• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

G&GR Fantasy Super Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

AkRiD

Allen Oxlade (6)
All right..... here we go. Another week.
Looking for a big one this week, after dropping down to 70 after sitting at 35 just 3 rounds ago.

Only two forced changes this week in WP Nel and W. Steenkamp.
Think I will bring in JC Janse Van JC DuP Vander Van Rensburg, whatever his name is (the bloke from the Lions).
Looking at lock, have to say Hugh Pyle has been looking the goods, although I'm not sure how productive he will be against a quality Blues side, so I'll probably go with Sykes instead, unless anyone wishes to swade me otherwise (opinions appreciated) :)

I can finally get rid of that waste of space in F. Du Preez, although he'll probably have a blinder against the Force now. I'll bring in Mathewson purely because they're playing the Rebels at home. Also I think i'll get rid of Beale this week and bring in Toeava (make him captain too), reckon he will tear the Rebs to shreds (he better:angryfire:).

There we are, my changes for this week.. ahhhhhh.

Better have a good one, striving to reach the top 50 again, still got the wildcard in hand, but holding out for the hustle and bustle of rounds 13,14 and 15.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
All right..... here we go. Another week.
Looking for a big one this week, after dropping down to 70 after sitting at 35 just 3 rounds ago.

Only two forced changes this week in WP Nel and W. Steenkamp.
Think I will bring in JC Janse Van JC DuP Vander Van Rensburg, whatever his name is (the bloke from the Lions).
Looking at lock, have to say Hugh Pyle has been looking the goods, although I'm not sure how productive he will be against a quality Blues side, so I'll probably go with Sykes instead, unless anyone wishes to swade me otherwise (opinions appreciated) :)

I can finally get rid of that waste of space in F. Du Preez, although he'll probably have a blinder against the Force now. I'll bring in Mathewson purely because they're playing the Rebels at home. Also I think i'll get rid of Beale this week and bring in Toeava (make him captain too), reckon he will tear the Rebs to shreds (he better:angryfire:).

There we are, my changes for this week.. ahhhhhh.

Better have a good one, striving to reach the top 50 again, still got the wildcard in hand, but holding out for the hustle and bustle of rounds 13,14 and 15.

Probably four weeks too late on FdP, though I don't know what other changes you had to make. I had him for too long too. Unless you think the Rebels will go better than the Tahs, which I personally doubt, then ditch the Rebels players and buy Blues, particularly backs. That's my tuppence worth.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
A few Blues related musings this week.

I have benched Poki (playing the Saders) for Payne, but am seriously considering bribing in Rene Ranger for Payne or Schmoo.

At halfback I am thinking of doing a one week swap of Pretorius (bye) for Mathewson.

I have benched Big Mac (Saders) for Myth, on suspicion of a butt fucking of the Clan scrum.

Finally, for something non-Blues, I might sub Gits (bye) for Dan Carter but am worried Carter might pull out (or might not if you're female, heh) or might only play 50 odd minutes. Not sure on what other non-Blues inside back to consider...currently I have Ice, Gits and Bieber and Gits has gotta go.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
And also, the iPhone is bad enough to use on this forum with it screwing up my typing (it, not me, honestly!). But trying to use that abortion of a mobile fantasy rugby site...seriously I just switched back to the normal site on my iPhone and found that to be better.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Read, SBW, Flynn and Maitland have been rested from the Saders this week.

Carter and McCaw both out as well.

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
now the highlanders aren't playing thomson, poki, or treeby. slade injured. macintosh still in. rutledge on bench.

it's a conspiracy i tells ya!

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
That ruins the fiendish grand plan I spent the whole week working on. Back to the drawing board.

I just transferred SBW out and Payne in. I think he will be fairly in demand now the changes have been made and the Blues are facing the Rebs at home.

Which leaves me with two more changes to make (brought in Ice for Fourie yesterday). One will have to be in the inside backs, but who? I have Kurtley and Ice at the moment, but there is no other real standout that springs to mind. May take JOC (James O'Connor) who will get a decent go against the Bulls at home.

So with my last transfer I have a dilemma. Do I:

a) Bring in a prop for Alexander, giving me a full starting side but a weak backrow (Saffy, Robinson, Vito)

OR

b) Bring in a strong backrower (thinking Alberts for Saffy) and leave Alexander, so I have an incomplete side but a high-scoring backrow.

Probably leaning towards b at the moment, considering a prop will normally contribute about 10-20, but the difference between a good backrower and a bad backrower can be 20-30.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
now the highlanders aren't playing thomson, poki, or treeby. slade injured. macintosh still in. rutledge on bench.

it's a conspiracy i tells ya!

This is a real problem this year, the length of the season makes it a lot more common than in previous years, and the late announcements make it worse! Back to the drawing board...

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Heh, it's about time I get to use my bench. Just be thankful we actually have a bench, in league they don't so anyone who doesn't play you just get 0.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Bismark out as well.
Sorry bout the team lists - busy day at work and didn't get a chance. Hopefully will sort it tomorrow.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Pretty tempted to bring in Bro Ranger for SBW. Think a lot of people will be going for Payne, he's a slightly safer choice, but I've got a feeling Ranger will absolutely carve up against the Rebels. Think a couple of risks like this will have to happen if I want to move up at all, let alone stay in the fantasy cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.