• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Fantasy Super rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

It Is Known

Bob McCowan (2)
So, anyone gonna pick George Smith for Round 4?

If he is starting I think I will, White isn't a sentimental coach so he wouldn't be picking him in the starting line up if he wasn't up to it. I'd imagine par for Smith would be 10+ tackles 5+ runs but I think he'd give a few penalties away . Also don't forget he like to have a breather on the wing, so there is also that chance for a walk in try.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
If he is starting I think I will, White isn't a sentimental coach so he wouldn't be picking him in the starting line up if he wasn't up to it. I'd imagine par for Smith would be 10+ tackles 5+ runs but I think he'd give a few penalties away . Also don't forget he like to have a breather on the wing, so there is also that chance for a walk in try.
I saw him in the Top League final in Japan, he was massive. Set up two tries, stopped three times that and it took three or more to stop him when he ran. Expect at least 30 points out of him if he starts.

It Is Known

Bob McCowan (2)
I saw him in the Top League final in Japan, he was massive. Set up two tries, stopped three times that and it took three or more to stop him when he ran. Expect at least 30 points out of him if he starts.

So almost a no.6? Shiiiit, going to have give him a run I think! Cheers, for the information.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
I'm currently 104th overall, which I think is an all-time high for me. 3rd in the G&GR league. All thanks to cranky Franky Halai!

So now to enjoy my inevitable plummet down the leaderboard........

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Do the points fluctuate as much as they did on the weekend? I was in the top 900 overall and 50 something in the G&GR league, and now 320 and 13 respectively!

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
I'll use my wildcard in the next 2 weeks probably. I did it early last year and it paid off. There is no point leaving it to the end.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Do the points fluctuate as much as they did on the weekend? I was in the top 900 overall and 50 something in the G&GR league, and now 320 and 13 respectively!

For the first 4 or 5 rounds there is a lot of movement. After that everyone has worked out who the form players are and it gets much harder.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
For the first 4 or 5 rounds there is a lot of movement. After that everyone has worked out who the form players are and it gets much harder.
That's a good point, but was actually referring to the individual scores of players on the weekend. Like for example, TPN was the hooker in the dream team of this week with 42 points, but has dropped to 34

It Is Known

Bob McCowan (2)
As no4918 early there is a whole lot of movement, mostly educated guesses get you the points. Later players are settled (3 - 5 in each position) and it's just a matter of picking the right player with their opposition.

EDIT: Just read your new post, yeah they fluctuate quite a bit. A lot of stats to be added or redefined.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
I think there is a lot of scope to move up in the Leagues as well as somepeople startaying in the first week or two but lose interest or whatever and stop playing....

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
fantasyrugby1.jpg

I've decided to bring in Ged Robinson for Stephen Moore due to the bye and because he's the most consistent hooker so far;
Ed Quirk in for Gareth Delve because he's injured, also been very consistent;
weighing up the possible benefit of switching out Nick Frisby for Cobus Reinach because the Shark scrumhalf is very promising but scrumhalf is such a low scoring position anyway;
and Henry Speight for Tim Nanai-Williams because it could well open up in the Chiefs-Cheetahs match.

Any suggestions or changes I should make that I've not picked up on?

Trajan

Allen Oxlade (6)
fantasyrugby1.jpg

I've decided to bring in Ged Robinson for Stephen Moore due to the bye and because he's the most consistent hooker so far;
Ed Quirk in for Gareth Delve because he's injured, also been very consistent;
weighing up the possible benefit of switching out Nick Frisby for Cobus Reinach because the Shark scrumhalf is very promising but scrumhalf is such a low scoring position anyway;
and Henry Speight for Tim Nanai-Williams because it could well open up in the Chiefs-Cheetahs match.

Any suggestions or changes I should make that I've not picked up on?
You have 3 rows of 2 players from one team, that may place you under the pump with transfers very soon. I know Piutau is playing the Crusaders but I fancy him to score more with his style of play then Cummins up against the Bulls in Pretoria. Harris is on the bench I believe so that may be a good thing for you if Bundee Aki is in an open game against the Cheetahs. You may not of adjusted your reserves yet so bear with me. Godwin's kicking was atrocious last round so I hope that high altitude helps him for you. I think you need to inject more overseas players into your squad in the next few rounds. Robinson is a good pick and just hope Shota Horie does not steal too much of his time on ground. Wallace - Harrison looks like he is sliding down the pecking order. When Horwill returns he may not even make the bench. Good luck this round.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
OK, after a horrid round 2 I need some advice.

Harris has to be out - Should I replace him with Saili (Blues) or Crotty (Saders)?

Delve is out - If I replace him with Quirk that means I will have two reds in my back row. Something I don't like to do but............ The other option is Coetzee (Sharks).

Also looking at Godwin out for Anscombe (Chiefs), & Cummins out for Nani-Williams (Chiefs).

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
OK, after a horrid round 2 I need some advice.

Harris has to be out - Should I replace him with Saili (Blues) or Crotty (Saders)?

Delve is out - If I replace him with Quirk that means I will have two reds in my back row. Something I don't like to do but.... The other option is Coetzee (Sharks).

Also looking at Godwin out for Anscombe (Chiefs), & Cummins out for Nani-Williams (Chiefs).

Saili.

Quirk. Who is your other Reds backrower? Gill could be kept as the Reds don't have a bye for a while but Schatz probably won't score will.

Godwin is cheap, keep him on the bench if you can.

Bring in TNW, I don't like the Forces outside backs chances and have moved Mafi on already

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
At prop I have Alexander, Slipper and Tetera Faulkner. If Force team isn't named by lockout do I trade Alexander out or roll the dice hoping Faulkner starts and improve another position.

Status
Not open for further replies.