• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Force vs B&I Lions - Wed. 5 Jun

Status
Not open for further replies.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Lions look to be taking it easy trying to get combos working. If they keep up this possession rate the score will quickly blow out.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
"Biting allegation - 3 phases back" says Ref Jackson to TMO.

Thought that the TMO was only allowed to go back two phases.

Leave it for the judiciary and the super slo-mo replays that the lawyers will produce. Get on with the game.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Force scrum looked solid but you get the feeling that the tourists aren't really giving it their all.

B&I Lions game plan seems to have a lot of chip and chase in it.

Not sure that this will win tests.

20 minutes gone. Score 10 Lions - 0 WA.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
And going for the line-out & not the 3, friggen awesome (no sarcasm, genuinely pleased). Lions come up with it though.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
The KPI for the 2001 WA team against the Lions according to their coach was to score two tries.

The previous best WA score was 3 points.

The 2001 WA team were touched up by a large score but they got their brace of meat pies against the Lions.

Everyone was the winner. Who says dirt tracker games are worth nothing?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
And while I've been typing on another thread, WA get a 3 pointer, and B O'D replies almost from the kickoff with a meat pie in the far corner.
Referred to the TMO but ruled OK.

Shove Ha'penny adds the extras from the touch line. Lions 17 Force 3. 34 minutes gone.

Trivia. B O'D scored at Perth on debut for the Lions back in 2001.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
BOD in at the corner for try no. 2 to the Lions. Nice interplay tight to the touchline by the Lions.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Force going alright here.
Sean O'Brien is looking great at 7 or the Lions, they have to have him starting somewhere in the back row.

Also how good is it not having to listen to the Aussie commentators, loving the British commentary

Status
Not open for further replies.