• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

G&GR Fantasy Rugby Competition 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
You can take Lille out I think. But interesting the two leaders both got injured a week after each other.

Wonder if Red Baron made them Captain

Was tempted to make Lilo captain, but decided against it. My captaincy woes finally came to an end with the installation of Stephen Moore as my skipper.

Unfortunately, Moore has the bye this week. I will have to find myself an interim captain.. SFR, who is your captain this week?

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
11-5.jpg

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
I have to swap out Lilo... I currently have Ellison and Fruean. Any tips lads? I am thiking Cruden but Chiefs havent announced their team

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I was thinking of bringing in Cruden as he is in great form however the Chiefs have a bye next week so it is only a one round solution. Will also depend on how many other Chiefs players you currently have.

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
I have three chiefs so it might be worth looking outside their team. Maybe Dan Carter seeing they are playing the Rebs... Thoughts?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Yeah, I'll probably pick up a Crusader for Lilo. I'll sort my team out during lunch, so I can let you know what I decide shortly!

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
Was tempted to make Lilo captain, but decided against it. My captaincy woes finally came to an end with the installation of Stephen Moore as my skipper.

Unfortunately, Moore has the bye this week. I will have to find myself an interim captain.. SFR, who is your captain this week?

Never you mind.... At least we know Moore can't be injured this week. ;)

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Current team is:

P: Oesthuizen,Taumaloloo
H: Bismarck du Plessis (C)
L: Retallick, Sharpe
BR: Pocock, CJ Stander, Thomson (reserve Coetzee. Was unsure who to leave out)
HB: Hougaard
IB: Cruden, Fruean, Barrett
OB: Andre Taylor, Lambie, Joe Pietersen

I forgot that I put Cruden in last week so I already had him. Only transfer so far was Fruean in for Lealiifano.

With 3 Chiefs players, I have already committed most of my transfers for next week (although have Pyle on the bench so Retallick can just be benched).

Was a tough choice for who should be captain. Went for Bismarck against the Force. The other potential was Fruean against the Rebels although if the Crusaders play as badly as they did last week, they might not score too many points. That being said, they could play more like they did against the Tahs and score a bunch of tries.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Needlessly to say, anyone notice that most teams have the same props and locks...kudos to those who picked them in the first couple of rounds...

Fair to say that whilst teams are starting to look similar across the board, the difference would be selecting the captain each week...have transferred in Peter Grant and made him captain.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Stuffed up big time in selecting Liebenberg in my team, leaving Dane Coles of Hurricanes on bench, hadn't checked to make sure he was in the run on side for Stormers, alas not, scored zero points whilst Coles scored 38...waaah...

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
And the reds are the first to name their team this week. Wondering if their tardiness over the last few weeks have been trying to determine the availability of QC (Quade Cooper).

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Stuffed up big time in selecting Liebenberg in my team, leaving Dane Coles of Hurricanes on bench, hadn't checked to make sure he was in the run on side for Stormers, alas not, scored zero points whilst Coles scored 38...waaah...

You think that's bad, I completely forgot to reinstate Taumalolo into my starting XV. So he was on the bench while my main pick Benny Robbo scored only 8.

Difference of 50-odd points. Very costly error.

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
You think that's bad, I completely forgot to reinstate Taumalolo into my starting XV. So he was on the bench while my main pick Benny Robbo scored only 8.

Difference of 50-odd points. Very costly error.

I feel your pain Baabaa. I thought I was doing something genius by buying Dan Carter over Cruden for my inside backs. Against the Rebels, surely a big score for the Cru! Alas, DC scored an impressive 2 points for the game, leaving me dropping like a rock down the G&GR ladder. From 3 to 13 in two weeks!

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Hey, I went from 23 to 49 in one week, thanks also to picking TKB before the Chiefs were named, and having CJ Stander, Ben Robbo and Pat Lambie (my captain) both leaving the field at or before half time in their respective games.

Status
Not open for further replies.