• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Force vs B&I Lions - Wed. 5 Jun

Status
Not open for further replies.

gold heart

Ted Fahey (11)
is that the same Clive Woodward who toured a no name england squad to Australia in 98 and got done 76-0?
Yes and it is the same guy that headed up the 05 lions with 300 plus in the touring party to make sure that he could play a second and third string side in the mid week games :)

Mank

Ted Thorn (20)
despite all the bleating, no-one is going to remember the minor fixtures. The Tests are The Tests are The Tests. and we need to do all we can to win the Tests.

This is not true. I remember when the emerging Springboks drew with the BILs in 2009. I also remember how my team (Natal Sharks) were embarrassing in their 39 - 3 loss. I also remember with horror how two, read that, two English club sides beat the Springbok midweek team in a tour a few years ago. I bet the club sides remember it even more.

Midweek games have history. They are a chance to make history. If my team was in a position for a place in the play offs, I would be ok with playing a weakened team, but otherwise no.

Having said that, the teams that beat the Springbok As were slightly weakened club sides.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
despite all the bleating, no-one is going to remember the minor fixtures. The Tests are The Tests are The Tests. and we need to do all we can to win the Tests.

If the Tour is all so god-awful important, we should never have been playing Super Rugby teams in the same week as the Tour Fixtures - but we are, and so thats just the way it is.

If the situation were reversed, the Brits would be doing exactly the same thing.

The players and their families will NEVER forget this match regardless of the score.

Tackennut

Bob McCowan (2)
folk,

can you please feed through the updates after it starts. would appreciate it I'm stuck in emergency Ward waiting for other half to get seen to.

thanks
go force

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk 2

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Did I hear Clarkie say "the brits have arrived". Lol, nice one Clarkie that'll piss off the Irish in the squad more than anything. I don't think he meant it though, sounded like it was a mistake. :D

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Woodward doesn't hold much weight in a Lions context after the disaster that was 2005, the guy never really got the Lions ethos. However Mr Lions, Ian McGeechan, just said on Sky Sports coverage that it was disrespectful to the Lions.

Really looking forward to kick off, obviously hoping for a Lions win, but hope the Force perform a lot better than the furor about their team selection would suggest.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
BOD leads the Lions out on the pitch and it really feels like the tour has finally started. Really excited after all the build up this year.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
B&I Lions commentary available if you press the red button (for those at home on Foxtel who may not have seen the logo come up).

And Go the Force!!!

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Just a warm up game, but at kick off I had as many butterflies as a crucial RWC game. to me that's what's special about the Lions.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
3-0 Lions Halfpenny with an easy penalty from dead centre. some big gaps in the Force defence in the opening minutes.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
The Force scrum is at parity with the Lions scrum. Unbelievable!!
And it's certainly not a blowout with 3-0 to lions at 10 minutes.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Well, so far CTM hasn't lived up to any of the hype he's received on here.

Ed Stubbs is looking pretty good so far.

Force forwards are doing a pretty good job so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.