• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

G&GR Fantasy Rugby Competition 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AlexH

Well, Dom Shipperly is making an appearance in my team this week because I need to replace the injured Treeby who is quite an expensive bench warmer. Shipperly is cheap and consistently scoring in the twenty point range so he is a handy substitute. I will be starting him this week though because he is playing the Lions.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
fan.jpg

1. Was tempted to throw Quade in but Digby was a safer bet for Dagg.
2. Moore in for Liebenberg.
3. Speight in for Gear so i could afford the above two.
4. Higgers love for some captaincy action.
5. Benched Pocock. Been a bit off and i think he needs to decide his future ala Genia earlier in the season.

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
Here is where I am for the week. Keep Carter after his 2 points last week. Hopefully starting at 10 and resuming kicking duties will turn things around there. CJ Stander in to the mix and Lambie in the outside backs. Fingers crossed I can climb back up the list this week.
fantasy.png

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
3aa3afb9-b449-6da0.jpg
ive gone for quade to put Fainga'a through holes so they are both in the team. and also went for Nalaga. He has been looking for the ball more in the past 3 weeks and is starting to score better. Im picking him to do a david smith and fire in the ass end of the season. Was tempted with Dom but i have to start making a move and heaps of people would of picked him

So SBW out for Quade, Cruden out for Fainga'a and Peterson out for Nalaga

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
ive gone for quade to put Fainga'a through holes so they are both in the team. and also went for Nalaga. He has been looking for the ball more in the past 3 weeks and is starting to score better. Im picking him to do a david smith and fire in the ass end of the season. Was tempted with Dom but i have to start making a move and heaps of people would of picked him

So SBW out for Quade, Cruden out for Fainga'a and Peterson out for Nalaga

Quade will only play 20-30mins mate. I think the Reds are just putting him out there to sell some tickets...

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I agree that Quade is unlikely to play more than a half.

I also doubt he'll play overly well. I think he'll be nervous as all hell and play a fairly reserved game without taking too many risks.

I can't imagine we'll see him attempt any massive steps.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Team for this week:

P: Oosthuizen, Cowan (res: Taumololo)
H: du Plessis (C) (res: Liebenberg)
L: Pyle, Sharpe (res: Retallick)
BR: Coetzee, Thomson, Stander (res: L Braid)
HB: Hougaard (res: White)
IB: Fruean, Ellison, Grant (res: Cruden)
OB: Lambie, A Taylor, Joe Pieterson (res: Kingston)

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I am very close to using my wildcard...but am holding back a few weeks. I want to change around my hookers, locks, inside backs and outside backs, but can wait still for a few weeks.

Alexander, Connie (c), res: Taumololololololo
Strauss, res: Hanson
Horwill, Pyle, res: Etzebeth
Higgers, Pocock, Thomson, res: Kolisi
McKibbin, res: Perenara
Steyn, Fruean, Ellison, res: Hobbs (will probably switch for Ellison)
Gear, Taylor, Shipperly, res: Mogg

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Strauss should be good this week (as per most weeks). I'd expect the Sharks vs Cheetahs game to be high scoring (both in fantasy and real terms).

I dropped Pocock this week. His form has been bad and I had to get rid of him to free up cash to change my inside backs around. Beaudan Barrett getting benched is annoying as it meant I had to trade him out!

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
If I had some more trades, or the desire to use my wildcard, I'd probably look at Lambie for the week, along with Harris, and would definitely pick up Hougaard. Dumping Pocock for Coetzee would also be really tempting.

I reckon I'd keep Shipperley this week, he has a great chance to score big vs the Lions. My criticism of Shipperley is that he probably doesn't get involved enough off his wing, but that will come with time. Ioane would be the pick of the Reds outside backs, as he likes to get involved and can score big vs teams who fall off tackles.

Status
Not open for further replies.