• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

France v Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I thought Higgers was epic in that Bled 3 match. He has a bit of mongrel and tons of ability, Chiek should be able to get the best out of him.

Happy to see mcmahon get another go in the test, he made a few clangers but his overall performance was good. His height (lack there of) is worrying but at 20 years of age he has plenty of potential and ticker.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
While he doesn't have the ability to easily play in the centres like Horne, Speight has gone out of flavour quickly. So much hype. I'll put my cynic's hat on and ask if his cap against the Baa Baas has locked him in to the Wallabies for good?

But you also don't know Henry, if you think he won't stay and fight for a wallabies spot, everything he does is about being loyal, and playing the best for the Brumbies so he could become a Wallaby. He didn't wait 4 years to not get a chance.

His the most talented winger in Oz, and when he gets his shot he will do fine. BarBar's game was his 2nd game back since injury and in the NRC he looked really bad.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
But you also don't know Henry, if you think he won't stay and fight for a wallabies spot, everything he does is about being loyal, and playing the best for the Brumbies so he could become a Wallaby. He didn't wait 4 years to not get a chance.

His the most talented winger in Oz, and when he gets his shot he will do fine. BarBar's game was his 2nd game back since injury and in the NRC he looked really bad.

I wasn't being cynical about Speight - I've got nothing but positive things to say about him. Just musing that the ARU might cap him to officially lock him into Australian representation.

As for the team v France, I hope the tight five dish up some dominance in contact and at scrum time and I really hope some of the misalignments in defence have been ironed out.

I'm a little concerned about the backrow's capacity to dent tacklers. McMahon and Hooper can bust through tackles, but neither is particularly effective in tight.

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
Hopefully Speight gets a run at least on the bench next week... I feel like he deserves more of a shot. The guy just has a tonne of heart to back up his incredible speed and power.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Hopefully Speight gets a run at least on the bench next week. I feel like he deserves more of a shot. The guy just has a tonne of heart to back up his incredible speed and power.
Just read an article from Chekia saying the whole squad will get a chance this tour, so expect him to get a run at some stage.

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
Just read an article from Chekia saying the whole squad will get a chance this tour, so expect him to get a run at some stage.

That might inlcude the Barbarians game though, still it means that Godwin, Jones and English are going to get a go. Can't think of anyone else.

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
Krisnan Inu former rugby league player now at Stade Francais trained with the Wallabies this week... Who wants to guess what this means? 0 points for saying it's meaningless.

T

Train Without a Station

Krisnan Inu former rugby league player now at Stade Francais trained with the Wallabies this week. Who wants to guess what this means? 0 points for saying it's meaningless.

OMG the ARU is going to offer him a top up contract? What a joke. Barely even played the game. I'm sure there's some bloke playing on the wing for Gordon 3rds that they'd be better off investing in!

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
Krisnan Inu former rugby league player now at Stade Francais trained with the Wallabies this week. Who wants to guess what this means? 0 points for saying it's meaningless.

Trent Robinson also attended training... what does that tell us?

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
That might inlcude the Barbarians game though, still it means that Godwin, Jones and English are going to get a go. Can't think of anyone else.

Probably not against England. If so, would have thought the French would have been the best team to bring them on

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)

Perhaps TGC wanted to bring a fresh approach to training, or to have the lads talk to someone who knows the quirks of the players in the French team. Having coached there for 3 years I'm sure he's using his insiders knowledge to the benefit of the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.