanigan to colts or reserves. like to see Jesse harris given a go in place of Falefa.

In the backs not sure conor davies played 12 in twos last week. I think way to early for Brogan roods. Not sure if Kuki can play 12 and if tim wright is back to play 13?? how far away is windon?

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Based on last year Hanigan to reserve, Munroe to lock , Figg to blindside, connor stays open.
Baldwin giving too many penalties at the moment.
Guess only
Don't base it on last year. It Rained buckets on ladies day last year, a wake was caused when Manly went over with a slide for a couple of tries from 20m out.

sidelinesid

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Think a fair bit changes from tues to thursday from all reports, no idea who the replacements are. Just read the report on hoiles on website and follow rees hole on twitter.

think in the forwards they may shift munro to second row and drop Hanigan to colts or reserves. like to see Jesse harris given a go in place of Falefa.

In the backs not sure conor davies played 12 in twos last week. I think way to early for Brogan roods. Not sure if Kuki can play 12 and if tim wright is back to play 13?? how far away is windon?

Harris will get a go at sometime as I heard Dan is going overseas before the end of the season.. He will make a very good 8 one day but will have to play second row due to his size.
Connor Davies had a very good game in two last week and he has a long boot.
Hanigan will be a very good lock in a year or two. Tried hard and still learning.
Half back is much improved on last year and will probably hold his spot.
Hoiles will add much needed 'smarts' which this young side needs.

Should be a great saturday

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
Harris will get a go at sometime as I heard Dan is going overseas before the end of the season.. He will make a very good 8 one day but will have to play second row due to his size.
Connor Davies had a very good game in two last week and he has a long boot.
Hanigan will be a very good lock in a year or two. Tried hard and still learning.
Half back is much improved on last year and will probably hold his spot.
Hoiles will add much needed 'smarts' which this young side needs.

Should be a great saturday

Wonder whether Carraro might play.
I also like the idea of the goal kicking fullback from 3s being brought up. He has an amazing boot and goes OK.
If we had Windon Hoiles & Carraro the young blokes may well rise up.
It will be a cracker on Saturday.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Wonder whether Carraro might play.
I also like the idea of the goal kicking fullback from 3s being brought up. He has an amazing boot and goes OK.
If we had Windon Hoiles & Carraro the young blokes may well rise up.
It will be a cracker on Saturday.

I'm a founding member of the Tom Hiddleston fan club so I agree completely with bringing him up to firsts. Good defence (great one-on-one tackle on a flying winger again last week), good in attack and kicked 6 out of 6 in the driving wind last weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.