• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Force v Rebels - Friday the 7th of July

Status
Not open for further replies.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
Glad its every game and not just this one.

The ref was just poor, but the two runt of Australian rugby are never going to get a good ref.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

I don't think he was that bad made. The breakdown was a dog's breakfast, but generally the attacking team got to keep the ball (even if perhaps they deserved some penalty advantages).

The ref has to create a spectacle, and in professional rugby he could blow up every ruck or try to keep it flowing (despite the players' best intentions!).

Booing the ref and touchie no the playee

During the kick? I just don't buy it mate.

Like I said, not a majority of the fan base but a distinct, audible minority.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
I used to be one, so I know what you mean. It's the isolation side effect of living miles from the rest of the world.

It's a fascinating, one sided rivalry. I obviously understand the logic of geographic isolation combined with a feeling that maybe WA didn't as much of an economic advantage as they'd like from the mining boom.

The fact is though, the average "big city" East Coaster just sees Perth as another capital city. People feel no differently about Perth than they do about Adelaide.

It feels very artificial, Super rugby issues not withstanding.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I didn't really notice the ref to be honest which is probably a good thing...........

The only real cock up was not giving Peni a red card for what was a clear red card offense - IMO much worse than the SBW incident............ he might likely cop a few weeks though (not that it really matters now).

He also incorrectly ruled that Colby knocked on the ball towards the end there.........

Otherwise, I didn't see a problem with him.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
I didn't really notice the ref to be honest which is probably a good thing.....

The only real cock up was not giving Peni a red card for what was a clear red card offense - IMO much worse than the SBW incident.... he might likely cop a few weeks though (not that it really matters now).

He also incorrectly ruled that Colby knocked on the ball towards the end there...

Hahaha he incorrectly didn't call multiple knock one from the rebels plus them not releasing the tackled player before getting on the ball. I would love to see the game through your eyes

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
I didn't really notice the ref to be honest which is probably a good thing.....

The only real cock up was not giving Peni a red card for what was a clear red card offense - IMO much worse than the SBW incident.... he might likely cop a few weeks though (not that it really matters now).

He also incorrectly ruled that Colby knocked on the ball towards the end there...

I think he would've ruled the offense as 'reckless' not 'intentional'. Reckless offenses like that carry a yellow - red level of punishment, and he opted for yellow. Wasn't SO different from the SBW red though, but not quite as bad.

If there's any referees here feel free to go deeper or correct me if I'm wrong.

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
As an aside, impressive to see Saaga scrum so well at 3. I don't know if this is a long term plan or a contingency.

Depending on how everything goes, I'd like to see it looked at more.

His current body shape certainly seems to suit it, and as long as you (and/or your captain) get the ref to watch your side closely for any funny business by the loosehead, a tighthead's strength can more easily accommodate a somewhat lesser tactical acumen, at least moreso than on the loosehead side.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
Hahaha he incorrectly didn't call multiple knock one from the rebels plus them not releasing the tackled player before getting on the ball. I would love to see the game through your eyes

If everyone (or almost everyone) online disagrees with you, do you think you could be wrong?

Obviously not everyone that watched the game is here or on Social Media, but there is a cross section. Feel free to extrapolate from it.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
I think he would've ruled the offense as 'reckless' not 'intentional'. Reckless offenses like that carry a yellow - red level of punishment, and he opted for yellow. Wasn't SO different from the SBW red though, but not quite as bad.

If there's any referees here feel free to go deeper or correct me if I'm wrong.
The Ref did not even want to give a yellow. Said contact was on the chest and went up.

Replays showed contact was neck and chin, and TMO told him to look again. Red would have ruined the game but was deserved. If the ref was French it would have been red

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
If everyone (or almost everyone) online disagrees with you, do you think you could be wrong?

Obviously not everyone that watched the game is here or on Social Media, but there is a cross section. Feel free to extrapolate from it.
Who the fuck is this guy

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
Depending on how everything goes, I'd like to see it looked at more.

His current body shape certainly seems to suit it, and as long as you (and/or your captain) get the ref to watch your side closely for any funny business by the loosehead, a tighthead's strength can more easily accommodate a somewhat lesser tactical acumen, at least moreso than on the loosehead side.

I disagree with the comment in bold, but otherwise I agree.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
The Ref did not even want to give a yellow. Said contact was on the chest and went up.

Replays showed contact was neck and chin, and TMO told him to look again. Red would have ruined the game but was deserved. If the ref was French it would have been red

Yeah, that was funny. He even watched the footage and said it wasn't high. I think he wanted to stick to his on-field decision so he didn't look weak.

Ah well, that's why we have TMOs.

Who the fuck is this guy

I rest my case.

L

Leo86

All i want to say os i called it earlier. Always a good game between the teams.

Booing? Seriously its part of sport. Ive watched Rugby, AFL and NBL im both WA and VIC. Same story at both booing happens.

Glad to see the circle at the end with both teams.

Respect to the rebels players and fans (GMR) as always you fought hard and had me guessing all the way

Status
Not open for further replies.