• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Fantasy Super rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Of course I bring back Julian Savea from the bench last week into my XV and he scores 4.
Of course I bring Gareth Anscombe into my XV and he scores 8.
Of course I transfer in Kade Poki and he scores 16!

But at least I wasn't foolish enough to make Poki my captain!

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Love your efforts and no doubt you're having a better year than me but.

I still think my paranoia theory is a better fit with smaller confidence intervals. Look at the evidence:
  1. Picked Ben Alexander from the start based on his performance last year. This year he's 23rd on a points per game basis with 16.7 ppg at a cost of $317K.
  2. TPN is not top ten this year. Dropped him for Moore, now watch Moore go down this week.
  3. Liam Messam is 17th, most years he is top three. Vito, Hooper, Spies all below him and I've had two of those three guys this year.
  4. Dropped McKibben as soon as Barnes was back because surely Barnes would kick. Barnes didn't.
  5. Picked Anscombe for the first time as Chiefs were playing Kings and made him captain. So far he's scored 8, maybe get a couple of tackles to make double figures.
  6. Picked Goosen from the start after last year's stellar performances - so far he's 17th in a 15 team competition. Then picked Sopoaga and he scored -4.
  7. Had Harris for his dead-eye kicking till Link dropped him (deservedly from a fantasy viewpoint).
  8. Had Tom Carter as he averaged 28 ppg over last two years - this year averaging 10 ppg.
  9. Had Gear till round 4, when he scored an 8! Dropped him and he immediately scores a 72. Also had Taylor based on spectacular form last year - currently averaging 5 ppg.
  10. Picked Savea for the first time this week, he scores 4. He was averaging 36.5 ppg till this week.
Paranoia theory? If I pick them they will go sh*t, if I drop 'em they'll be stellar.

Wow Hawko, that is really a rough trot you are having. I quite like the paranoia theory though, I will have to factor that into my calculations.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
I forgot to change my team because I have even away. Damn!!! Did frisby get by game time? I hope not coz I have Alby on the bench. In in trouble though. JOC (James O'Connor) and Saili in the centres. Both had a bye. Both captain and vice caption didn't play. I'm in trouble this round.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
304. Was hoping for better but can accept it. I dropped Gear for Savea and regret it, the rest I'm okay with.

My strategy of props, backrow, and outside backs being worth the most money seems to be working a treat, ranked 300 overall now. Willing to offer a hand to anyone who intends to use their wild card, just send a pm and I'll give you my email.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Quirk has been ok but not sure I would buy him now. He has been in my side from the start and I would transfer he but he is cheap enough to cover the bench. Not sure who for who I'd swap him for.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Sitting at 399 points at the moment for my worst round for a while. Like a lot of others here, Savea and Anscombe ravaged me a bit - especially as I had Dan Carter on the bench. Should have gone with my gut feel on a couple of calls I made this week but I have learnt something about my future calls in similar situations so I'm happy. Hopefully the points don't change too much cos I still went up in the G&GR League....currently at 20.....keep moving up baby!!

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
In that case maybe Cottrell because Force are playing Cheetahs at home. Or Gill. But I haven't got the Fantasy Rugby stats in front of me to say definitively.

jay-c

Ron Walden (29)
girls always do well in fantasy and tipping
apparently something to do with not having the emotion attached that guys do> ironic huh~

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
Quirk has been ok but not sure I would buy him now. He has been in my side from the start and I would transfer he but he is cheap enough to cover the bench. Not sure who for who I'd swap him for.

I would expect him to have a little rest. For a week or two...

Status
Not open for further replies.