• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Galloping Greens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Yep Brogan Roods and Jock Armstrong both named in threes back from injuries. I tip young Jock to figure in the higher grades pretty soon.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Nicolson was the goalkicker in 2s with the highest points tally. He was also the goal kicker in 1s colts last year and their highest points scorer, so no problem for a kicker when he plays.

Wade Kelly's quoted on the Wicks website today saying that either Hanigan or Ma'afu will kick tomorrow. This is either a piss take or Nicholson must be out again.

WE'RE IN ..RU ?

Frank Row (1)
Stoey maybe if Kelly goes away again and Nick Ryan is sick, Oli can coach the team as well?

Stoey maybe if Kelly goes away again and Nick Ryan is sick, Oli can coach the team as well?

People like you PETE KING are not constructive for the game of RUGBY Union

Stats Guru
Congratulations to Tom Hiddleston and Oli Nicholson on reaching 50+ points for the season:
Tom was the first to 50, courtesy of 43 points which consisted of 3 tries and 14 conversions in a 113 – 7 shellacking of Penrith for a total of 50 points in 3rd grade for the season so far. This also takes Tom to 211 for his career. Those 43 points may be a club record for a player in any one grade. If anyone out there knows of a better effort please let us know.
Not to be outdone Oli brought up 58 points for the season in 2nd grade by way of 2 tries, 4 conversions and 2 penalty goals for a total of 24 points and a career total of 61.
The way these two are scoring they should reach 100+ points for the season.

sidelinesid

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I, for one will be lodging a complaint with the council.
If we can get some numbers doing the same we may get a change of attitude in the future.
It impacts heavily on Wicks bottom line.

Imagine - Arguably The best known rugby club is at the whim of a council attitude.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
While there is little cover from rain at Coogee Oval, there is none at Latham (or at most clubs #2 grounds).

The spectator count for lower grades is almost nil (when adjusted to subtract those spectators who have a family relationship with the players - parents, siblings and girlfriends, and team and club officials), so no great loss in gate revenue.

AussieDominance

Trevor Allan (34)
While there is little cover from rain at Coogee Oval, there is none at Latham (or at most clubs #2 grounds).

The spectator count for lower grades is almost nil (when adjusted to subtract those spectators who have a family relationship with the players - parents, siblings and girlfriends, and team and club officials), so no great loss in gate revenue.

Incorrect statement at these games I guarantee a limited amount of supporters do turn up who are supporting lower grades they are also buying food and drinks from the canteen and other club items. The count you refer to in family also provides reasonable revenue.

There is also the matter of paying for two ground hires.

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
I would have thought that the most important consideration is one of principle.
Whilst I don't know all the contributing facts here,I think that shunting off the traditional & historical
users of the ground to accommodate some casual organisation's needs is wrong & if it is a council
decision, reflects poorly on that body & their view of the Randwick club.
Could the "Mungos" not have used Latham park or some other ,instead?

sidelinesid

Jimmy Flynn (14)
A cold day at Latham with two games on the top paddock and second grade on the bottom followed by a short drive for first grade at coogee. -
Note to Council-
1.Coogee did not look that bad.
2. Either allow at least two grades or none.
3. Trust Mungos will only be allowed one game on sunday.

Back to the games.
Fourths Wicks got up 20 - 15 after quite a torrid affair where wicks almost got suckered into playing into Wests hands. Great play from Winks and Kingston and Taighe
Thirds played a smart game taking points whenever they could through the boot of Hiddlestone. The continual ticking over of points by wick played on Wests minds and though they were in it all over the ground, especially at the breakdown, they could not get to points. Final score 22-7
Second grade went to the lower paddock and won handsomely 44-6. To be fair ,Wests were right in it with twenty to go. Wicks punished them with speed and running out wide especially in the latter stages. Bannon is always a pleasure to watch in flight and in the forwards Harris had a good game and scored a try.

First Grade started well and had good intent to get up 8 zip. They then seemed to relax and within minutes Wests scored and then scored again. Wests have some very good talent and are electric in the backs especially out wide, this coupled with good work at the breakdown enabled them to outflank Wicks a number of times getting a try on the half time bell.
Munro got a yellow for trying to slow the ball.
Score at the half 19 -8 to Wests
The second half started much like the first with Wicks having the better intent allowing them a try within five minutes 19-15.
Again after ten or so minutes the intensity relaxed and Wests got back on attack.
West sent a runner up out wide in defence pressurising the Wicks backline. The backline started to feel this pressure and finally gave an intercept which after a few hard hitups allowed Wests another try out wide. 26-15
Wests looked the more dangerous with ball in hand and their breakdown work paid dividends with Wests hard on attack and looking like finishing the stronger. Wicks rallied and after some good work by Ford where he shredded the line , Wicks scored under the posts 26-22.
Wests attacked again and with seconds to go Harvey tried for a drop goal ( as he did in previous years).
The score stayed at 26-22 in Wests favour.
Wicks were not crisp in attack and though they had some very good individual moments they need to maintain their intensity.

pstoe

Frank Nicholson (4)
2 key call outs from me with 1s. Forwards -Because of the size difference in forwards, we had to commit more players at every breakdown. Physically we just do not have enough big players who are ball carriers and cannot mix it with teams like that. Backs - putting a player straight from league into the 12 spot was not a good decision. This reduced options and wide patterns. There was clearly no alternate playmaker when nicholson was in rucks. The expansive game requires 2 playmakers at 10,12 or 10, 15. I can't see a win against SD if we don't sort this out. Rees - Hole had a great game against Penrith but I think against better opposition he won't get as much space. I think trying a combination of Nicholson (10) and Horwitz(12) has to be considered? Thoughts anyone

Status
Not open for further replies.