• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

France v Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Chris McKivat (8)
the articles about it said that they are mates from Moore Park (the Tahs & Roosters did some combined sessions this year apparently)
Further to that,the article I saw said they had planned to go on a trip to the USA together but Cheika's new job altered their plans somewhat,so Robinson decide to follow his mate.

chasmac

Dave Cowper (27)
French to find some heart now they are back in the Northern Hemisphere.
Dockyard Brawl style of game with Simmons and Maas in the bin over some lineout shennanigans.
Wallabies concede another penalty try.
Wallabies win after the bell with a well constructed try after 12 phases to Hodgo from 2m out.
MOM S Kepu.
Refereee; Massively biased and obviously paid in Francs. :)

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Speaking of referees, we've got:

Nigel Owens with the whistle, Wayne Barnes and Marius Mitrea running the touchlines and Graham Hughes on the TMO.

BDA

Jim Lenehan (48)
Wallabies just need a fast start. If they can score a few early tries, the French won't trouble them

Going to be under serious pressure in the scrum. We chose a much bigger, stronger pack in the June series and we still struggled to hold our own in the scrums. Like last week Im worried that Cheika has gone too lightweight. I'd actually play a bit of territory against the French. Keep the ball out of the wallabies 20 at all costs.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Going to be under serious pressure in the scrum. We chose a much bigger, stronger pack in the June series and we still struggled to hold our own in the scrums. Like last week I worried that Cheika has gone too lightweight. I'd actually play a bit of territory against the French. Keep the ball out of the wallabies 20 at all costs.

Worried about this too, we should be about 35kgs lighter than the first 2 French Tests.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Just read an article from Chekia saying the whole squad will get a chance this tour, so expect him to get a run at some stage.

Well Tom English and Tetera Faulkner have had theirs. Godwin, Jones, Speight, Quade, JMR & To'omua to go.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Not a good thing having Nigel. He gave England a dodgy penalty try and heavily penalised NZ's defensive maul. France are going to pummel us in this area.

BDA

Jim Lenehan (48)
agreed. hopefully none of that will matter tho. If our attack clicks we'll run in enough tries to make up for the pummelling

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Speaking of referees, we've got:

Nigel Owens with the whistle, Wayne Barnes and Marius Mitrea running the touchlines and Graham Hughes on the TMO.

I hope that Owens referees as he did in Cape Town when the Wallabies played there, and lost, than when he refereed in Mendoza a week later and the Wallabies lost.

I thought he had a great game in the first, but made some goofy decisions in the second.

Mind you (and not to the point) but it was time that the Pumas got the rub of the green against us.

Which Nigel will show up in Paris?

Spieber

Bob Loudon (25)
I hope that Owens referees as he did in Cape Town when the Wallabies played there, and lost, than when he refereed in Mendoza a week later and the Wallabies lost.

I thought he had a great game in the first, but made some goofy decisions in the second.

Mind you (and not to the point) but it was time that the Pumas got the rub of the green against us.

Which Nigel will show up in Paris?

As long as he is happy in his world. (EDIT ie the referreeing world)

MrTabua

Larry Dwyer (12)
As for the French, Teddy Thomas, great name!

Not as good as Jean Condom (Condom has come off, circa 90s Ballymore!!) but still memorable.

MrTabua

Larry Dwyer (12)
Course I saw it :)

However, I have a problem with all the focus on refs. Too easy too blame refs.

All the good games Owens has officiated are forgotten too easily. (Not to mention I thought he was fine last week.)

I also have a great admiration for him personally, which is secondary to my judgement of his reffing.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
We are about to be led into the "promised land" by Skelton, Hodgson, and (apparently, in the next test) by Mr K Beale!!

I keep looking out my kitchen window, and can't see any extra date palms!
I'm sure they will appear soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.