• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

G&GR Fantasy Rugby Competition 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Oh well....here we go....whattaya rekon??

Screen shot 2012-05-18 at 4.05.27 PM.png

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
PROPS: Pek Cowan & Coenie (Res: Sona)
HOOKER: Bismarck Du Plessis (Res: Ged Robinson)
LOCKS: Canes duo of Eaton & Thrush (Res: Brodie Retallick)
BACKROW: Kolisi, CJ Stander, Hooper (Res: Pocock)
SCRUMMIE: Francois Hougaard - CAPT (Res: Brendan McKibbin)
INSIDE BACKS: Adam Whitelock, Andrew Smith, Robbie Fruean (Res: Aaron Cruden)
OUTSIDE BACKS: Andre Taylor, Israel Dagg, Dom Shipperley (Res: Zac Guildford)

In the bank: $405, 000 (fantasy, not real :()

Adam Whitelock is listed as an inside center but is playing on the wing. He is one of two smokeys, the other is Andrew Smith.

Now, given my up & down luck thus far here is the prediction of what will probably happen.

Pek: Has a shocker come scrum time, gives away multiple penalties.

Coenie: Has his drink bottle spiked with pure polish spirit "Spirytus rektyfikowany" before the game & finds himself running in the opposite direction most of the match.​
Bismarck Du Plessis: Gets benched only 10min into the game for some weird reason that no one can understand.​

Eaton & Thrush: Run into each other & simultaneously knock each other out. Both stretched from the field.

Backrow: All my on field players have quiet games while Pocock, on my bench, does exactly what Braveheart81 predicted he would do, he'll be MOTM & probably receive some kind of bravery medal from the PM.

Scrummie: Hougaard gets yellow carded, then Red carded. Double negative score for me.

My Saders players Adam Whitelock, Robbie Freuan, Israel Dagg, & Zac Guildford: Back line woes of last week continue but for some reason Zac Guildford, on my bench scores multi tries & has a blinder.

Andrew Smith: Doesnt get enough good ball from other backs inside him, quiet game.

Andre Taylor: Has to leave field, sick.

Dom Shipperley: Wrong winger, Digby will get all the tries.

......you heard it here first.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Wildcard played.

OUT
Dagg, Pocock, Leibenberg, Gear, Tom Taylor, Sam Carter

IN
Digby, Speight, Andrew Smith, Moore, S Whitelock, that big bloke that plays 6 for the Bulls

Think the fact that Carter scored tonight shows just how disastrous those transfers will be. But when your languishing in he high 100s in GAGR comp you get desparate towards the end and picking the same players as everyone else wont help me catch up..

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Erm Bullrush... Charlie Faumuina is out for 6 months with a torn calf muscle in case you missed it!

I did miss that....fortunately I had Alexander on the bench :)

Taking Sam carter ended up ebing a masterstroke as well.......Pisi on the other hand

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
He didn't score multi tries but benching Zac Guildford against the Blues, my reaction now that I've watched the game :eek:. He already has 50, the score may grow.

PierreA

Frank Row (1)
By the Friday cut off time of 17h20 Pat Lambie was named to play in the Sharks side so I selected him. Late Saturday he was pulled from the team! Does this mean I will have my reserve's (Joe Pietersen) points added to my final score?

A

AlexH

What a difference a good captain selection makes. Now ranked 37th in GAGR; a season high.

A

AlexH

Sona Taumalolo is not in the starting XV this week. He has the ability to score big off the bench though so I am considering having him run on for me this week.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
Couple of things that I am unsure what to do......

Should I bench Sharpie for Etzebeth?
Out of Andrew Smith & Tomane - who should be warming the bench?
Should I sway Ben Smith & Shippers?

Fantsay.JPG

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
My team for this week:

Prop: Oosthuizen (c), Taumalolo (Cowan - tough choice as Taumalolo is on the bench but have taken a punt that he will still outscore Cowan)
Hooker: du Plessis (Liebenberg - tough choice as they are playing each other. Last week Liebenberg scored very high)
Lock: Sharpe, Retallick (Pyle - again, tough choice to leave Pyle on the bench)
Backrow: Thomson, Luke Braid, CJ Stander (Coetzee - tough choice again, but Sharks will have a tough game against Stormers)
HB: Hougaard (White)
IB: Cruden, Ellison, Grant (Andrew Smith)
OB: Beale, Lambie, Taylor (Kingston)

Still have one transfer available if I want to use it.

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
Sucker, I would bench Etzbeth, Smith and Shippers... Sharpie and Tomane are going to have a blinder this weekend and Smith is due

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Couple of things that I am unsure what to do......

Should I bench Sharpie for Etzebeth?
Out of Andrew Smith & Tomane - who should be warming the bench?
Should I sway Ben Smith & Shippers?

View attachment 2368

I also deliberated over swapping Sharpie for Etzebeth. I went for Sharpe. Therefore, I would usually suggest that you pick Etzebeth. However, my team has recently had a resurgence in both form and being free from injury. :)

I did resort to checking the points history of both players when deciding my selections this morning. Both are incredibly good, however, Sharpie has been much more consistent overall. My verdict is to go for Sharpie. As this advice is coming from me though, choose Sharpie at your own peril!

FazzDog

Frank Nicholson (4)
G'day to all - been reading the GGRF posts and playing Fox Fantasy S15 for years now and finally figure I should have my say. Thought I'd put my team up and also some rationale behind my choices as I seem to think I'm going to be right...however my round scores end up saying otherwise!

OH! and not that I'm really into League but UP THE MAROONS!

Round 14 Squad
Props: C. Oosthuizen, T. Mtawarira. RES: J. Toomaga-Allen
(Coenie is always strong. Gonna have a punt with the BEAST as Sharks want this win big and Sona is benched).
Hooker: S. Moore (C). RES: C.Flynn (Moore loves a home game, tempted to swap out for Bismark but will have too many Sharks).
Locks: S. Carter, N. Sharpe. RES: L. Jones
(Carter is in form and should do well at home. Sharpie will have a blinder in the line-out against the Lions who only seem to have individuals doing well).
Backrow: A. Thompson, L. Messam, M. Coetzee. RES: S. Kolisi
(Thompson and Messam = $$ but well worth-it. As for Coetzee he's too good for his cost so an easy choice).
Scrum Half: TJ Perenara. RES; T. Kerr-Barlow
(TJ is finding form and has been my SH since day dot - gonna maintain for Rebels)
Inside Backs: F. Michalak, A. Cruden, J. Tomane. RES: R. Fruen
(Cruden and Tomane I love. Michalak I feel is a gamble but see the experience against the Stormers could result in a big round).
Outside Backs: A. Pakalani, K. Beale, P. Lambie. RES: Z.Guildford
(Pakalani is another gamble but he loves a step and a solo run and the Cheetahs backs have poor defence. Beale and Lambie are easy slots but I'm not loving Lambie at Fullback - any tips here?)

Let's just remember I am not doing so well - 123 in GGRF league so looking to take some gambles and put some big numbers up this round after 4 weeks of under 400 rounds!

All the best to those playing this weekend.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Welcome aboard FazzDog. Some interesting selections you have there. Good to see that you also have Moore as your skipper. :)

I have noticed that GAGR has slipped to 2 in the league ranking. I would blame SFR, but she has more points than me overall. However, in the last few weeks I have moved up almost 30 spots! Anyway, here are The Last Hard Men for this week:

rd14.jpg

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
Welcome Fazz, I would start Kerr-barlow at 9. He is a point machine when he starts (which hasnt happened much of late) and he is starting this weekend. The rest looks excellent, a cracking score this weekend it looks like

Status
Not open for further replies.