• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Force vs B&I Lions - Wed. 5 Jun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Cian Healy goes down with a knee or ankle injury.

Ouch. That could be the end the tour for him.

If it is an ACL gone, he is up for 6 months rehab. Poor bastard.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Force going alright here.
Sean O'Brien is looking great at 7 or the Lions, they have to have him starting somewhere in the back row.

Also how good is it not having to listen to the Aussie commentators, loving the British commentary

Stuart Barnes isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I do prefer the format of a dedicated play caller plus one former player for flavour.

SOB has been excellent so far. But back row is very competitive and there's only 2 spots with Warburton as captain.

Really hoping Healy is OK.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
The thing I love about these commentators is that they know their shit. They know more about these Force players then the Australians do. They referenced Hugh Roach's promise, and were able to correctly analyse Ed Stubbs defensive reads based on previous matches. Just mentioned Sam Christies past as well.

Meanwhile Phil Kearns stumbled his way through the names of the Lions forward pack. I bet he couldn't tell you what club Sean O'Brien plays for.

Fuck, I hate Australian commentators.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Stuart Barnes isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I do prefer the format of a dedicated play caller plus one former player for flavour.

SOB has been excellent so far. But back row is very competitive and there's only 2 spots with Warburton as captain.

Really hoping Healy is OK.

You would think Healy is gone after what looks like a very bad knee injury.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Healy off on the trolley. Early days but doesn't look good for the rest of the tour for him.

After the stopage Halfpenny slots a penalty to make it 20-3.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Tom Croft in, in the corner, after the hooter. 25-3 conversion to come from Halfpenny from the same touchline as the BOD try.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Just a matter of time before the Lions went in again.

Lions stretching the Force by moving Gilbert around faster than the Force could re-orient their defence.

Seems like the Force heard the 1/2 time siren and switched off immediately.

Oranges Now: 27 - 3 to the Lions.

Force have been competitive for brief periods but have lacked the ability to maintain the concentration for extended periods.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Halfpenny slots again with ease. 27-3 halftime score. Healy injury the big talking point. Also a possible citing for him if he did indeed bite Sheehan.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Glen Jackson is a tool. All of these offside calls when the half back clearly has his hands on the ball. The force need to 80% possession to have a better crack because the lions are just warming up. I would hope so anyway, because the lions are playing pretty shit.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Halfpenny slots again with ease. 27-3 halftime score. Healy injury the big talking point. Also a possible citing for him if he did indeed bite Sheehan.
It's not going to mater. I doubt he will play again this year. I think sheehans arm raked across his teeth. You would hope so anyway.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
The lions try's have been very similar to the last game. Just dummies. Poor defence.

I would of thought the score would be 40 - 0 t half time so its not all bad for the force B team

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
The reality is that the Lions should be up by 40 points had they taken all their opportunities.

They will benefit from this match as they blow the cobwebs away.

I think they are kicking the ball away a little too much. A more experienced counter attack will take advantage of this.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
And in other news apparently the NSW mungo captain can land 2 punches and a swinging arm on someone and stay on the field. Game is a fucking joke.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
When the Force aren't dominating possession or territory, we really struggle. Hopefully we win the 'stats' in the second half and/or at least front up in defence ;)

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
A pretty solid passage by the force in the middle of that half, just some simple errors gifting possession back to the lions. The force scrum has looked good, but the line out terribad. The lions pretty dominant though through weight of possession.

Hope the force hang onto the ball a bit more in the second half.

Status
Not open for further replies.