• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Fantasy Super rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
Saili.

Quirk. Who is your other Reds backrower? Gill could be kept as the Reds don't have a bye for a while but Schatz probably won't score will.

Godwin is cheap, keep him on the bench if you can.

Bring in TNW, I don't like the Forces outside backs chances and have moved Mafi on already

Other Reds back row is Gill. Yeah.

Only prob with Godwin is that my other fly half is Lilo so Godwin would be it this week. Not sure how he will go against the Bulls.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
OK, after a horrid round 2 I need some advice.

Harris has to be out - Should I replace him with Saili (Blues) or Crotty (Saders)?

Delve is out - If I replace him with Quirk that means I will have two reds in my back row. Something I don't like to do but.... The other option is Coetzee (Sharks).

Also looking at Godwin out for Anscombe (Chiefs), & Cummins out for Nani-Williams (Chiefs).
For the Centres, Bundee Aki is cheap and might continue to perform. Out of those two, Saili is probably the better option (AKA I have him :p)

A good choice is Luke Braid for the back row. Coetzee was the best in 2012, it's up to you whether or not you trust him for 2013.

Cummins wasn't good for fantasy, drop him anyway. Anscombe kicks well, but Chris Noakes of the Blues is much more affordable and just as good when it comes to points.

Trajan

Allen Oxlade (6)
OK, after a horrid round 2 I need some advice.

Harris has to be out - Should I replace him with Saili (Blues) or Crotty (Saders)?

Delve is out - If I replace him with Quirk that means I will have two reds in my back row. Something I don't like to do but.... The other option is Coetzee (Sharks).

Also looking at Godwin out for Anscombe (Chiefs), & Cummins out for Nani-Williams (Chiefs).
Crusaders have stated they are committed to a more attacking style of play this season. For that reason I would favour Crotty over Saili and also Crusaders have already had their bye whereas the Blues have one coming up and its multiple teams. Coetzee is the go if you can afford him. He is the prototype scoring backrower for this fantasy competition ( a younger version of Liam Meesam ). Anscombe will give you short term advantages but you never know when Cruden might start kicking again although Anscombe was outstanding last round. Nanai-Williams may have a field day against the Cheetahs and he is hungry in a positive attacking team. Suckerforred is spot on about the Force outside backs.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
You have 3 rows of 2 players from one team, that may place you under the pump with transfers very soon. I know Piutau is playing the Crusaders but I fancy him to score more with his style of play then Cummins up against the Bulls in Pretoria. Harris is on the bench I believe so that may be a good thing for you if Bundee Aki is in an open game against the Cheetahs. You may not of adjusted your reserves yet so bear with me. Godwin's kicking was atrocious last round so I hope that high altitude helps him for you. I think you need to inject more overseas players into your squad in the next few rounds. Robinson is a good pick and just hope Shota Horie does not steal too much of his time on ground. Wallace - Harrison looks like he is sliding down the pecking order. When Horwill returns he may not even make the bench. Good luck this round.
Yep, will look to rectify my Rebels players and inject the overseas players, I just have to do it over several weeks because I screwed up my team selections ahaha

Trajan

Allen Oxlade (6)
At prop I have Alexander, Slipper and Tetera Faulkner. If Force team isn't named by lockout do I trade Alexander out or roll the dice hoping Faulkner starts and improve another position.
Dicey one Hench. Too many points to gamble on these days with props. i would wait till tomorrow arvo and if Foley cannot get his act together ( again ) trade out Alexander for someone capable of scoring big ( Crockett ). He has had his bye and that is one less thing to worry about. He can sometimes feel the wrath of the referees but he is mobile and can last a whole game if required.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Well, this is the end result
Team.png

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
I figure I should have at least one Australian :p

Actually, I think having Foley is quite astute. He won't have a bye for a while and racked up some decent points last round. Foley is also a goalkicker, and while he is listed as an outside back, we all know he is playing flyhalf. If the Tahs can put the Rebels to the sword, Foley should score strongly. At $226k, there are worse options about.

RC I like your outside backs. Piutau brings unbridled scoring potential (I did tell you guys he was good value), Diggers for his workload and Foley for the qualities outlined above.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
OK....thoughts anyone?? Probably looking to off-load Hougaard next round to free up some cash but couldn't fit it in this week.

Screen Shot 2013-02-28 at 11.27.32 PM.png

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Looks pretty solid Bullrush, though your blues backs might be contained by the Crusaders if they spend the week working them out, or you could score very highly. Also, you have 9 blues, rebels in total and with the bye in 2 weeks time, you will have to be extremely frugal with your 7 transfers or chance your arm on the wildcard.;)

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Looks pretty solid Bullrush, though your blues backs might be contained by the Crusaders if they spend the week working them out, or you could score very highly. Also, you have 9 blues, rebels in total and with the bye in 2 weeks time, you will have to be extremely frugal with your 7 transfers or chance your arm on the wildcard.;)

Thanks Bairdy. Yep....I'm a bit concerned that the Blues are playing the Crusaders but I've decided to play this one with my heart...LOL

The transfers over the next 2 weekends get a few of the Rebel players in particular out.....I'm hoping ;)

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Dicey one Hench. Too many points to gamble on these days with props. i would wait till tomorrow arvo and if Foley cannot get his act together ( again ) trade out Alexander for someone capable of scoring big ( Crockett ). He has had his bye and that is one less thing to worry about. He can sometimes feel the wrath of the referees but he is mobile and can last a whole game if required.

Foley is really becoming a pain in the neck!

If Cowan doesn't play, with Alexander on the bench, I will only have one scoring prop this week, Robinson. At least he should get 50-60 minutes against a weak scrum.

SouthernX

John Thornett (49)
WTF ... As in What the Force?

This last minute lineup announcement is really pissing off us fantasy managers. Good Chance Foley has already gone to bed and will name his squad sometime about 10 minutes into the Blues v Crusaders match.

My team is already done, but Pek Cowen gotta be a good pickup.. All that Force forward pack will be tackling in Petoria.

Status
Not open for further replies.