• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Fantasy Super rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Blown my transfers early this week.

Out - Ben Smith, Olivier, Vito
In - Ioane, Saili, George Smith

6.jpg

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Not meaning to have a personal crack at you 4918, but doing your transfers before teams are named is just madness.

There are a few teams either embarking on tours this week, or returning home from them. This can lead to all sorts of selection shenanigans. Not to mention minor injuries that may have blown up post-game, or stuff that happens at training.

At least you have the option to 'reset' this year I suppose, but still.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Julian Savea up 1 point to a massive 5...LOL

Pretty happy with how this week has panned ot - now up to No.9 in the G&GR league so hopefully that doesn't change tto much.

My thoughts for this week:

I've got both Ged Robinson and Stephen Moore so I'm thinking of selling Moore to get some more cash in the bank. Ged's been pretty consistent so far.

Do I buy James O'Conner back? I don't think he scores as well playing at 10 but there aren't a lot of good consistent backs that I like. Hmmmmmm

Has Anscombe done his dash? Is he a 'flash in the pan' or was this week just a blip?

So many good Blues players I want in my team.....which ones should I go with this week?

Thi Super Rugby season is turning out to be a real cracker I reckon!!

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Yeh lot of decisions this week. Lots of big scorers back

Luatau
Piutau
Robinson
Ioane
Oconnor
Saili
Fourie
Braid
Ranger

All are close to, if not actually leading Points per Games for their positions!!

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Yeh lot of decisions this week. Lots of big scorers back

Luatau
Piutau
Robinson
Ioane
Oconnor
Saili
Fourie
Braid
Ranger

All are close to, if not actually leading Points per Games for their positions!!

5 of them are Blues players.....2013 is a great year! LOL

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
368, not a good round, but not a terrible round, either. Story of my year so far.

Quirk (8), Ancombe (8), and Crotty (9) were my big failures for the week, followed by Flip VDM (14) and Poki (19). Rest of my team were all 24 - 33 in score. Miserably, I had all the wrong Chiefs players.

The one lucky thing for me this week was Alby. Held onto him as I was out of transfers, and he paid off. 3M was also a nice buy, but Sam Whitelock looks to be the pick of the fantasy locks currently.

I'd say that chasing players who have a big score the week before is often not the way to go unless they have a history of being able to maintain it.

On my bench, though, I have JOC (James O'Connor), Luatua and Piutau to come back. Relatively happy I held onto all of them.

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
5 of them are Blues players...2013 is a great year! LOL

I know and at the start of the year the only Blues player I was looking at was Weepu. Now if I start bringing them all in Im just chasing the pack a bit, not sure where the big improvers are going to come from.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
I know and at the start of the year the only Blues player I was looking at was Weepu. Now if I start bringing them all in Im just chasing the pack a bit, not sure where the big improvers are going to come from.

I've had Ranger and Halai pretty much from the start and brought F Saili in in the 2nd week I think. Getting Luatua in this week....he's just a massive work-horse!

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
I am keeping an eye on the Blues at the moment, I am really interested to see who will continue scoring points throughout the season. Pretty happy I have had Piutau from the start so far though.

Gena_ZA

Frank Row (1)
Had a bad weekend, doesn't help much if two of your players don't play the 2nd half due to injuries and the empasis of a big scoring captain cannot be overstated

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Just looking at the fixtures, Crusaders v Kings, and Chiefs v Highlanders look like fixtures that will wrack up a whole lot of points this weekend. Crusaders might even put a cricket score on the Kings at home so might stock up on some Canterburians ;)

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Hi guys Im looking at bringing in 3 of the following players

JOC (James O'Connor) for Crotty
Digby for Savea
Luatua for Simmons
Dan Carter for Anscombe
Pretorius for McKibbin

Any suggestions?

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Hi guys Im looking at bringing in 3 of the following players

JOC (James O'Connor) for Crotty
Digby for Savea
Luatua for Simmons
Dan Carter for Anscombe
Pretorius for McKibbin

Any suggestions?
You might want to hold off on transferring Carter as he'll temporarily be out, as his wife is due in like early April. I'm bringing in Pretorius as well but Mckibbon is only just second to Pretorius, average wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.