• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Fantasy Super rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I wonder if Anscombe and Lealiifano could see me through the whole year at fly half.

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Whats the thinking on either Pulu or Weepu as halfbacks? Pulu is starting this week in a potentially high scoring game and Weepu looked fit and is kicking?

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Whats the thinking on either Pulu or Weepu as halfbacks? Pulu is starting this week in a potentially high scoring game and Weepu looked fit and is kicking?

I went with Pulu based on the fact that half-backs overall seem to scoring very low. No sense in spending up big for what is unlikely to be a game-changing score.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Was v suprised when logging into site to make my transfers for the first time since two days before the first round to see myself on 701 points, was expecting a lot worse! (had been travelling past couple weeks, and to my horror my android tablet I took couldn't process the required transfers!

Made some changes for this week of course, but glad I had picked Ged, Quirk and Rathborne to name a few to get me where I am!

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Robinson owners must be laughing their asses off at us idiots who choose Stephen Moore. They have gained 30 points and a spare 100K

Trajan

Allen Oxlade (6)
Robinson owners must be laughing their asses off at us idiots who choose Stephen Moore. They have gained 30 points and a spare 100K
Nothing idiotic about choosing Moore, stronger pack and he gunned it last year. Many would of picked Robinson because he was cheaper and reliable but not better then Moore. The cards fell their way and well done. I have not hesitated in transferring in Robinson this round for the Brumbies bye. Hope I'm not the kiss of death to Robinson owners. I wish they would take that red dot off Shields, he played last week and is named this week. I hope he has a blinder might be a point of difference.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Hmmm. In my centres I need two choose two of: JOC (James O'Connor), Taps and Bundee Aki. Currently have JOC (James O'Connor) on the bench. Any thoughts?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Hmmm. In my centres I need two choose two of: JOC (James O'Connor), Taps and Bundee Aki. Currently have JOC (James O'Connor) on the bench. Any thoughts?

I still have JOC (James O'Connor) in my team but not sure it is a good move (I ran out of transfers and he certainly wasn't a priority to get rid of).

There might be plenty of shots at goal tonight because the weather is poor but it is unlikely that the backlines will get many opportunities. If he scores lots of points tonight it will be from kicking.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Yeah I have a centre dilemma- have Tapuai, JOC (James O'Connor) and Frans Steyn.

Have gone with JOC (James O'Connor) and Steyn, with Taps on the bench. JOC (James O'Connor) is a classy player who should still score well in the wet. I hope. He will play the full 80 and get plenty of ball.

I am a big fan of F.Steyn, watched him against the Cheetahs quite closely and was impressed. Scored 30-odd points with very few opportunities- made a half-break almost every time he got the ball. He isn't kicking, but he is captain so will certainly play the full 80.

As for Taps, he is a good player who should get his chance against the Canes. What is the weather like in Brissy? For some reason I am cold on him this week, don't know why.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)

Front rowers with the new scoring system now get a lot of points for tackles so you pick players based on who will do the most defending.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
It's been pissing down where I work (in North Ryde) all day so I figure it'll be a bit stretch to imagine the type of game that JOC (James O'Connor) would tear up. Kicking points are really bonuses - if JOC (James O'Connor) won't get many normaly points, then kicking points won't help too much.

Also bit concerned about Taps. I think it's really a Taps v JOC (James O'Connor) for me, Aki is staying starting for now.

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
It's the same scoring system as last year where Moore scored 9 more points a game than Robinson.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
yes but Brumbies have had easier games where they had the majority of possession where as the Rebels struggled for possession. That's why you take fixtures into account, not just if they're playing

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
How did Moore outscore Robinson comprehensively for the whole year then? Rebels lose more games than the Brumbies did last year.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
C'mon guys, settle down a bit. It is only week 3. At this stage it is impossible to predict who will end up with the higher points tally at the end of the year. Both players are consistent at the moment. Will that change over the season? Who knows. Is it really worth arguing over?

Status
Not open for further replies.